restlefan

2019 NCAA Wrestling Championship Tickets Thread (Requests, etc.: Merged Topics)

On 2/6/2019 at 7:50 AM, dpd926 said:

The biggest difference this year seems to be in the number of tickets requested by teams, which is typically 10,000 but swelled to 25,000 this year. No doubt that the top teams requested more tickets but all of the teams had to have requested more this year for team demand to increase 150% over "normal". If demand among teams was that much greater this year, you have to think that demand among general fans was similar. It makes sense - more NCAA Qualifiers are from PA and OH than any other areas in the country. I doubt that there is any high school wrestling room in either of those two states that is more than a 6-hour drive from PPG Paints Arena. Many of those PA- and OH-native sons qualifiers graduate from college and stay in-state to live and coach. Thus, the greatest concentration of former college DI wrestlers in area of the country is most likely within a 300-mile radius of Pittsburgh. It should be no surprise that demand for tickets this year is at an unprecedented level.

Different arenas have different seating capacities depending on the event set-up. Since a hockey rink is a standard size, it seems like seating capacity for this event is the most appropriate unit of comparison. Here are some US arenas and their seating capacity for hockey (source: Wikipedia “List of ice hockey arenas by capacity”)

• United Center, Chicago: 19,717

• Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia: 19,537 (2011 host)

• Little Caesars Arena, Detroit: 19,515 (2022 host)

• Enterprise Center, St. Louis: 19,150 (host in 2017, 2015, 2012, 2009)

• KeyBank Center, Buffalo: 19,070

• Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland: 18,924 (2018 host)

• PNC Arena, Raleigh: 18,680

• American Airlines Center, Dallas: 18,532

• Capital One Arena, Washington, DC: 18,506

• PPG PAINTS ARENA, PITTSBURGH: 18,387 (2019 host)

• Staples Center, Los Angeles: 18,230

• Nationwide Arena, Columbus: 18,144

• Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul: 18,064

• Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City: 18,036 (2014 host)

• Pepsi Center, Denver: 18,007

• Madison Square Garden, New York City: 18,006

• TD Garden, Boston: 17,565

• T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas: 17,500

• Gila River Arena, Glendale AZ: 17,125

• Bridgestone Arena, Nashville: 17,113

• BOK Center, Tulsa: 17,096

• Prudential Center, Newark:16,514

• Barclays Center, Brooklyn: 15,813

• Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines: 15,581 (2013 host)

PPG Paints Arena is a bit smaller than some of the other recent- and upcoming- hosts, but not egregiously smaller. Demand for tickets is just that much greater this year.

Add to this that 3 defending champs (Nolf, Joseph, and Lee) among other returning All-Americans are from 30 min or less of PPG Paints arena.  That probably adds to demand a good bit.

I've got 1 all session ticket section 211 Row F for sale. $550 paypal payment. Kaseyandesthersmith@gmail.com or (717) 889-9168...ships from York, PA or we can meet in Pittsburgh at NCAAs after payment is received. Don't like the price? Send me an email or text with an offer, and if not sold by Friday night I'll contact the highest bidder and send you the ticket after payment.  UPDATE: SOLD

Edited by EQT2

Still looking for 2 tickets - upper or lower

Thank you,

Alan

402-955-9506

Based upon multiple web site searches today - ticket prices are falling and those that are listed at the higher end have been there for an extended period of time and not selling.

Edited by wrestlefan57
update number of tickets needed.

Can anyone tell me what the face value of an all session ticket is for the upper 200 level.  I'm trying to get a gauge for how much I'm willing to spend on a ticket.  I would like to know how much over face value I am being asked to pay. I'm not against anyone making a little money on their tickets but I don't want to pay obscene amounts.  If something seems reasonable to me then I will buy but if not I will just have to watch it at home.  It would be nice to go given that I live in Pittsburgh but everything has it's limits.  I would appreciate anyone's response.  I like to know what I am doing rather than being in the dark.

1 minute ago, Sullyter said:

Can anyone tell me what the face value of an all session ticket is for the upper 200 level.  I'm trying to get a gauge for how much I'm willing to spend on a ticket.  I would like to know how much over face value I am being asked to pay. I'm not against anyone making a little money on their tickets but I don't want to pay obscene amounts.  If something seems reasonable to me then I will buy but if not I will just have to watch it at home.  It would be nice to go given that I live in Pittsburgh but everything has it's limits.  I would appreciate anyone's response.  I like to know what I am doing rather than being in the dark.

Face value of lower bowl is $285 for an all-session ticket. So let that be the guide. I seriously doubt anyone will be selling a lower bowl ticket for anywhere close, but that's your measuring stick. 

2 minutes ago, Sullyter said:

Thanks Bob.  My guess was $225 after Jason said what the lower bowl was. So I was close. I appreciate the info. I like to make informed decisions.

You're welcome, I hope you voted for me back in the day.

5 hours ago, Sullyter said:

Thanks Bob.  My guess was $225 after Jason said what the lower bowl was. So I was close. I appreciate the info. I like to make informed decisions.

If you want, text me your offer.  (717) 889-9168.  I only have 1 available.  After payment (through Paypal, which is 100% secure and traceable) I can either ship it or meet the buyer in Pittsburgh before the 1st session.  I have section 211 Row F all sessions.  If I don't sell it by Friday it's going to the highest bidder.  SOLD

Edited by EQT2

6 hours ago, Sullyter said:

The tickets I bought for section 211 row F were $195 each plus $24.90 per ticket service fee bringing per ticket total to $219.90.  Each order also has a $4.95 order processing fee and a $4.75 shipping fee.  So...if you were to purchase a single ticket you'd pay $229.60.  The $4.95 and $4.75 is per order though, not per ticket, so purchasing 4 tickets (the maximum) would bring your per ticket cost to $222.33 instead of the $229.60.

1 hour ago, cchidlaw said:

Anyone have lower bowl Sessions 4, 5, 6?  I can't make it until Friday night so would rather not buy an entire set.  Text me at 440-452-9253

Jcard07 does....

I have 2 all session tickets. I wasn't planning on going this year but then the school offered me the tickets and I am having trouble finding a hotel. I'm either looking to get rid of both of them or work out a deal for one of the all sessions. PM me for details.

update 3/15- tickets no longer available as I decided to go. 

Edited by grappler1999

I’m trying to piece together a trip for 6 guys after our team request fell through. Would prefer 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 together if necessary. If all sessions is not an option then I would also be interested in sessions 3 and 4. Thanks

Edited by Pcjacobs