Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

125 next year

Regarding Fix at 133: am I the only guy here that sees potential big problems with Gross? Wouldn't Fix be giving up a ton of height in that match, in addition to weight?

Have Fix/Gross wrestled a folk match before?

Doubtful they've wrestled folk, not a lot of opportunity with age difference and folk season, he beat Micic that once in Free but that was a trap arm and see ya, obviously lost the next 2.

That said, I think any of the lankier opponents who have proven being lanky and awkward is their bread and butter, will cause problems for most shorter wrestlers, especially if they were to come up in weight.

And no you are not the only guy here that see the "bonus point machine animal", that is the returning national champion, giving the redshirt freshman up a weight problems.

After typing the above

Fix just isn't a 133, and at 125 his main roadblock to the title is Spencer Lee.

At 133, its 6 or 7 "Main" roadblocks, and then the other tough ancillary guys....

man, 133 is going to be tough

Yeah, my comment was in regard to some posts I saw stating Fix should go to 133, would have a better chance there.

Regarding Fix at 133: am I the only guy here that sees potential big problems with Gross? Wouldn't Fix be giving up a ton of height in that match, in addition to weight?

Have Fix/Gross wrestled a folk match before?

I think Fix has a better shot vs Gross than vs Lee

Gross can be taken down. He is a hammer on top, but his defense is suspect vs the best guys

I think Fix has a better shot vs Gross than vs Lee

Gross can be taken down. He is a hammer on top, but his defense is suspect vs the best guys

I think he has a better shot at losing to "The field" at 33

I think at 125 he has a good shot at it being a Him vs Lee race and it would be hard to justify your first year of competition at the deeper weight when you could make the lighter.

Don't forget how salty Gross is, I would take him over Lee as well, kids a nightmare, as is Micic, Suriano is going to take some L's this year in the move up as well, depending on competition, I am not sure how active that team is .

My take...I think Fix would perform much better at 133 than Picc would and I think the difference in placement at 125 would be negligible enough to warrant a move up for Fix over Picc. You're talking a finalist vs. a top 4 @ 125 and a finalist vs. a DNP at 133. 

My take...I think Fix would perform much better at 133 than Picc would and I think the difference in placement at 125 would be negligible enough to warrant a move up for Fix over Picc. You're talking a finalist vs. a top 4 @ 125 and a finalist vs. a DNP at 133.

I think it's kind of a lock finalist at at 125 vs potentially not placing at 133.... I dont think any of the 3, Picc, Brock, Fix is a lock AA... at 133, and I don't think Brock beats Gfeller so I think he stays down.

Yall have so much more confidence then I do on him being a finalist at 133. I wouldn't bet 10 bucks Gross is a finalist. The weight is going to be nails.

Fix barely beat Bresser and Fausz why are yall assuming he skates my Micic, Wilson, Pletcher, Mueller, Bridges, Desanto, Lizak, Suriano, etc.. he beat Bresser and Fausz both 2-1... this is NOT FREESTYLE, guys can scramble and expose their back, there are stalemates, there are points rewarded when you cut somebody, you have to try to escape,.... it's just completely different, Fix needs to play to his advantages and cut down to 25.

If he goes 33 and makes the finals I'll be the first to be out there chanting it's the most unbelieveable thing since Bubba Jenkins ASU national Champion but I think everyone is caught up in freestyle results...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Edited by spladle08

I think he has a better shot at losing to "The field" at 33

I think at 125 he has a good shot at it being a Him vs Lee race and it would be hard to justify your first year of competition at the deeper weight when you could make the lighter.

Don't forget how salty Gross is, I would take him over Lee as well, kids a nightmare, as is Micic, Suriano is going to take some L's this year in the move up as well, depending on competition, I am not sure how active that team is .

Agreed on fix having an easier road to the finals at 125.

I think you are underestimating Suriano. Suriano may very well have gone 1-2-?-? without the injury freshman year. He dominated both finalists and only had a close loss to Gilman. He would’ve been the 2 seed, so he wouldn’t have had to wrestle him.

Suriano is absolutely incredible. He hasn’t lost to anyone else (besides Lee) and was the only guy to slow Lee down at nationals.

Suriano is very hard to take down. He tires guys out, is always coming forward and is technical as well. He isn’t all that flashy for a 125/133lber, but don’t let that fool you.

I am a tOSU fan, but I think he is a clear favorite over anyone who placed out of the top 3 last year.

Gross - I think this may be his easiest match out of the three. Gross is amazing, but Suriano won’t get taken down by him. Gross has to work his magic on top, and Suriano I think has only even turned once in college. He is strong as hell and uses explosively times movements.

Micic - might be the worst matchup in the top 3. Micic can go takedown for takedown with anyone. He appears to have jumped levels as well, at least on the feet, taking 3rd at euros. I might pick Micic here

Wilson - we just don’t know. I think Wilson is a legit title threat, but I want to see him wrestle a bit more in his current form before having any confidence around picking him.

In short, a loss to most of the guys in the top 10 at 133 would be an upset for Suriano.

I think you are underestimating Suriano. Suriano may very well have gone 1-2-?-? without the injury freshman year. He dominated both finalists and only had a close loss to Gilman. He would’ve been the 2 seed, so he wouldn’t have had to wrestle him.

Suriano is absolutely incredible. He hasn’t lost to anyone else (besides Lee) and was the only guy to slow Lee down at nationals.

Suriano is very hard to take down. He tires guys out, is always coming forward and is technical as well. He isn’t all that flashy for a 125/133lber, but don’t let that fool you.

I am a tOSU fan, but I think he is a clear favorite over anyone who placed out of the top 3 last year.

Gross - I think this may be his easiest match out of the three. Gross is amazing, but Suriano won’t get taken down by him. Gross has to work his magic on top, and Suriano I think has only even turned once in college. He is strong as hell and uses explosively times movements.

Micic - might be the worst matchup in the top 3. Micic can go takedown for takedown with anyone. He appears to have jumped levels as well, at least on the feet, taking 3rd at euros. I might pick Micic here

Wilson - we just don’t know. I think Wilson is a legit title threat, but I want to see him wrestle a bit more in his current form before having any confidence around picking him.

In short, a loss to most of the guys in the top 10 at 133 would be an upset for Suriano.

Dont get me wrong, Suriano is a beast but the weight is just so deep and talent laden every weekend you're going to be in for a battle 1 thru 20, it's not like 125 last year where we prayed we could get 2 of the top 6 guys matching up somewhere across the country.

I do expect him to place top 3 maybe 4.

I do see Micic giving him issues, I actually think Pletchers style could cause a problem..

I'd be interested in a him vs Brock match...

All speculation at this point but at the end of the year he's always tough to pick against. I'll put his regular season loss total over under at 2.5

Edited by spladle08

Agree

I think it's kind of a lock finalist at at 125 vs potentially not placing at 133.... I dont think any of the 3, Picc, Brock, Fix is a lock AA... at 133, and I don't think Brock beats Gfeller so I think he stays down.

Yall have so much more confidence then I do on him being a finalist at 133. I wouldn't bet 10 bucks Gross is a finalist. The weight is going to be nails.

Fix barely beat Bresser and Fausz why are yall assuming he skates my Micic, Wilson, Pletcher, Mueller, Bridges, Desanto, Lizak, Suriano, etc.. he beat Bresser and Fausz both 2-1... this is NOT FREESTYLE, guys can scramble and expose their back, there are stalemates, there are points rewarded when you cut somebody, you have to try to escape,.... it's just completely different, Fix needs to play to his advantages and cut down to 25.

If he goes 33 and makes the finals I'll be the first to be out there chanting it's the most unbelieveable thing since Bubba Jenkins ASU national Champion but I think everyone is caught up in freestyle results...

Actually I'll differ from you on this. I think Brock is pretty much a lock to be a high AA at 133 next year (top 4), and I wouldn't be shocked if he made the finals. I agree 133 isn't safe territory for Fix or Picc though. Fix is short even by 125 standards, albeit obviously very strong/fast.

However it plays out as fans I'm sure everybody will enjoy the show :D

Actually I'll differ from you on this. I think Brock is pretty much a lock to be a high AA at 133 next year (top 4), and I wouldn't be shocked if he made the finals. I agree 133 isn't safe territory for Fix or Picc though. Fix is short even by 125 standards, albeit obviously very strong/fast.

However it plays out as fans I'm sure everybody will enjoy the show :D

Brock is far from an AA lock at 133, let alone finalist. He goes big, then he goes home. A lot of flash, but not much discipline.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Brock is far from an AA lock at 133, let alone finalist. He goes big, then he goes home. A lot of flash, but not much discipline.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well, Brock already has two AA finishes under his belt (5th both years).  I don't know about his discipline, but he seems to get caught from time to time. Big risk/reward type guy, I guess. I have faith he'll improve.

Edited by TobusRex

I think you are underestimating Suriano. Suriano may very well have gone 1-2-?-? without the injury freshman year. He dominated both finalists and only had a close loss to Gilman.

Can you describe the dominating, 8-6 win over Lizak for those of us who missed the match? 

Didn't Mr. Suriano forfeit to him twice this year?  Maybe he figured that match would have been too easy! 

Can you describe the dominating, 8-6 win over Lizak for those of us who missed the match?

Didn't Mr. Suriano forfeit to him twice this year? Maybe he figured that match would have been too easy!

Glad you mentioned this, I always like to have little "possible" rivalries I'm looking out for. Where one guy is just a thorn in anothers side. I didn't know they had a close match and I also didnt know about the forfeits. I like it

Well, Brock already has two AA finishes under his belt (5th both years). I don't know about his discipline, but he seems to get caught from time to time. Big risk/reward type guy, I guess. I have faith he'll improve.

He is one of my most favorite guys to watch and he has the ability to bang of two titles but....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Didn't Mr. Suriano forfeit to him twice this year? Maybe he figured that match would have been too easy!

If I recall correctly, true freshman Suriano was up 3 takedowns to none and gave up two takedowns late in the match

Are you suggesting you would’ve picked Lizak over Suriano at NCAAs?

Glad you mentioned this, I always like to have little "possible" rivalries I'm looking out for. Where one guy is just a thorn in anothers side. I didn't know they had a close match and I also didnt know about the forfeits. I like it

The forfeits are bs. Suriano wasn’t running. Cmon.