Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Minnesota - 18/19

Minnesota has serious upside! Looking forward to seeing how it plays out 

the more ore I think about it, the more I think they could be top 5. Because most of their good guys are 6-15 or so, they could also completely flop. I think they are only a “lock” to AA at 133 and hvwt. The other hammers they have (125, 141, 149) could all AA, but nobody would be surprised if they don’t. Skatska could too. 

They remind me of a worse version of OSU from last year. Tons of potential, but a few upsets and they could do really poorly. For example, OSU would’ve likely placed 7th if Dean Heil had been top 4. If a few of their guys just won one more match or Weigel wasn’t injured, they would’ve placed 5th or maybe even 4th. 

Minnesota is in a a similar position. They could place as high as 5th or 6th, but them being around 15th is certainly possible too if they only get real points from Gable (22) and Lizak (15). That would put them 10-15 or so. 

The first Intermat rankings of the season are out. Minnesota 9th in Dual meet and 12th in tournament. Very conservative ranking of Gable Steveson at 5th. They Have Stoll, Nevills, Hemida, and White all seniors ahead of him. Dhesi was not ranked.

Edited by REPetzoldt
additional related information

3 hours ago, REPetzoldt said:

The first Intermat rankings of the season are out. Minnesota 9th in Dual meet and 12th in tournament. Very conservative ranking of Gable Steveson at 5th. They Have Stoll, Nevills, Hemida, and White all seniors ahead of him. Dhesi was not ranked.

I read that Dhesi was granted another year but he is choosing not to compete in college. I think he just made the world team for Canada so he might be focused on freestyle 

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, Housebuye said:

I read that Dhesi was granted another year but he is choosing not to compete in college. I think he just made the world team for Canada so he might be focused on freestyle 

There goes a lot of peoples predictions out the window.

Just now, REPetzoldt said:

There goes a lot of peoples predictions out the window.

true

This really helps Minnesota, Iowa, PSU and OSU. 

This really hurts tOSU, NC State and Missouri.

Dhesi actually has a dream draw tomorrow at worlds too. The only match prior to the finals where he is a significant underdog is vs our very own Gwiz. He is unlikely to win that, but his bronze match, assuming Gwiz makes the finals, would be against an opponent he can beat. 

It is absolutely realistic for Dhesi to end up with a bronze. In fact, I might even say it is likely.

2 hours ago, REPetzoldt said:

. Hall could have made his mark in his home state.

You are right he would have done well at Michigan. Or he me may have made some waves at DII Campbellsville KY too.  

Edited by MadMardigain

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:46 PM, MadMardigain said:

You are right he would have done well at Michigan. Or he me may have made some waves at DII Campbellsville KY too.  

I define home state as where you went to High School. :-) 

16 hours ago, MNRodent said:

7 champs, 14 finalists, 5 thirds for Minnesota at the Daktronics.

A small field at this tourney, with some questions remaining.  A good start to the season none the less.

I've been looking for results on the internet and can't find them. Any help? Who was the best program represented other than Minnesota?

2 hours ago, REPetzoldt said:

I've been looking for results on the internet and can't find them. Any help? Who was the best program represented other than Minnesota?

Flo wrestling has the brackets.  Nebraska and SDSU were there, but Neb. left most of their starters at home.

9 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

Dhesi isn't wrestling collegiately any more.

It’s still strange and telling of the hype train running on a one way track that feels like it should be getting somewhere but somehow’s neither here nor there

11 hours ago, MNRodent said:

Dhesi isn't wrestling collegiately any more.

That has not been determined yet  - Still training at OSU

Dhesi is wrestling at the U23 World Championships this week

If Dhesi wrestles second semester he will not lose to Steveson

Edited by Idaho

4 hours ago, Idaho said:

That has not been determined yet  - Still training at OSU

Dhesi is wrestling at the U23 World Championships this week

If Dhesi wrestles second semester he will not lose to Steveson

They took him off the roster, is all I'm going by.