Sign in to follow this  
FreestyleWrestler

Asian games 2018

Michigan Domenic ABOUNADER represented Lebanon and took silver medal in the 86kg .

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/event/asian-games

Lähetetty minun COL-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Had some decent wins in there, here is the whole bracket with results.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrestling_at_the_2018_Asian_Games_%E2%80%93_Men%27s_freestyle_86_kg

Obviously he ran into Yaz, but solid performance overall

Takahashi going down first round 9-5 to eventual runner up Kang, is a notable result

As is Sushil Kumar going 1 and done.

The more a look through these brackets there were a lot of decent upsets.

Fun tourney, bring on worlds

Edited by spladle08

Takahashi going down first round 9-5 to eventual runner up Kang, is a notable result

You beat me to it spladle. Takahashi loses first round to PKR then wrestles back for bronze at 57kg.

How about Bajrang winning 65kg? This guy is killing it lately. Gold at Yasar Dogu then gold again today.

Edited by 2td3nf

Ok spladle, one more piggyback off your post - yes looks like 35 year old Sushil Kumar is back, now up at 74kg but gets beat by 33 year old Adam Batirov in first round.

Hope to find some of these matches on video. Definitely gonna try to check out some of Bajrang's matches.

Ok spladle, one more piggyback off your post - yes looks like 35 year old Sushil Kumar is back, now up at 74kg but gets beat by 33 year old Adam Batirov in first round.

Hope to find some of these matches on video. Definitely gonna try to check out some of Bajrang's matches.

The finals are posted on there but the quality overall seems poor, but if you were in immediate need :)

https://youtu.be/ERA1V327bTo

Just going through some of Bajrang's recent matches. He won gold today at Asian Games, won gold at Yasar Dogu (at 70kg), gold at Tblisi and bronze at Asian championships back in February. Ironically Takatani beat Bajrang at Asians then Bajrang revenges Takatani today in AG finals.

Bajrang has a great gas tank and can and will go the full 6 minutes.

Edited by 2td3nf

Here's Adam Batirov win against Sushil Kumar. Check out about 20 seconds into the 2nd period when Batirov baits Kumar into a leg shot. Pretty much sealed the match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCXZYPs1pmQ

Man, Kumar looked every bit of his 35 years.  And Batirov is tricky, that cagey veteran who can still give you fits.

Thanks for posting Yazdani's matches. He is a fantastic wrestler and seems like a great guy too.

Well, the World Championship format has changed to 2 days and UWW can somewhat promote and showcase the finals now. Of course there is no guarantee that either guy will make it to the finals, but a Yazdani vs Taylor final would be great for the sport, IMO.

Yazdani has basically no ranking points as far as I know, he has been to none of the ranking tournaments. I think Taylor is number 2 behind a Turk. So they could wrestle first match I believe.

Yes, looks like it's possible they could meet in the first round. They could just as easily be in opposite brackets as well.

Yazdani has basically no ranking points as far as I know, he has been to none of the ranking tournaments. I think Taylor is number 2 behind a Turk. So they could wrestle first match I believe.

Yeah.

Wrestling really shoots itself in the foot when it comes to promoting matches. They took a step in the right direction with next day finals, but come on. Yazdani vs Taylor would have a lot of eyeballs on it if it’s the finals. Them meeting in round 1 means almost nobody would be watching besides the hardcore fans, which doesn’t build the sport.