Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

BC Update

On 12/22/2018 at 8:01 PM, Billyhoyle said:

So high schoolers don’t have their emails synced with their smart phones? Maybe they need to use an app like slack that allows communication but can be done in an official manner. 

There shouldn’t be anything wrong with a coach texting his athletes, but I think a smart school policy would be to ban it and ensure all digital communication goes through official channels. 

The content of these texts though are the real problem..I don’t get how he is still coaching given what I read, unless those reports are in dispute. 

Regarding Texting students-athletes. My daughter is an 8 year teacher-coach. Texting is the communication tool with students and parents with both athletics and academics.

Call me crazy, but I don't see the issue with texting. Just like e-mail, there is a paper trail and what you say is written down. Would those who are against texting prefer phone conversations? It seems to me that it is older generations that see texting as some intimate form of communication instead of what it is - the simplest and easy way of communicating in 2019.