Sign in to follow this  
Gantry

HWC Additions

I am surprised with the addition of the women to the program. I know that the Iowa fans are largely wrestling supporters and not just Hawkeye fans but I tend to think of the freestyle clubs as there to merely augment the college teams and that doesn't serve that purpose.

So they got Safarov, who lets face it, is just the equivalent of any domestic top 10 guy... but .. I have some questions

Do these clubs go out and recruit international guys to come train or do the international guys approach the clubs?

Also would it be worth it to incentivize some of the top guys at the weight above or below some of our top guys to come train with them? I know Snyder does his thing, and Chamizo is always here even though I have no idea who he works out with.

But like paying a top 10, 61kg (So no conflict of weight) to come, "TRAIN WITH" (crush) Gilman for a few months, would the learning be negligible at this point in their careers or do you think he would benefit.

Is this done with anyone, I follow Chamizo on insta and he seems to be working out in a new country every week, but aside from him, I see Oliver at Cornell,
Magic Man, flying to Cali for strength and conditioning, so on and so forth.

Do we get enough here, or would it benefit to bring in better guys?

So they got Safarov, who lets face it, is just the equivalent of any domestic top 10 guy... but .. I have some questions

Do these clubs go out and recruit international guys to come train or do the international guys approach the clubs?

Also would it be worth it to incentivize some of the top guys at the weight above or below some of our top guys to come train with them? I know Snyder does his thing, and Chamizo is always here even though I have no idea who he works out with.

But like paying a top 10, 61kg (So no conflict of weight) to come, "TRAIN WITH" (crush) Gilman for a few months, would the learning be negligible at this point in their careers or do you think he would benefit.

Is this done with anyone, I follow Chamizo on insta and he seems to be working out in a new country every week, but aside from him, I see Oliver at Cornell,

Magic Man, flying to Cali for strength and conditioning, so on and so forth.

Do we get enough here, or would it benefit to bring in better guys?

Don't make all of the PSU fans' head explode if they see DT working out with Pico again.

I'm glad Chamizo trains in a different country week in and week out like a freakin' superstar. Back in the day, Vincenzo Maenza (2 Olympic golds and one silver in Greco) used to compete knowing that, at the end of his career, he would get a job as a bank clerk (which he didn't get, by the way).