Lurker

My all time favorite wrestling match (link)

Wow....the first pair of guys were BAD. Imagine what a guy with a halfway decent double would've done to those guys. Or at least a guy not afraid to take a shot when his opponent stands straight up and shakes out, lol.

Edited by TobusRex

Well mine was Snyder beating Gadisov for the Gold in Vegas.

There's so many great matches to choose from but the Synder vs Gadisov in Vegas is definitely towards the top of my list.

The Burroughs vs Geduev semi from Vegas was another classic. (Just loved Coach Slay's reactions in the background in this one.) :D

I prefer these versions :)

Edited by jhc

I always loved Kevin Jackson vs jabrailov at the Olympics in 92 I believe.  Great match with a brilliant finish. Also tons of matches with Brands and Kendall Cross.  Snyder vs Gwiz was special too. 

Terry Brands vs. Jesus Wilson at the '93 Worlds...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fWP5bunSp1s" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like it was filmed by Leroy Nieman.

That was insane defense by Lewis at the end. Rubber band man.

Yup, and he got ripped off not only at the end of the match by not getting those last two awarded, but also in the back alley. Shame.  Should have wrestled Sergei Beloglazov for the world title. Robbery.

That being said, Schterev's throw at 2:00 was one for the ages...kept his calm, missed twice, re-grouped and changed his hold and took a serious chance on breaking his neck.

Trying to take Lewis down conventionally was a waste of time...one could not take a breath to re-group once the shot was taken.

Edited by BadgerMon

Yup, and he got ripped off not only at the end of the match by not getting those last two awarded, but also in the back alley. Shame. Should have wrestled Sergei Beloglazov for the world title. Robbery.

That being said, Schterev's throw at 2:00 was one for the ages...kept his calm, missed twice, re-grouped and changed his hold and took a serious chance on breaking his neck.

Trying to take Lewis down conventionally was a waste of time...one could not take a breath to re-group once the shot was taken.

His defense is off the charts in that match but I’m not sure he took a single shot. I guess there’s more than one way to skin a cat but did Lewis have any leg attacks?

This video looks like a 5th generation copy of the VHS tape I have (the original). Interesting that 2 days before the tournament began LeeRoy Smith dislocated his shoulder while slipping in the shower, so Randy hustled into Edmonton, somehow made the weight, and actually had his hand raised after the match, only to have the match overturned during their backroom video review. This happened so often with FILA; so much better today, but I can think of at least 5 Americans denied their opportunity to win Gold because a bout was overturned after everyone left the gym.

Edited by fullnelson