Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

Rutgers

They are building a modern training facility and NJ wrestlers have gained a lot of respect for Goodale and his coaches. 2018/19 will be a pivotal year. The Scarlet Knights could have as many as 5 AA’s with 2 being National Champions. If everything falls their way, this could be the year that Rutgers joins the elite in College Wrestling.

5 AAs would be impressive

Suriano, Ashnault, Van Brill, Gravina? Who else?

Rutgers has recently been surprising everyone with a relatively unknown wrestler that unexpectedly places. That “soon to be identified” person is the fifth.

I think Glasgow has huge upside. Corrent is talented as well.

Is Glasgow actually coming to Rutgers?  I read on NJ.com he was going to do a year of prep school but did he make it on campus this year?

Is Glasgow actually coming to Rutgers? I read on NJ.com he was going to do a year of prep school but did he make it on campus this year?

He had injuries so he went to a prep school for a year and wasn’t on the mat for a few months. He’s now at rutgers

I believe he’s on the roster.

He had injuries so he went to a prep school for a year and wasn’t on the mat for a few months. He’s now at rutgers

Awesome, thanks guys.  

What was that quote from the movie, Field of Dreams?

“If you build it, New Jersey’s #1 export product will still be Division I college athletes.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was watching BTN last night and a commercial featuring Anthony Ashnault discussing Rutgers wrestling appeared.

It also included his father, brother, sister and mother (I believe in that order) with the message being not only does anyone wrestling Rutgers have to contend with Rutgers, but an/the entire family.

I've had the BTN as part of my cable package for approx 5 years.  This is the 1st wrestling centric commercial on the network I've seen.

None about the shaved-head LDS guy, Tan Tom or the identicals with the ill-fitting clothes = programs that have won the NCAAs.

Nope. None of those. But there is one of Ashnault and Rutgers...

I was watching BTN last night and a commercial featuring Anthony Ashnault discussing Rutgers wrestling appeared.

It also included his father, brother, sister and mother (I believe in that order) with the message being not only does anyone wrestling Rutgers have to contend with Rutgers, but an/the entire family.

I've had the BTN as part of my cable package for approx 5 years.  This is the 1st wrestling centric commercial on the network I've seen.

None about the shaved-head LDS guy, Tan Tom or the identicals with the ill-fitting clothes = programs that have won the NCAAs.

Nope. None of those. But there is one of Ashnault and Rutgers...

Would love to see it. Too bad Comcast no longer carries BTN in Florida.

Edited by SetonHallPirate

Would love to see it. Too bad Comcast no longer carries BTN in Florida.

I think you can subscribe to the BTN online. Should be a jiff to hook up your TV monitor to a PC. On the other hand every wrestling fan I've talked to has expressed profound disappointment in the BTN.