JBluegill133

Richard Perry accident

Freak accident or not, all-out pugil stick training to prepare extemely physically capable world-class wrestlers for the worlds is beyond idiotic and should never be done again. What a stupid and irresponsible idea.

I donated to Perry's fund and wish him and his wonderful family the best.

Freak accident or not, all-out pugil stick training to prepare extemely physically capable world-class wrestlers for the worlds is beyond idiotic and should never be done again. What a stupid and irresponsible idea.

I honestly think Joe Russell should resign his position at USA Wrestling. There's is no logical explanation for pugil stick training for our wrestlers, especially this close to Worlds.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I understand that it is important to maintain respect and privacy for the Perry family, but has there been any reporting on what caused this? If in fact USAW acted neglegently as some here are suggesting (and seems possibly to be the case) where are the reports from people with sources? Isn’t it possible to report the facts while respecting the family’s privacy (reporting could actually help raise awareness and increase their fundraising).

Feigning insight and virtue signaling......your quintessential post. 

Well I hope that Richard can get through this and return to a normal life. After reading some of these posts it makes me very worried, not just for his general well being, but his career as well. And today, I saw a video of SnyderMan sky diving, and my first thought was what if he gets hurt. I know that you have to live your life, but the timing of this does concern me, as well as engaging in an activity that is risky and not related to his training. Although I guess he may have wanted to do this just for a break in his routine, but if I was one of his coaches or friends, I would've advised him to choose a safer activity.

Update from Gina -

“Prayer Warriors:

Today we need more prayers than ever. Please rally together and pray with me for Rich’s healing. The results from yesterday’s tests are NOT what we wanted to hear. However, I am still holding onto my faith in God and His will. I am trusting in His promises and leaning on Him. I pray you all are doing the same.

I’ve learned that sometimes things don’t go the way we plan, life doesn’t always end up the way you picture and pray for it. It’s our job as Christians to TRUST God and His plan because He is the only one who can see the bigger picture. I know how deeply rooted Rich’s faith is and I find comfort in knowing that Rich would not be shaken by any of the reports or news, so, when I become shaken by things the doctors say, I immediately grasp onto my faith and call out to the Lord for help, for strength, for comfort.

I am asking today that you all pray for Rich’s immune system be completely restored. Pray for his blood to flow freely through his body without clot or restriction. Please pray that this illness his body is fighting, is stopped in its tracks and destroyed ceasing to cause any complications or damages. I ask that you continue to praise God for the mountains He is moving and that you continue to thank Him for giving us such a strong friend, husband and father.

As soon as I know further details I will update everyone. In the meantime please continue to pray without ceasing and continue to praise God.

Thank you all ❤️

Edit: RICH MOVED HIS LEFT HAND TODAY! Though the movement was slight, it is incredibly significant because he has yet to move his left side since the initial trauma. God is in control and continuing to heal Rich I believe it. I declare it. I decree it in the name of Jesus by the blood of our Savior who claimed us at the cross and who we claim Day in and day out in our lives.”

From Gina -

“Update: today we gained a little more clarity on the current situation. I am so thankful for the days that God gave us last week—I was able to hear Rich say “I love you,” not only to me, but to our daughter as well. I know God knew exactly what was to come this week, so he made sure that we were given those much needed “I love you’s” to get us through these next few days.

Rich is continuing to fight an infection that has cancelled surgery and is now causing other complications. While it could be worse, and we are so thankful it is not worse, what we are faced with is infection causing Rich to become very sleepy, preventing him from really opening his eye, and also preventing him from talking which he was previously doing. This is normal, I’m told it will be a roller coaster and this is all a part of the process. What’s not normal is the infection, so we need to pray that away. Rich is able to respond by nodding or shaking his head and he is still able to move his right side and acknowledge feeling in his left side (which he previously could not do) PRAISE GOD

I know God is still working and I know in His time this will all work for His glory. Please pray for Rich to draw his strength from the Lord, for his blood to flow freely through his body and the vasospasms to subside and for the Lord to stop this infection in its tracks and make it leave Rich’s body.

Thank you all for the messages, texts, calls and love ❤️ Rich is still fighting and he won’t stop, but it means the world to us that you all are fighting with us.”

Help spread the word!

Great news.  Hopefully there is another positive update on Monday.  

Update from Gina -

“Update: God is moving mountains and the power of prayer is SO real I cannot put into words how thankful I am for each and every single prayer you’ve all said for Rich, myself and our family ❤️ GOD IS SO GOOD. 

Another day spent awake and alert today! We got a handful of smiles and even a few laughs. Rich spent a lot of time today looking at pictures of the kids and watching all of the videos that were sent to us or previously recorded. He is doing so great and surgery is finally planned for Monday morning WHEN all goes well with surgery we will spend 2-3 days in the ICU and then head to the Proactive Care Unit for a few days before... get ready for it.... HEADING TO PHILADELPHIA where Rich will do his Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation. Can we just get a Hallelujah?! I mean seriously. Totally trusting God for a complete recovery ❤️ 

I am so grateful for my husband and his strong faith in God; knowing that is where he draws his strength from gives me such peace of mind because I know how powerful and mighty our God is. He has never failed us ❤️ Please send prayers that Rich continues to draw his strength from the Lord, that the Vasospasm’s continue to decrease and Rich has another great day tomorrow! 

Love to you all! 

Side note: While in the ICU waiting room I met a family, specifically a wife whose husband was struck in the head by a 35 pound beam that fell from 40 ft high in the air. Her husband, Pastor Gomez, has pneumonia in his lungs following his surgery two days ago. Please lift him up in prayer and ask for his healing too❤️”

Update from Gina -

“Update: God is moving mountains and the power of prayer is SO real I cannot put into words how thankful I am for each and every single prayer you’ve all said for Rich, myself and our family ❤️ GOD IS SO GOOD. 

Another day spent awake and alert today! We got a handful of smiles and even a few laughs. Rich spent a lot of time today looking at pictures of the kids and watching all of the videos that were sent to us or previously recorded. He is doing so great and surgery is finally planned for Monday morning WHEN all goes well with surgery we will spend 2-3 days in the ICU and then head to the Proactive Care Unit for a few days before... get ready for it.... HEADING TO PHILADELPHIA where Rich will do his Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation. Can we just get a Hallelujah?! I mean seriously. Totally trusting God for a complete recovery ❤️ 

I am so grateful for my husband and his strong faith in God; knowing that is where he draws his strength from gives me such peace of mind because I know how powerful and mighty our God is. He has never failed us ❤️ Please send prayers that Rich continues to draw his strength from the Lord, that the Vasospasm’s continue to decrease and Rich has another great day tomorrow! 

Love to you all! 

Side note: While in the ICU waiting room I met a family, specifically a wife whose husband was struck in the head by a 35 pound beam that fell from 40 ft high in the air. Her husband, Pastor Gomez, has pneumonia in his lungs following his surgery two days ago. Please lift him up in prayer and ask for his healing too❤️”

She is going through one of the toughest times in her life, a time that she has the 100% right to be selfish and ask for thoughts and help...and what does she do? Ask us to pray for others.  Incredible.  I am absolutely floored by this type of compassion.