PSU Lineup official details

I’ll even give you my winners for this year

Nolf

Lee

Bo

Gable

Cenzo

Yianni

Those I’ll put my stamp on right now. The others have some great matchups and I’m not that good to give you every winner with supreme confidence but you can put these in the books

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

125 Teasdale and Teske

133 RBY

141 Nick Lee

149 Berge, Verkleeren

157 Nolf

165 Cenzo

174 Hall

184 Rasheed

197 Bo Nickal

Hwt Nick Nevills and Cassar

That line up is very salty, even the front 4 weights which some might think are relatively weaker.

That's an awesome lineup and there is no thinking that the front four weights are relatively weaker. They are. There's no two ways about it. They could certainly All American but thinking those four weights are not weaker than Nolf, Joseph, Hall and Nickal is being a bit of a homer. Talented-yes. Potential-yes Unproven in college-yes, Weaker than their Murderers Row-Beyond any doubt.

Not some big leap to pick them? I picked them to WIN not come top 4. You didn’t. You didn’t even want Spencer wrestling last year.

I pick based on reality and that reality just has been PSU. If a year comes that I see it differently I’ll say it.

At least you acknowledge you didn’t see anything from Zain. That’s the difference between you and I. I did see the talent.

Me picking winners and you picking losers is the running game for years

And by the way..just because you give detailed explanation of your choices doesn’t make the end result any different. You lost, you were wrong. Who cares of the explanation.

If Aaron Brooks doesn’t win next year, I’ll say I’m wrong. Very simple

Just so you know, I picked Lee to win as well.  That doesn't change the fact I didn't want him to wrestle.

I don't pick losers.  I have only picked the wrong team once in the last 10 years buddy.  I picked against PSU once during their run, picked tOSU when they won and Iowa all 3 years they won.

The last 3 years at least 8 of my 10 picks have made the finals.

Las year I picked:  Lee, Gross, Heil, Retherford, Nolf, IMar, Valencia, Nickal, Moore and Snyder.  Tell me you picked 197 correctly and I will call you a liar.

Here is a little challenge for you:  Pick Finalists for all 10 weights.  Pick the top 4 teams and margin of victory.  We can revisit it later and maybe make a 2nd one after Conferences.  Let's see how well we can project and then how well we paid attention at the end.

Here is mine:(We can come back and revise these once we know for sure  if and what weight guys like Fix, Steveson, Dhesi, etc. are going)

125:  Lee over Fix

133:  Gross over Micic

141:  Yianni over McKenna

149:  Ashnault over Lugo

157:  Nolf over Hidlay

165:  Joseph over Wick

174:  Valencia over Amine(I did this one just for you!)

184:  Martin over Parker

197:  Nickal over Moore

285:  Dhesi over Stoll

1. PSU by 12

2. Iowa

3. OkState

4. tOSU

Just so you know, I picked Lee to win as well. That doesn't change the fact I didn't want him to wrestle.

I don't pick losers. I have only picked the wrong team once in the last 10 years buddy. I picked against PSU once during their run, picked tOSU when they won and Iowa all 3 years they won.

Las year I picked: Lee, Gross, Heil, Retherford, Nolf, IMar, Valencia, Nickal, Moore and Snyder. Tell me you picked 197 correctly and I will call you a liar.

Here is a little challenge for you: Pick Finalists for all 10 weights. Pick the top 4 teams and margin of victory. We can revisit it later and maybe make a 2nd one after Conferences. Let's see how well we can project and then how well we paid attention at the end.

Here is mine:(We can come back and revise these once we know for sure if and what weight guys like Fix, Steveson, Dhesi, etc. are going)

125: Lee over Fix

133: Gross over Micic

141: Yianni over McKenna

149: Ashnault over Lugo

157: Nolf over Hidlay

165: Joseph over Wick

174: Valencia over Amine(I did this one just for you!)

184: Martin over Parker

197: Nickal over Moore

285: Dhesi over Stoll

1. PSU by 12

2. Iowa

3. OkState

4. tOSU

MSU, can you start a thread for this? I want to play, but don’t want to do it here.

The worst part is Iowa/PSU don’t wrestle this year so we’ll have to wait till B1Gs to crush Iowa dreams.

Mark it down..RBY handles Desanto, Berge handles Lugo, Warner will be lucky to not get pinned in the first.

If they did make the dual happen, I’ll give Iowa a win with Lee. After that nothing

But, but, but ... I just read on Hawkeye Report how Warner is going to stick Bo Nickal. No joke. 

The dual won’t happen so it don’t matter. That being said. Once B1Gs come. We can come back to this thread.

I’m not looking to get into % for each weight. Obviously injuries could derail everything and that goes for both teams.

But to play along. Even a healthy Stoll is an underdog to Nevills. He was 0-2 vs. a healthy Nevills. Nevills messes his shoulder up at NCAAs. We’ll be lucky to even see this matchup. But I’ll take Nevills or Cassar over a surgically repaired shot gunned Stoll every time.

The only tossups are DeSanto and Lugo and I’ll take PSU in both. They are tossups now since we haven’t seen RBY/Berge in lineups yet. I’ve seen all 4 wrestle plenty. That’s what I’m basing it off. RBY is a much better wrestler than DeSanto and Lugo/Berge have similar styles and Lugo is the lesser version

of course this is my opinion and I’ve been right much more than wrong over the years unlike some people posting here (hint MSU)

The point of the math is to explain how unlikely your prediction is in this case.

If you give me your %s, we can determine how likely your picks are to occur, rather than my %s. I tried to do my best guess of your %s. Please correct me where I’m wrong.

But, but, but ... I just read on Hawkeye Report how Warner is going to stick Bo Nickal. No joke. 

Make sure to clarify that it was NOT me.  I am very high on Jake, but would not pick him over Bo even if he were to win like Marinelli did over Joseph.

Just so you know, I picked Lee to win as well. That doesn't change the fact I didn't want him to wrestle.

I don't pick losers. I have only picked the wrong team once in the last 10 years buddy. I picked against PSU once during their run, picked tOSU when they won and Iowa all 3 years they won.

Las year I picked: Lee, Gross, Heil, Retherford, Nolf, IMar, Valencia, Nickal, Moore and Snyder. Tell me you picked 197 correctly and I will call you a liar.

Here is a little challenge for you: Pick Finalists for all 10 weights. Pick the top 4 teams and margin of victory. We can revisit it later and maybe make a 2nd one after Conferences. Let's see how well we can project and then how well we paid attention at the end.

Here is mineWe can come back and revise these once we know for sure if and what weight guys like Fix, Steveson, Dhesi, etc. are going)

125: Lee over Fix

133: Gross over Micic

141: Yianni over McKenna

149: Ashnault over Lugo

157: Nolf over Hidlay

165: Joseph over Wick

174: Valencia over Amine(I did this one just for you!)

184: Martin over Parker

197: Nickal over Moore

285: Dhesi over Stoll

1. PSU by 12

2. Iowa

3. OkState

4. tOSU

The past 5 yrs is since I’ve known you and every year you have a detailed breakdown of how every team other than PSU will win. So you’re talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Saying PSU will “probably win” but giving 50 reasons how other teams can overthrow them all those years is your way of trying to be right. If PSU wins, you can say you picked them. If they lost you’d be like a little kid in a candy shop saying you called it. Fortunately you’re always wrong so I have t had to experience that.

As far as your game. We played this once before, your rules. Remember the outcome?

Edited by pish6969

You think Iowa only wins 1 match vs PSU?

You are that confident in RBY over DeSanto? Lee over Muron? Berge/Verk over Lugo? Rasheed over Wilcke? And Nevills over stoll?

Let’s run the numbers. For all of that to happen:

RBy over DeSanto: at best, 60%? I peg it at 30%, but for your sake I’ll say 60%

Lee over Muron: 75%

Berge/Verk over Lugo: 60%

Rasheed over Wilcke: 75%

Nevills over Stoll: 40%

That gives you an 8% chance of this happening

Now add in:

Nolf over Young: 98%

Cenzo over Marinelli: 75%

Hall over Kemerer: 85%

Nickal over Warner 85%

Now you are at 4%

Seems pretty unlikely Iowa only wins one match against PSU. Where would you adjust the percentages?

Someone would need to shoot Nolf in the kneecap for Young to have a 2% chance of beating him, and even then Nolf probably wins by TF or major. Did you watch last year's NCAA Tourney? OK, that question was sarcasm so don't get mad at me.

Edited by TBar1977

Not some big leap to pick them? I picked them to WIN not come top 4. You didn’t. You didn’t even want Spencer wrestling last year.

I pick based on reality and that reality just has been PSU. If a year comes that I see it differently I’ll say it.

At least you acknowledge you didn’t see anything from Zain. That’s the difference between you and I. I did see the talent.

Me picking winners and you picking losers is the running game for years

And by the way..just because you give detailed explanation of your choices doesn’t make the end result any different. You lost, you were wrong. Who cares of the explanation.

If Aaron Brooks doesn’t win next year, I’ll say I’m wrong. Very simple

Patting yourself on the back for picking a dominant team who only lost once in the last almost decade is silly

What’s next? You pick the Yankees sometimes? And Alabama? Good work

The fact that the PSU crowd continues to get viscerally offended when anyone presents a scenario in which some team might be able to beat them is stunning.  

Why does PSU fans talking their book (like every other fanbase) bother you sooooo much? Lighten up, Francis. 

The past 5 yrs is since I’ve known you and every year you have a detailed breakdown of how every team other than PSU will win. So you’re talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Saying PSU will “probably win” but giving 50 reasons how other teams can overthrow them all those years is your way of trying to be right. If PSU wins, you can say you picked them. If they lost you’d be like a little kid in a candy shop saying you called it. Fortunately you’re always wrong so I have t had to experience that.

As far as your game. We played this once, your rules. Remember the outcome?

Again, misremembering.  Showing how other teams can challenge PSU is NOT saying they WILL beat them.  I make a point to firmly pick a team each year before NCAA's.  Feel free to go back and look.  I leave myself ZERO chance to cherry pick(unlike many PSU guys like Tigsy that admits he would rather cherry pick).

A little hint, I ENJOY doing those scenarios because guys like you come on here with you underwear riding high.

It wasn't quite this format and yes you did win.  But, do you actually remember how close it was????

Patting yourself on the back for picking a dominant team who only lost once in the last almost decade is silly

What’s next? You pick the Yankees sometimes? And Alabama? Good work

People are making predictions. I’ve been right MSU and others have been wrong. That’s all.

If PSU is the pick it’s the pick. Not patting myself on the back. Just chiming in the discussion.

When I see Another team that’s better I’ll call it. Until then I’m not going to play mind games with myself and try to come up with outcomes that’s not going to come true just so I can say “look at my detailed explanations”

You have a tad bit of misremembering.  

OkState was a preseason favorite and I explained why.  Only 1 year did I actually predict OkState to win and even that was only because you guys were so relentless that I WANTED them to win more so than actually believing they would.  Sort of like my Klimara thing.  You guys pushed so hard that year that I decided to stick my feet in the sand on principle.

As far as Retherford goes, I agree.  I didn't see anything to lead me to believe he could jump up a weight and dominate the way he did.  Go back and look at his match scores at 141 and 149.  The guy made a monumental leap.

Picking Hall, Yianni and Lee wasn't some big leap.  Most of us had them firmly top 4 and Lee stepped it up 2 more notches once the brace came off.

Plus, it isn't rocket science to consistently pick your favorite team when they just so happen to be the clear best team of this decade.............

Zain didn't have to make much of a leap. He was just better than the guys at 149. Better on top by FAR. He dominated Henderson in free during his off year too and beat some Sr level guys too if I recall, so that was a small indicator there as well. 

Edited by TBar1977

Again, misremembering. Showing how other teams can challenge PSU is NOT saying they WILL beat them. I make a point to firmly pick a team each year before NCAA's. Feel free to go back and look. I leave myself ZERO chance to cherry pick(unlike many PSU guys like Tigsy that admits he would rather cherry pick).

A little hint, I ENJOY doing those scenarios because guys like you come on here with you underwear riding high.

It wasn't quite this format and yes you did win. But, do you actually remember how close it was????

This is where we have the disconnect. I’m talking about predictions PRIOR to the season starting NOT right before NCAAs. That’s where you are wrong way more than you’re right.

Christ, it’s a lot easier to make picks once you’ve seen everything play out all year.

Maybe it’s my fault. I didn’t specify. Your PRESEASON picks are garbage. By the time NCAAs come around you have no choice but to change your tune. But then even sometimes you can’t help yourself because you’re too emotional (Kilmara, Okie State)

That's an awesome lineup and there is no thinking that the front four weights are relatively weaker. They are. There's no two ways about it. They could certainly All American but thinking those four weights are not weaker than Nolf, Joseph, Hall and Nickal is being a bit of a homer. Talented-yes. Potential-yes Unproven in college-yes, Weaker than their Murderers Row-Beyond any doubt.

Never claimed the front four to be as good as the back 6, just saying they are still very good. Context is important here. 

This is where we have the disconnect. I’m talking about predictions PRIOR to the season starting NOT right before NCAAs. That’s where you are wrong way more than you’re right.

Christ, it’s a lot easier to make picks once you’ve seen everything play out all year.

Maybe it’s my fault. I didn’t specify. Your PRESEASON picks are garbage. By the time NCAAs come around you have no choice but to change your tune. But then even sometimes you can’t help yourself because you’re too emotional (Kilmara, Okie State)

Again, most weren't picks, they were possible outcomes.  Giant difference.  I rarely pick much pre-season because way too many things can change.  And I don't like picking freshman until they get some seasoning.  Even then, some guys come out gangbuster like Max Askren, Coon and Alton to not even end up on the podium.

Now, in the other thread, we can see how straightforward pre-season picks go and how they change by Conferences.

Again, most weren't picks, they were possible outcomes. .

OMG. You love playing with words.

I make picks preseason. Those are my picks and I stand by them right or wrong.

“Possible outcomes?” You leave yourself more outs than anyone I know

pish, you gotta understand that MSU picking PSU but then spending all season explaining how Ohio State "could" win gives him both teams. In other words, he can't be wrong. This year he can ride Iowa all year while having his official PSU pick in his back pocket. Fence sitting at its finest. 

Btw, you are spot on how he stated Spencer Lee should redshirt and even chastised some for suggesting otherwise. Even at the height of the whole "Free the Lee" mania. 

Free the Lee 1

MSU 0

Edited by TBar1977

pish, you gotta understand that MSU picking PSU but then spending all season explaining how Ohio State "could" win gives him both teams. In other words, he can't be wrong. This year he can ride Iowa all year while having his official PSU pick in his back pocket. Fence sitting at its finest. 

Btw, you are spot on how he stated Spencer Lee should redshirt and even chastised some for suggesting otherwise. Even at the height of the whole "Free the Lee" mania. 

Free the Lee 1

MSU 0

Be clear at least.  I didn't say it was a bad thing just for Lee.  I thought it was bad for Iowa.  Taking 3rd instead of 5th(they would have still taken 5th easily) was not worth using up a year of Lee, in my opinion.  That opinion has not changed, and I have a hard time seeing anyone proving that wrong!