Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Pre-Season Prediction Challenge

Here is a little challenge for you:  Pick Finalists for all 10 weights.  Pick the top 4 teams and margin of victory.  We can revisit it later and maybe make a 2nd one after Conferences.  Let's see how well we can project and then how well we paid attention at the end.

Here is mine:(We can come back and revise these once we know for sure  if and what weight guys like Fix, Steveson, Dhesi, etc. are going)

125:  Lee over Fix

133:  Gross over Micic

141:  Yianni over McKenna

149:  Ashnault over Lugo

157:  Nolf over Hidlay

165:  Joseph over Wick

174:  Valencia over Amine(I did this one just for you!)

184:  Martin over Parker

197:  Nickal over Moore

285:  Dhesi over Stoll

1. PSU by 12

2. Iowa

3. OkState

4. tOSU

I’ll wait till the actual weights are announced. It will be prior to any matches. So remind me

Amine? I figured you’d say Kem Dog. That would have made me laugh

Lugo??? LOL. Now that made me spit out my coffee.

I hope you’re right with Ashnault though. Would love to see him get it done

I hate to say this. And I’m sure you’ll change them but your picks are horrible. Take them down please. We should do this one time. Set a date right before first match. This way I don’t have to see this ridiculousness till then.

Edit..and No I’m not telling you the picks that are garbage picks so don’t ask so you can change them later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pish6969

I’ll wait till the actual weights are announced. It will be prior to any matches. So remind me

Amine? I figured you’d say Kem Dog. That would have made me laugh

Lugo??? LOL. Now that made me spit out my coffee.

I hope you’re right with Ashnault though. Would love to see him get it done

I hate to say this. And I’m sure you’ll change them but your picks are horrible. Take them down please. We should do this one time. Set a date right before first match. This way I don’t have to see this ridiculousness till then.

Edit..and No I’m not telling you the picks that are garbage picks so don’t ask so you can change them later.

Come on, do it now so we have them and you can then make revisions.  This way you can't pin me to this without pinning yourself.  Be a man.  You call me out for mine, do yours...........

So, we come back mid November and make any changes IF, and only IF, weight changes or freshmen not redshirting effect them(injuries as well).

Edited by MSU158

Come on, do it now so we have them and you can then make revisions. This way you can't pin me to this without pinning yourself. Be a man. You call me out for mine, do yours...........

So, we come back mid November and make any changes IF, and only IF, weight changes or freshmen not redshirting effect them(injuries as well).

I am not doing them now. I don’t want to be influenced by dopey picks and I don’t want to give you all the right picks so you can copy.

What the heck is the sense doing it now so you can change it 100x.

Set a date/deadline and then close it

Here is a little challenge for you:  Pick Finalists for all 10 weights.  Pick the top 4 teams and margin of victory.  We can revisit it later and maybe make a 2nd one after Conferences.  Let's see how well we can project and then how well we paid attention at the end.

Here is mine:(We can come back and revise these once we know for sure  if and what weight guys like Fix, Steveson, Dhesi, etc. are going)

133:  Gross over Micic

141:  Yianni over McKenna

149:  Ashnault over Lugo

165:  Joseph over Wick

174:  Valencia over Amine(I did this one just for you!)

184:  Martin over Parker

285:  Dhesi over Stoll

1. PSU by 12

2. Iowa

3. OkState

4. tOSU

Just quoting for posterity that this is the original un edited MSU prediction post. 

Pretty early... might have to shuffle a couple because of weight classes. 

133:  Gross over Suriano

141:  Yianni over Eierman

149:  McKenna over Kolodzik

165:  Joseph over Marstellar

174:  Valencia over Hall

184:  Martin over Reenan

285:  Steveson over Dhesi

1. PSU by 20

2. Iowa

3. tOSU

4. OkState

Just quoting for posterity that this is the original un edited MSU prediction post.

Good idea. Now he can’t change it. That’s what I’m talking about. You know how MSU is. He’ll change it every day.

This is a good idea. Make your pick and then quote it so it cannot be edited. Do it prior anytime prior to opening day but once you’re in you’re locked in.

Why would he make picks before knowing weight classes and injury status going into season? Stoll just got SHOT. (That’s a hint to one of MSU garbage picks). Watch how quickly he takes Stoll out now.

Dammit! I didn’t want to help him but I just did

Edited by pish6969

As if that is necessary? I have OWNED everything I have done on here and call myself out whenever I am wrong.

It is necessary. I will only partake if it’s a one time shot. Make your pick and stick by it

I am not doing them now. I don’t want to be influenced by dopey picks and I don’t want to give you all the right picks so you can copy.

What the heck is the sense doing it now so you can change it 100x.

Set a date/deadline and then close it

Copy?  LMAO.  I put a specific caveat in that changes can only be made if specific weight changes, freshmen wrestling or significant injuries occur and put Mid-November in as the time deadline.  Trust me, I want ZERO part in copying a PSU slappy.............

As if that is necessary?  I have OWNED everything I have done on here and call myself out whenever I am wrong.

Can you link the post where you acknowledged being wrong on red shirting Lee and further acknowledged being wrong when you claimed anyone who thought pulling Lee's shirt was a good idea doesn't know wrestling (or something like that)??

Copy? LMAO. I put a specific caveat in that changes can only be made if specific weight changes, freshmen wrestling or significant injuries occur and put Mid-November in as the time deadline. Trust me, I want ZERO part in copying a PSU slappy.............

I know what your caveat is. I’m not playing that way. One set of picks prior to opening day (weights should be known by then and injury statuses should be known by then). Mid November is too late. You would have already seen matches. Do you understand what preseason means?

Copy?  LMAO.  I put a specific caveat in that changes can only be made if specific weight changes, freshmen wrestling or significant injuries occur and put Mid-November in as the time deadline.  Trust me, I want ZERO part in copying a PSU slappy.............

I actually agree you should be able to change your individual wrestler picks under certain conditions. I support you on that. Your team prediction should stay, but others should acknowledge that if certain injuries occur that will change things. 

It is necessary. I will only partake if it’s a one time shot. Make your pick and stick by it

For clarity, the only picks I would possibly change is Fix(obviously if he doesn't go 133), Micic(if Fix goes 133), McKenna(if he goes 149)  Lugo(bumped down to third if McKenna goes 149).  Valencia if he goes 184, putting Hall into 174.  Valencia over Martin if he goes 184.  Finally, Dhesi over Steveson, bumping Stoll to 3rd.

Only other change is if someone listed take a serious injury before Mid-November.

So SAVE THIS ONE TOO!

I actually agree you should be able to change your individual wrestler picks under certain conditions. I support you on that. Your team prediction should stay, but others should acknowledge that if certain injuries occur that will change things.

I don’t agree. Make the picks. If a guy gets hurt, so be it. No ones going to crucify someone’s picks if the guy couldnt wrestle.

Now if you know a guy has had at least 2 surgeries on his knees and just got shot and you pick him in the finals. I don’t know what to tell that person

Edited by pish6969

Can you link the post where you acknowledged being wrong on red shirting Lee and further acknowledged being wrong when you claimed anyone who thought pulling Lee's shirt was a good idea doesn't know wrestling (or something like that)??

I still don't think wrestling Lee was the right idea for Iowa.  It was for Lee, though.  Iowa taking 3rd instead of a clear 5th wasn't worth it to me.  I would rather see them have Lee for 4 more years and winning multiple team championships with 4 years of Lee and Warner.

I still don't think wrestling Lee was the right idea for Iowa. It was for Lee, though. Iowa taking 3rd instead of a clear 5th wasn't worth it to me. I would rather see them have Lee for 4 more years and winning multiple team championships with 4 years of Lee and Warner.

Thankfully for Iowa fans you’re not the coach

125 Lee over Fix

133 Gross over Lizak (7 seed)

141 Yianni over Eierman

149 Leeth over Thomsen

157 Nolf over Hidlay

165 Joseph over McFadden

174 Valencia over Hall

184 Martin over Venz

197 Nickal over Miklus

285 Steveson over Dhesi

1 Penn State by 30

2 Iowa

3 Ohio State

4 Oklahoma State

Thankfully for Iowa fans you’re not the coach

Honestly, I think the more accurate comment is, "Thankfully for PSU fans, I am not Iowa's coach!"  You can put me down for this,  Iowa wins at least 1 team championship over the next 3 years and I would absolutely say 2 if Lee had 4 more years.  PSU benefited from Lee wrestling last year more than Iowa did!

Finally, Dhesi over Steveson, bumping Stoll to third!

This is why I’m not playing. A few posts above I told you Stoll was a garbage pick. Within minutes all of a sudden you’re thinking of changing your pick?

And you say you don’t copy. No you wait for me to give you info and then switch.

Done with this game.

In what world would you have a 2 surgery, gun shot Stoll in finals over Gable Stevenson?

And only because I told you it was garbage, you go and change it

Where’s TBAR when I need him. I don’t know how to do the multiple quote thing. TBAr? Can you do the multiple quote thing where I told MSU Stoll was garbage pick and I even said “watch he’ll go change it” and then quote MSU saying he will switch to Dhesi over Gable. I would also like to know the elapsed time. Thanks in advance

Edited by pish6969

I still don't think wrestling Lee was the right idea for Iowa.  It was for Lee, though.  Iowa taking 3rd instead of a clear 5th wasn't worth it to me.  I would rather see them have Lee for 4 more years and winning multiple team championships with 4 years of Lee and Warner.

See, you should just admit you are wrong here. Lee not only won the NCAA Title at 125, he basically single handed revived their recruiting. You can do it, MSU. I have faith in you right here and right now. You can do this. Just type out the words ... "I was wrong on that one". Ha ha. 

This is why I’m not playing. A few posts above I told you Stoll was a garbage pick. Within minutes all of a sudden you’re thinking of changing your pick?

And you say you don’t copy. No you wait for me to give you info and then switch.

Done with this game.

In what world would you have a 2 surgery, gun shot Stoll in finals over Gable Stevenson?

And only because I told you it was garbage, you go and change it

Where’s TBAR when I need him. I don’t know how to do the multiple quote thing. TBAr? Can you do the multiple quote thing where I told MSU Stoll was garbage pick and I even said “watch he’ll go change it” and then quote MSU saying he will switch to Dhesi over Gable. I would also like to know the elapsed time. Thanks in advance

pish, I'm right here, and I support this post. If MSU suddenly drops Stoll (which he clearly should since Stoll will get injured one way or the other and he isn't that great to begin with) in favor of someone else then that is a switch for non legit reasons. 

Well, after much thought and careful analysis, here is my stab at it:

125: Penn State

133: Penn State

141: Penn State

149: Penn State

157: Penn State

165: Penn State

174: Penn State

184: Penn State

197: Penn State

285: Penn State

1. Penn State