Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Pre-Season Prediction Challenge

Phish and Tbar sure ruined this thread quick.

Really? Go read something else then. If it weren’t for MSU and I on the other thread this thread wouldn’t have gotten started.

Or would you rather read nothing since it’s been pretty dead in here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, after much thought and careful analysis, here is my stab at it:

125: Penn State

133: Penn State

141: Penn State

149: Penn State

157: Penn State

165: Penn State

174: Penn State

184: Penn State

197: Penn State

285: Penn State

1. Penn State

2. Penn State

3. Penn State

4. Penn State

I can’t pick Teasdale over Lee, but I’m fine with the rest

Really? Go read something else then. If it weren’t for MSU and I on the other thread this thread wouldn’t have gotten started.

Or would you rather read nothing since it’s been pretty dead in here

He only wants to read Iowa stuff. 

This is why I’m not playing. A few posts above I told you Stoll was a garbage pick. Within minutes all of a sudden you’re thinking of changing your pick?

And you say you don’t copy. No you wait for me to give you info and then switch.

Done with this game.

In what world would you have a 2 surgery, gun shot Stoll in finals over Gable Stevenson?

And only because I told you it was garbage, you go and change it

Where’s TBAR when I need him. I don’t know how to do the multiple quote thing. TBAr? Can you do the multiple quote thing where I told MSU Stoll was garbage pick and I even said “watch he’ll go change it” and then quote MSU saying he will switch to Dhesi over Gable. I would also like to know the elapsed time. Thanks in advance

Seriously?  Some times you come off as truly dense.  I said some of my picks were made not knowing if a true freshman was wrestling or if some guys may be changing weights.  That is why I made sure to point out only bumping my picks down 1 spot.

My original 285 pick is based on Steveson shirting.  That should be fricking common sense.  If he doesn't shirt, I would pick him to make the Finals.  Sheesh.................

Edited to add:  Go back and look at my very first unedited post.  Notice you will clearly see Steveson in the parenthesis regarding what moves may impact my decisions.  Just please READ before you call me out on something.  BELIEVE ME, you don't influence my picks in the least. Well maybe I would pick someone just to go against you like Amine, but that is the OPPOSITE of what you called me out for..............

Edited by MSU158

What I "think":

125:  Lee over Fix

133:  Gross over Micic

141:  Yianni over McKenna

149:  Ashnault over Hayes

157:  Nolf over Hidlay

165:  Joseph over Marinelli

174:  Valencia over Hall

184:  Martin over Reenan

197:  Nickal over Moore

285:  Steveson over Dhesi

1. PSU by 16

2. Iowa

3. OkState

4. tOSU

What I hope for:

125:  Lee over Rivera

133:  Fix over Gross

141:  McKenna over Yianni

149:  Hayes over Ashnault

157:  Nolf over Hidlay

165:  Joseph over Marinelli

174:  Hall over Valencia

184:  Martin over Reenan

197:  Moore over Nickal

285:  Steveson over Dhesi

1. PSU by 4

2. tOSU

3. Iowa

4. OkState

You should make picks right now if you are calling out MSU. He can quote and then we can compare after the season.

But, they don't like to do that.  It is much easier to cherry pick my mistakes than make their own.............especially when I often due it for a multitude of teams/individuals.

Edited by MSU158

You should make picks right now if you are calling out MSU. He can quote and then we can compare after the season.

Honestly, I don't make a lot of predictions. One, it is almost futile because of how many things have to go right for any wrestler to win or become a finalist. Two, I am not trying to prove I am better than the next msg. board poster at picking guys.

The one pick I do make each year is the team champion. My pick isn't based on any superior skill at picking the correct team, it is based mainly on a single over riding principal. The school with the best combination of coaching and pure talent should win. So far that system has not let me down.

I chide MSU because he is so sure of himself and despite his assertion to "always admitting when wrong", I find this to not necessarily be the case.

Lol. You just can't handle any positive PSU talk, WildTurkey44. Your whining ruin things when you show up at the PSU boards, and no different here. Wah, wah, wah. 

I must have missed the positive PSU talk someone was bothered by in this thread.  All I see is pot shots because 2 guys thought a prediction thread got made under the wrong username.  

I must have missed the positive PSU talk someone was bothered by in this thread. All I see is pot shots because 2 guys thought a prediction thread got made under the wrong username.

Do you know WildTurkey's history? The guy can't handle PSU's success and constantly attacks PSU posters. He does so on multiple message boards. You may not understand his basis for making the post, but I do.

His post in this thread added what? Nothing, that's what.

Edited by TBar1977

Honestly, I don't make a lot of predictions. One, it is almost futile because of how many things have to go right for any wrestler to win or become a finalist. Two, I am not trying to prove I am better than the next msg. board poster at picking guys.

The one pick I do make each year is the team champion. My pick isn't based on any superior skill at picking the correct team, it is based mainly on a single over riding principal. The school with the best combination of coaching and pure talent should win. So far that system has not let me down.

I chide MSU because he is so sure of himself and despite his assertion to "always admitting when wrong", I find this to not necessarily be the case.

You cannot call out someone’s picks if you aren’t willing to make any. That’s ridiculous. At least he is putting his picks out there.

125 - Lee over Fix

133 - Gross over Suriano

141 - Yianni over McKenna

149 - Kolodzik over O'Conner

157 - Nolf over Deakin

165 - Massa over Marstellar

174 - Hall over Kutler

184 Zahid over Martin

197 Bo over Darmstadt

Hvwt - Steveson over Dhesi

PSU by 12

OSU edges

Iowa by 8

Ohio State 

Do you know WildTurkey's history? The guy can't handle PSU's success and constantly attacks PSU posters. He does so on multiple message boards. You may not understand his basis for making the post, but I do.

His post in this thread added what? Nothing, that's what.

Thanks for letting me know why he's terrible.  

It still doesn't change the fact that you never made a single pro-PSU post in this thread.  You came on here to cause trouble then cried wolf about people not handling PSU positivity.  You tell him his whining ruins PSU boards while your whining is currently ruining this board.  What you recognize in him you are incapable of recognizing in yourself. 

You guys are the same fan in different colored t-shirts.

You cannot call out someone’s picks if you aren’t willing to make any. That’s ridiculous. At least he is putting his picks out there.

I disagree with your pov. I believe a person can acknowledge how arbitrary the success or failure of making picks is and, at the same time, make comment on how another person frames their arguments.

I am not actually critical of MSU's actual picks. I am critical of how he frames the debate surrounding his penchant for playing all sides.

Thanks for letting me know why he's terrible.

It still doesn't change the fact that you never made a single pro-PSU post in this thread. You came on here to cause trouble then cried wolf about people not handling PSU positivity. You tell him his whining ruins PSU boards while your whining is currently ruining this board. What you recognize in him you are incapable of recognizing in yourself.

You guys are the same fan in different colored t-shirts.

I did not arrive in this thread to cause trouble. I simply disagreed with MSU.

Wild Turkey did come to this thread to stifle the PSU perspective. He does this all the time, both here and on bwi.

My god man. My post had nothing to do with Penn State. You are way off base yet again

Sure it did. You targeted 2 PSU fans here just as you lash out on bwi. You can't possibly say your posting habits whete you continuously find fault with PSU fans and nobody else has nothing to do with PSU.

I guess another thread was needed for the same people to continue the same thin skinned argument about each other’s predictions. This is awesome!!

Sorry, but I was literally asked by someone to make this thread for predictions only.  I apologize if the argument spilled over here.  Have a great Holiday weekend!