Sign in to follow this  
headshuck

Taylor vs Nolf vs Joseph vs Ruth vs Retherford

Pound-for-Pound, I think Ed Ruth his RS Sophomore year at 174 was the best PSU wrestler of all time. He consistently destroyed very good wrestlers in a manner that resembled a cat playing with a mouse. Still remember him giving his post championships match interview and he wasn't even winded, talked like he just got done with some light drilling.

Zain his Junior year was a close second. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Pound-for-Pound, I think Ed Ruth his RS Sophomore year at 174 was the best PSU wrestler of all time. He consistently destroyed very good wrestlers in a manner that resembled a cat playing with a mouse. Still remember him giving his post championships match interview and he wasn't even winded, talked like he just got done with some light drilling.

Zain his Junior year was a close second. 

This is interesting.  Zain was such a monster as a junior, but the weight class wasn't as good as Ruth's.  I think Ruth gets a little short shrift in talks about Penn State because David Taylor is the bigger name and they were exact contemporaries, so Ruth was always a bit in Taylor's shado, but I think Ruth was as good in college, maye better against better competition.

I think I would rank the wrestlers, at their peaks, like this:

1.  Ed Ruth, sophomore

2.  Zain Retherford, junior

3.  David Taylor, senior

4.  Jason Nolf, sophomore

5.  Vincenzo Joseph, sophomore

Junior Nickal has an argument to be right there with Taylor.

Mr. Taylor is on track for 2020...Mr. Ruth is doing fine with MMA...Mr. Retherford same as Mr. Taylor...Mr. Nolf and Mr. Joseph have some NCAA business to complete but will be a factor for 2020 as well...You can add in Mr. Nickal and Mr. Hall...Happy Labor Day folks!!!

P.S. The PSU "Train"!!!

Mr. Taylor is on track for 2020...Mr. Ruth is doing fine with MMA...Mr. Retherford same as Mr. Taylor...Mr. Nolf and Mr. Joseph have some NCAA business to complete but will be a factor for 2020 as well...You can add in Mr. Nickal and Mr. Hall...Happy Labor Day folks!!!

P.S. The PSU "Train"!!!

what does this post mean?