Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

Off Topic: opening day for college football

Watched PSU almost get beat by App St., then watched ND UMich. Didn't UMich go to France? They need better players. Probably need a better coach too.

PSU looked like hot, stinky garbage. Gonna be a rough time for the Nittany Lions this year on the gridiron.

Gotta figure Harbaugh is gone once his bloated contract is completed. UM isn't paying him $5 million a year to lose every time he played a ranked opponent.

Edited by TobusRex

Penn State's football staff is in a state of flux. The offensive co ordinator from the past few years is now the head coach at Miss. St., so the new guy has some work to do. The WR coach left for Alabama and I think that loss was evident in some spotty blocking on the edge last night. Finally, their d coordinator is so good they have appointed a Co d coordinator.

Edited by TBar1977

First games reveal a lot. Easy wins don’t help. Rutgers looks better. Alabama, and Ohio State look awesome. We will soon find out how good the PSU coaches are. Texas has problems.

While Ohio State offense is looking good, Defense is bit questionable- they gave up big plays three times. Could be due to inexperienced new players going out of position.

They will not play like that on October 7th.  OU impressed.  I thought FAU on a 10 game winning streak and a lot of returners back would keep that game interesting.  Their Offensive line made OU's front 7 look vastly improved, but we shall see.

Edited by Peso

They have an even bigger problem called Tom Herman. I can't believe they hired that unproven clown in the first place.

The guy won huge at a level just below UT.  Heck, he took a team with none of UT's advantages and produced wins that would make UT happy.  Before that he was an extremely successful assistant at the highest level.  And he spent 20 years recruiting the state and immediately started winning recruiting battles UT hasn't won in a decade.  That's as proven as any candidate was going to be.

He may be fired by the end of the year, but he was the absolute best hire UT could have realistically made at the time.  

They will not play like that on October 7th.  OU impressed.  I thought FAU on a 10 game winning streak and a lot of returners back would keep that game interesting.  Their Offensive line made OU's front 7 look vastly improved, but we shall see.

Records mean nothing when OU/Texas play, for sure. Texas looks as stinky as last year. OU looked pretty sharp, but gotta take into account the opponent. I also thought FAU would give OU a sterner test than that. I expected OU to win something like 63-42, 56-35, something like that...fully expecting Mike Stoops defense to suck (as usual).

Edited by TobusRex

Just checked your Twitter feed. Never saw a hardcore ODU football fan before :D

You wouldn't have before 2009. This is the 10th year the school has had a football program as a four-year institution. It had one back in the 1940's when the school was a junior college and known as the Norfolk Division of the College of William & Mary. They've been FBS for the past few years, had a bowl win two years ago (against Eastern Michigan of all horrible programs) and have a few players in the NFL. Four made rosters this year. There is very little history, there's a lot of angry hardcore fans right now.