Sign in to follow this  
Coach_J

RIP, Frankie Boy

My old teammates have informed me that 3x World Champion Frank Andersson has passed on.  He was the Bad Boy of wrestling in his era, known for spectacular throws, heavy partying, womanizing all over the planet.  Just after a meet, he could be found in a disco, holding a beer, smoking a cigarette, three or four women on his arms.  It wasn't uncommon back in the day for him to show up at a local meet for weigh-ins wearing leather pants, a boom box on his shoulder, reeking of booze, that movie star smile on his face.  He drove the Swedish national coaches crazy, but he was one of those guys you couldn't help but like no matter how much you tried to hate him.  RIP, champ.   https://www.expressen.se/noje/frank-andersson-ar-dod/

Edited by Coach_J

My old teammates have informed me that 3x World Champion Frank Andersson has passed on. He was the Bad Boy of wrestling in his era, known for spectacular throws, heavy partying, womanizing all over the planet. Just after a meet, he could be found in a disco, holding a beer, smoking a cigarette, three or four women on his arms. It wasn't uncommon back in the day for him to show up at a local meet for weigh-ins wearing leather pants, a boom box on his shoulder, reeking of booze, that movie star smile on his face. He drove the Swedish national coaches crazy, but he was one of those guys you couldn't help but like no matter how much you tried to hate him. RIP, champ. https://www.expressen.se/noje/frank-andersson-ar-dod/

It sounds like he and Rick Sanders were cut from the same cloth.

Did they ever "train" together?

May they both rest in peace.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by cjc007

Whenever we would sit in the sauna,  I would always ask Coach Frasier to talk about Frank Anderrson.  He basically had the same feelings as Coach_J.  I always knew if coach Frasier respected someone as a competitor, they must have been pretty damn tough.  Hearing how Frasier prepared for the Olympics and knew he had to stop Franks lift to be the champion was always inspiring to me.  Frank was a fun guy to watch wrestle.  RIP

As I have said before, you always have the best stories!

Do you speak Swedish?  I know one word in Swedish and there is a good story behind it!

Jag visst, jag kan talar en lite Svensk.  I can speak enough Swedish to order a beer and get myself thrown out of respectable establishments!

And you can't tell us about your one word of Swedish and not tell us the story behind it!

Jag visst, jag kan talar en lite Svensk.  I can speak enough Swedish to order a beer and get myself thrown out of respectable establishments!

And you can't tell us about your one word of Swedish and not tell us the story behind it!

As I think about it, the story is not that interesting! :), but since I started it, I will tell it any way.

I had a school mate in grammar school who went to Sweden for High School.  I moved to the US around the same time.  In his 20s, he moved to the US, and by now was fluent in Swedish.  His license plate used to read "BAKFUL".  That means "Hung Over" in Swedish.

We used to go to bars and night clubs in California on weekends.  Almost every weekend, we met one or two Swedish girls because of that license plate!  I owe some of my most fun memories in my 20s to that license plate!

As I think about it, the story is not that interesting! :), but since I started it, I will tell it any way.

I had a school mate in grammar school who went to Sweden for High School.  I moved to the US around the same time.  In his 20s, he moved to the US, and by now was fluent in Swedish.  His license plate used to read "BAKFUL".  That means "Hung Over" in Swedish.

We used to go to bars and night clubs in California on weekends.  Almost every weekend, we met one or two Swedish girls because of that license plate!  I owe some of my most fun memories in my 20s to that license plate!

I think it appropriate today that we all thank God above for giving the world Swedish girls!