Real nice job by Imar winning the bronze match 11-2 over the Russian. Imar looked great that match.

Yeah he looked great

He is coming into his own now. Problem is, there are too many hammers at 74kg. In 2020, you’ll have Burroughs, Dake, maybe Zahid, maybe Hall, Nolf, Cenzo, maybe James Green, etc all vying for the spot

IMar may not even be top 3 in that group.

Yeah he looked great

He is coming into his own now. Problem is, there are too many hammers at 74kg. In 2020, you’ll have Burroughs, Dake, maybe Zahid, maybe Hall, Nolf, Cenzo, maybe James Green, etc all vying for the spot

IMar may not even be top 3 in that group.

I agree. Imar didn't even make it to the finals here at Medved. Didn't see his loss earlier in the bracket to Nurykov (BLR) who is ranked #11 at 70kg and went on to win the Medved gold. But Imar put on a show against #14 ranked at 74kg Dibirgadzhiev (RUS) to take the bronze.

Moving up to 97kg, Ty Waltz showed a lot of heart and hit a clutch td at the very end to beat Andriitsev (UKR) for the Medved bronze.

Huge win for Walz. Andritsev is probably getting 5th-7th these days at worlds and still Ukraine's #1 guy I think. Only problem for Walz is his highest possible placement is 2nd on US team no matter what he does. I think he has a shot to beat Gadsen. Walz is working hard! 

Edited by PRyan2012

Huge win for Walz. Andritsev is probably getting 5th-7th these days at worlds and still Ukraine's #1 guy I think. Only problem for Walz is his highest possible placement is 2nd on US team no matter what he does. I think he has a shot to beat Gadsen. Walz is working hard!

I do not think ‘possible’ means what you think it means. (Haha). I get your point but as I get older if find myself annoyed by things like this! What is it about getting old that does this?!

Well congrats to IMar, and Ty Waltz for their performances. Anyone know if Joey McKenna actually wrestled in repechage match, or if he forfeited it, and if so why?

I am not sure what happened to Vicky Vortex, but it sounds a lil suspicious to me. How do officials make a change and not ensure that the word got out?

Edited by de4856

Even though Andriitsev may be nearing the end of his competitive career, you got to love the guy, He is always hustling onto and off the mat, always trying to take ground, and always enthusiastically nodding in agreement with whatever his coaches are telling him. Every time he competes his face always ends up looking like an old time boxer with his face all battered and bruised. He has my respect.

Well congrats to IMar, and Ty Waltz for their performances. Anyone know if Joey McKenna actually wrestled in repechage match, or if he forfeited it, and if so why?

I am not sure what happened to Vicky Vortex, but it sounds a lil suspicious to me. How do officials make a change and not ensure that the word got out?

McKenna definitely forfeited

I want to say it ended up being 16-5 he got hit with an arm spin two seconds into the match and then just bulldozed the guy for the rest of the match.  

Yeah

The armspin was sweet too. Ringer was clearly better overall.

We seem to get hit with armspins early on in matches frequently. Works well vs the american style.