Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Junior Worlds 2018

Haven't watched GR in a while but had a chance to follow most of this so far. My big takeaway is how stupid the slip throw rule is. I see so many instances of an athlete getting into a bad position where he's about to give up a push out or take down so they just go for a move, for example an arm spin, that they know is never going to land just to have the official reset the match in the centre and save them from giving up a legit point. It really needs to go. 

No. Wrestlers are trying much more throws now than before. There are actually other armthrows and stuff now, not just bearhugs and suplaes. 

And if you want to continue wrestling from a bad armthrow, you should learn how to catch the other wrestler during the throw. 

Kitty looks amazing

Heaton just got smashed by the Russian. Heaton didn’t wrestle poorly. That Russian is insanely good and heaton got to some of her offense. The Russian was faster, stronger and more technical. Props to Heaton for staying in there and fighting.

Overall, very impressed by Iran's junior greco squad (4 champs and 2 bronze).  Russia, as expected was strong with 2 champs and 5 bronze.  And a shout out to my Armenian homeboys, a nation of only 3 million with a gold, 2 silver, and a 5th.

Lol at that call

USA clearly won. she exposed the back prior to the time running out, as shown in the replay. 

We scored two on a turn within the last half second of the match, giving us the win. They challenged (as they should - no risk) and they overturned the call. 

Maybe I understand the rule wrong, but I thought that was pretty clearly exposure.

Not a bad performance by Kilty. Still Cadet eligible and dominates her way to the junior finals. She came forward and attacked most of the match. You could tell she believed she could win. She went against an excellent russian, the defending junior world champ, and someone who placed 3rd at russian nationals. 

She lost to a better wrestler, but she is young in a high weight class (for women) and fought for every position.

Kilty will be training extensively with Adeline Gray. I bet you she eventually wins senior world medals.

Well nomad thinks Berge will get pulled back in. Apparently his opponent made the semis at Russian nationals.

Ha ok. Not a bad loss then.

Nomad’s Twitter is my favorite out of all the flo guys. Always has facts like this

Our junior men’s freestyle team has solid draws for tomorrow. We could go 5-0 in round 1. 4-1 or 3-2 is more likely

4-1 in round 1, with the only loss being Berge to a guy who made the semis at Russian nationals. Not ideal as that’s a lot of points for Russia, but he will likely get pulled back in

Demas list his next match but might he pulled back.

I’d say if we get two finalists and at least one wrestling for bronze, we have a shot to win it going into tomorrow. Maybe two wrestling for bronze.

This depends on how everyone else does of course, but our talent is pretty evenly spread between days. 3-4 medals including two finalists each day should be enough to win.

Important to note that the new scoring system is in effect. Golds are worth way more than they used to be. We can offset and extra medal from another team if we can lock up a few golds.

Fix, Brooks, Gable and maybe Warner are our best shots. If we get all 4 in the finals we will be hard to beat. Granted that is very tough to do.

A surprise bronze or two on top of that would be great. Demas and Berge getting pulled back in would be big

The Ukrainian Fix faces in the quarters is super active and hit two step overs vs Iran

He also had a tough close bout and looked exhausted

He isn’t a pushover though. Should be a good match but I expect fix to tech him as his defense has some holes