Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Junior Worlds 2018

I guess I didn't see all those leg attack posts in recent days.  Could also be that I follow Flo on various social media platforms and rarely do they post anything about fix that isn't he's the greatest.  This isn't a knock to anyone but it happens repeatedly.  I can almost guarentee if Gable goes down (not likely) there will be a few posts questioning his abilities at the next level....when right now the common theme is he is the untouchable. 

After today's showing I question Gable's abilities at the next level.

J/k. I just wanted to make your guarentee (sic) come true. Ha ha. 

Ignoring new information / data isn’t rationale. If a wrestler loses when you strongly expected him to win, it should adjust your perspective. Unless you are a blind fanboy. Which is ok.

Junior performance should be a wake up for seniors. Take nothing for granted.

Gable just got DECKED hard.

I wonder if his losses in Sr.'s gave up some intel on how to beat him. That Uzbek seemed pretty confident even after giving up the initial td.

I dont know but Gable trashed him 2 years ago in the World Finals 9-0. Maybe a little overconfident. He gave up takedowns in every match.

Gable is fine. This will motivate him. Anyone can get caught. He is still my pick to win NCAAs.

Also he is likely to get eliminated in the semis.

I don’t think that’s what happened. I think he got caught in the clinch and pinned. It happens, especially at heavyweight.

All of that can be true, but I sensed his opponents were using a totally different strategy with him this year. They were not trying to out athlete or out technique him, they were trying to out physical him it seemed to me. 

He too will adjust, and he may never lose a college match. Then again, he might. That is why they have to wrestle to see what happens. Got to step up each and every time. 

All of that can be true, but I sensed his opponents were using a totally different strategy with him this year. They were not trying to out athlete or out technique him, they were trying to out physical him it seemed to me. 

He too will adjust, and he may never lose a college match. Then again, he might. That is why they have to wrestle to see what happens. Got to step up each and every time.

That could be true. Remember he is still a 1st year Junior. 2 more years here. Very few win it then, he won while still a cadet, so he will be back.

I love Gable and was one of the earliest people on these boards touting him, going WAY back to when he made his first Cadet team. I still love him and think he is one of the most exciting prospects we've ever had. That said, today's match was a disaster. The inside trip was poorly executed, dangerous and by no means necessary. Gable paid dearly for it and hopefully will never make that genre of mistake again. Perhaps he got over confident. Perhaps his opponents were wrestling smarter against him and that shook him a bit. Whatever the case, this is an easy one to fix.