Sign in to follow this  
fanta

Pico announcing come back for 2024

Word at the Treigning Lab is Pico is making a come back for the 2020-2024 quad. He says making 65kg will be relatively easy. This is awesome!!! Calavitta will have him ready to rock.

Edited by fanta

Word at the Treigning Lab is Pico is making a come back for the 2020-2024 quad. He says making 66kg will be relatively easy. This is awesome!!! Calavitta will have him ready to rock.

Are the weights changing from 65kg to 66kg after 2020? Him making 65kg with day-of weigh ins seems like a stretch. Would be awesome for him to come back but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Buckxell

Pico. A couple years ago he was right there with the best seniors in the USA. Give Nolf a year or two of freestyle then we’d have a match.

By your standard they are already on par. Look at Nolf's record vs Sr.'s, if Green is #1 at that weight then he's "right there" too. 

Once again, agreeing with TBar.  Nolf "is" right there with Green, and this was demonstrated in their earlier matchups.  Nolf isn't a Freestyle guy, and given the opportunity to train FS exclusively?  Holy heck... I think he pulls away, significantly, from everyone else currently at 70kg.  This would include Pico in my mind, for the 2020 or 2024 cycles.

Edit:  Will be interesting to see how things ultimately shake out, but, imagine this scenario:

57kg - Lee/Fix - either CAN win WC's in the future

61kg - Fix?  Does he move up, allowing this B2B combo to happen?

65kg - Zain/Stieber - Stieber already has a WC under his belt... and everyone thinks Zain is betterer.  What about Yianni?  McKenna?  He's a youngun too!

70kg - Green - multi-time medalist, and what if Nolf shows up and actually DOES win, and then widen the gap?  Gold?

74kg - Burroughs - 'nuff said

79kg - Dake - Has the ability to grab Gold.  We shall see shortly.  If not, Zahid, Ringer, and Hall are ALL WC level too

86kg - Taylor - Has the ability to grab Gold.  We'll know soon enough

92kg - Cox - Multi-Medalist.  Can he grab gold?  If not... is Warner the next guy here?  Moore?

97kg - Snyder - 'Nuff Said

125kg - Gwiz - World Bronze... but... Gable "Freakin'" Steveson is just around the corner

Oh my oh my oh my....

Edited by treep2000

Isn't Pico fighting at 66kg (see Bellator 199 on May 4, 2018)?  The Olympic weights go 65 then 74.  In the unlikely event he tries out in 2020, I would guess it would only be if he can make 65.  That would pit him against Zain, Yianni, Stieber, etc.

https://www.flocombat.com/articles/6251758-aaron-pico-wont-rule-out-olympics-i-could-make-the-team-right-now

Pico will come out slowly with his intention to make the 2024 Olympics. When 2021 comes around you'll see him on the International circuit again (while still doing MMA). That's according to his own words, while we were out in California. Anyways we'll see!!

Edited by fanta

On 9/20/2018 at 3:09 AM, wnywrestling said:

Isn't Pico fighting at 66kg (see Bellator 199 on May 4, 2018)?  The Olympic weights go 65 then 74.  In the unlikely event he tries out in 2020, I would guess it would only be if he can make 65.  That would pit him against Zain, Yianni, Stieber, etc.

Stieber ought to hang it up.

On 9/19/2018 at 11:09 PM, wnywrestling said:

Yes he is actually fighting on tonight’s Bellator card at feather-weight which is 66kg.  

17 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I can't believe anyone gives pico clicks anymore. He quit, did other things. Everything is just him whoring for attention until he steps on the mat again.

So answering a dude’s question is him “whoring for attention?”  

19 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I can't believe anyone gives pico clicks anymore. He quit, did other things. Everything is just him whoring for attention until he steps on the mat again.

You commented on the thread...

it isn’t like Pico retired. He is in a related sport and still training wrestling, just not exclusively and not the style he was (he is focused on mma wrestling)

Do you also get mad when people mention Ed Ruth’s mma success? 

Well let's just say this is legit and Pico is going to leave MMA, for a 2024 run. Aaron will be 28 in 2024, which is okay, but I believe he will have to start wrestling again no later than 2022, so that he can get the lay of the land so to speak. Also by that Olympic cycle, who knows who or what we will see in terms of who is are reps at 65 or 70. Most of the names we know and associate with our Senior Team representatives will pretty much in their 30's. James Green will be 32 in 2024. Frank Molinaro will be 36 in 2024, and Jason Nolf will be 28 by then. Maybe our guy at 70 will be Hayden Hidlay, or maybe Ryan Deakin, who knows. 

At 65, I have to believe that Logiebear will have long since retired, Zain Train will be 29 by then, so who knows, maybe Yanni D will the guy. But it could very well be that our representatives in those weights are kids that are currently in high school or maybe even in Junior high. 

Anyway, my feeling is this regarding Pico, is that it was MMA's gain and Wrestling's loss, when he left to pursue a Mix Martial Arts career. Additionally, I have no idea how well he will do (if and when) he does leave the Octagon, and I also don't know if he could currently make our Senior team at either 65, or 70, but I do suspect that he would be right up there in the mix. 

On 9/29/2018 at 10:50 AM, MadMardigain said:

Yes he is actually fighting on tonight’s Bellator card at feather-weight which is 66kg.  

Apparently he did pretty good.

I wasn’t expecting him to be back but that quote certainly makes it seem somewhat likely.   Maybe I’m reading too much into it but he said twice that he loves wrestling and the only thing he said about MMA was that it was his “focus.”