Sign in to follow this  
JBluegill133

Robison

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6248861-7-theorius-robison-commits-to-northern-colorado

Didn't see this posted anywhere else, but it looks like Troy and the UNC staff got a verbal from another great recruit.  Starting to turn some heads up in Greeley, keeping a lot of in state talent.  Interesting that his verbal looks like he will try to play both football and wrestle.  Might be a tad small for D1 ball but who knows.

Edited by JBluegill133

So who offered the scholarship?  D1 football is only full ride scholarships.  Is UNC considered D1 or a step below where partial scholarships coming into play?  I think UNI offers partial scholarships for football.

It is great if they got Robison for very little money.  I thought UNC only had 5 scholarships available for wrestling when Troy got there.  Are they fully funded yet?

So who offered the scholarship? D1 football is only full ride scholarships. Is UNC considered D1 or a step below where partial scholarships coming into play? I think UNI offers partial scholarships for football.

It is great if they got Robison for very little money. I thought UNC only had 5 scholarships available for wrestling when Troy got there. Are they fully funded yet?

UNC is FCS in football. They play in the Big Sky conference. I believe football scholarships at that level are full ride only.

Anytime. If he is trying to do both he will have a hard time ever reaching his maximum potential in wrestling IMO. But if he wants to do it, more power to him.

I guess, but I don’t think he will ever AA if he continues to try and do both

It’s not my call and I respect that he is trying to make it work, but I hope he ends up picking one or the other so he can reach his potential in either sport.

I guess, but I don’t think he will ever AA if he continues to try and do both

It’s not my call and I respect that he is trying to make it work, but I hope he ends up picking one or the other so he can reach his potential in either sport.

I agree completely!

SEC schools oversign every year and go over the 25 "limit."

First, I simply told you what the current rule is not what I think schools are doing. I didn't make any comment about what schools do. However, unless you are a coach at a division 1 School, it's asinine to think that any conference is flagrantly violating the scholarship limit when that is a matter of public record. SEC, Big Ten, whatever their 85 scholarships are known by the athletic department, the administration, NCAA, etc. Having been a D1 coach for 2 years, in this case I know what I'm talking about. Wrestling not so much.

First, I simply told you what the current rule is not what I think schools are doing. I didn't make any comment about what schools do. However, unless you are a coach at a division 1 School, it's asinine to think that any conference is flagrantly violating the scholarship limit when that is a matter of public record. SEC, Big Ten, whatever their 85 scholarships are known by the athletic department, the administration, NCAA, etc. Having been a D1 coach for 2 years, in this case I know what I'm talking about. Wrestling not so much.

Go check the Rivals database if you want to see how many players a school signs for football. There are teams that signed 29 players...that is oversigning. I never said you were lying, I merely pointed out that schools do in fact sign more than 25 players in a given year.