Sign in to follow this  
nom

No more T Row and Funky show

Fellas posted their last official podcast under that brand. Sounds like Tommy couldn’t make the time commitment work. Totally understandable.

Askren is coming back to podcasts with Dernlan under a Rudis umbrella. Two shows a week. Sounds like they will bump levels in production capabilities as well. Looking forward to it. Tommy is hoping to be a frequent guest!

Good guys. I enjoy their discussions.

I've always been a fan of FRL but lately have been listening to Takedown Radio out of Iowa. i like that they have guests each show. Usually a head coach or two for about 10-12 minutes each.

True but the hosts don’t seem to know anything about wrestling. They constantly make mistakes. They clearly don’t do any research prior to having their guests on. It is kind of cringy.

T-Row and Funky was awesome because it was a candid look into the minds of two world class athletes who were both obviously still huge fans of the sport. We've seen "superstars" become talking heads on ESPN and other networks, but they're still usually sticking to a script. Even as cocky (maybe "confident" is a better word) as Ben can be, both guys show a lot of humility and respect on the show. I also enjoyed their views on youth wrestling and hearing about Tommy's strategies for helping his kids grow in the sport. 

Ill miss the show, but Im kind of glad they put out one last show and officially closed it out. Got kind of tired of wondering if/when they'd put shows out. 

Im interested to hear Ben's new show, especially with his obligations to the Badger RTC. Im hopeful that he talks about that stuff quite a bit - I love hearing about the inner workings of programs. NC State's podcast is great at that. 

True but the hosts don’t seem to know anything about wrestling. They constantly make mistakes. They clearly don’t do any research prior to having their guests on. It is kind of cringy.

Casber is terrible but the other guy is much better. Flo makes some cringeworthy mistakes as well when live on the air.

Casber is terrible but the other guy is much better. Flo makes some cringeworthy mistakes as well when live on the air.

Yeah but it’s a whole other level. Flo makes mistakes I can see anyone making - forgetting what year a guy placed, people’s records, head to head losses/wins

The other guys call people AAs who aren’t, give intros of the people they are interviewing that are flat out false, etc

I used to listen to it mowing the lawn, but now I don’t have a lawn, so I haven’t listened in awhile

Oh man right after you posted this I listened to the Guerrero interview...yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First I heard about NC State's podcast, have a link?

http://packmentalitypodcast.com/

I typically listen through the podcast app on my iphone. Pat is on most episodes, and they usually have some relevant guests. Their last episode has Darion Caldwell, as well as their team Academic advisor. It was a great episode, although Im biased since that's my dream job - ha. 

I really enjoy it and listen to every episode. 

http://packmentalitypodcast.com/

I typically listen through the podcast app on my iphone. Pat is on most episodes, and they usually have some relevant guests. Their last episode has Darion Caldwell, as well as their team Academic advisor. It was a great episode, although Im biased since that's my dream job - ha.

I really enjoy it and listen to every episode.

It’s really well done. I’ve listened to every episode.

Pat is pretty honest. He is open about what his guys need to work on. It’s refreshing.

Trow and Funky was great to hear insight from them. Loved the youth wrestling discussions and inside knowledge of how things work within the wrestling world. They did a great job, hopefully Askren's new podcast keeps that ball rolling.

Casber is one of the worst interviewers I've ever heard. He loves the sound of his own voice.

Casber lost me as a listener the day he joined with a couple of coaches and crapped all over Cael Sanderson in the most unprofessional of ways. I will never listen to him again. 

Edited by TBar1977

Is this literal?  That IS highly unprofessional!

Ok, you got me to edit that one word out, but the sentiment remains. The guy said things that were way, way out of line. Not borderline out of line, way over the line. He's an unprofessional hack as far as I am concerned. And I used to like him. 

Here is the podcast where Casber acted unprofessionally, imo. 

http://takedownwrestling.libsyn.com/takedown-radio-981-kevin-dresser-tom-ryan-j-robinson-pat-popolizio-brian-smith-johnmark-bentley

Edited by TBar1977

Ok, you got me to edit that one word out, but the sentiment remains. The guy said things that were way, way out of line. Not borderline out of line, way over the line. He's an unprofessional hack as far as I am concerned. And I used to like him.

Here is the podcast where Casber acted unprofessionally, imo.

http://takedownwrestling.libsyn.com/takedown-radio-981-kevin-dresser-tom-ryan-j-robinson-pat-popolizio-brian-smith-johnmark-bentley

He does this all the time.

I don’t get it. There are plenty of people in Iowa who know wrestling. It can’t be that hard to find someone who also wants to be in radio and has some skill.

It’s really well done. I’ve listened to every episode.

Pat is pretty honest. He is open about what his guys need to work on. It’s refreshing.

Yeah - I live in Ohio and over the years I've become a pretty big fan of their program, and as a result have become an all around NC State fan. They've done a fantastic job at growing their brand as a program. Popolizio is an easy guy to look up to. Any time there's content that involve NCSU or the Bucks I'm all over it. 

Edited by iGranby