Sign in to follow this  
lu1979

Will M Lewis AA this year?

Will Va Techs newly crowned Jr World champion AA this year at 165?  While Lewiis certainly has the ability to AA, this weight is loaded with high quality guys and there will be a lot of talent that won't make the podium.  If M Lewis doesn't make AA it will be the 2nd year in a row that a reigning UWW world champion named Lewis fails to AA at 165.  

Edited by lu1979

Lewis's classmate and co-wrestler of year, both from Bound Brook HS, NJ is Stephan Glasglow who is enrolled at Rutgers.  Both were 2x state champs.  Both may be at 165.

5 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Cenzo gets the least respect ever for a two time returning champ except for Dean Heil. 

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

Wrong again, Rosholt. 

it's been a Cowboy thing, Johnny Thompson was much maligned on these forums as well.  'if he wins he'll be the worst 3 timer ever' kind of chatter back then. 

I'd say Lewis has a 50/50 shot of making the podium this year. If he made the finals it wouldn’t surprise me at all. One thing is for sure, he is a known dude now and people will know what to expect when they wrestle him. I’m anxious to see him go in folkstyle which he prefers over FS

7 minutes ago, Creek chub said:

I'd say Lewis has a 50/50 shot of making the podium this year. If he made the finals it wouldn’t surprise me at all. One thing is for sure, he is a known dude now and people will know what to expect when they wrestle him. I’m anxious to see him go in folkstyle which he prefers over FS

He is better at folk than free. 

20 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

lets be real...by his senior year he couldn't beat his own......

Let's be real, his match with Yianni came down to the bitter end in the quarters.  After that, HEW took back over.  But, if he beats Yianni there was a strong possibility he would have won it all again.

In a lot of ways, this mirrors Richie Lewis of Rutgers.  As happened there, I would say this Lewis finishes around R12 and will need to beat a Marsteller type(that is who beat R. Lewis in the R12) to make the podium.  165 is going to be a true meatgrinder!