Sign in to follow this  
CTex

Gilman Interview

I saw an interview posted on Flo where Gilman talks about training with Clark, Lee and DeSanto. Did anyone see the interview? What were his thoughts on each one? Just curious what level Lee is at compared to Gilman and where DeSanto is at right now since training in Iowa. I know there have been some topics about this already but haven't seen anything regarding the interview that was posted last week.

Assuming you're referring to the "Coffee with Gilman" video, he didn't provide any specific info re: where each of their levels are relative to him or relative to each other.  

He did say a couple of interesting things... paraphrasing here, but:

- He has the best training situation in the country with all of the lightweight talent 
- He (Gilman), Clark, Sorenson, Brooks all have a similar training style and general mentality (basically a direct reference to the traditional "Iowa Style"), but that Spencer Lee is more unconventional and loves to "play wrestle" and roll around, whereas the guys previously mentioned are more "drill, drill, drill, hard live goes"
- He made a general reference to how tough guys are in the room, and then specifically referred to Spencer Lee as a "whole different animal," but then Gilman back-tracked a little bit on that statement... I think because he didn't want it to sound like an insult to his other training partners
- He recently bought a house
- He and Nahshon have struck up a good friendship and have a good training situation when at the OTC and traveling abroad with the team... hopefully it raises the level of both guys

Pure speculation on my part, but I think it can be pretty well inferred from what Gilman has said here, what he's said in other interviews, what we've heard from coaches, that Lee is at a minimum somewhere close to Gilman's current level.  We've seen where Clark is on the senior level, so no surprises there.  DeSanto is anyone's guess.  

Right on. Good info. I am just curious on if DeSanto has improved visibly wrestling with guys like Lee and Gilman. Or do they even train together? Haven't seen or heard anything. DeSanto doesn't have social media from what I have gathered. Lee is always posting about Pokemon, so not always sure what his thoughts are either.