Sign in to follow this  
dabrockster

Sad News-Boise St. Larry Quisel

It is with shock and deep sadness that Boise St. lost one of their greats this past weekend..

Larry Quisel passed away while out hunting for Elk.

RIP. You paved the way for many at BSU..

https://montanasports.com/high-school/wrestling/2018/10/02/former-livingston-boise-state-wrestling-legend-larry-quisel-passes-away/

9427ffa7630988b52c2e86ee57b32fde.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very sad to hear this news

His impressive and long march through the consolation bracket in '99 is a very distinct wrestling memory of mine and his upset over TJ Williams the next year also noteworthy (TJ Williams went something like 98-1 in his Iowa career, his only loss to Quisel)

RIP

Edited by KTG119

I didn't know Larry personally, but it was cool to see him attending BSU dual meets occasionally.  Super solid guy and he did a lot for Boise State wrestling.  Those were some really fun teams back in the late 90's - early 2000's with Larry Quisel, Kirk White, Cash Edwards, Ben Vombaur, Jesse Brock, Scott Jorgensen, Collin Robertson and other greats.  Boise State didn't get the flashiest most hyped up blue chip recruits, but Mike Young, Greg Randall, and Chris Owens just had some crazy magic that brought out the inner gladiator in their guys.

I'll be thinking about the Quisel family and wishing them peace and comfort.

On 10/3/2018 at 2:23 PM, dabrockster said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And we think stalling is bad today. William's took his first shot, a half-assed one, 30 seconds into OT. All he did was hang on the head and push.