Sign in to follow this  
freestyle_fan

World Championships - 2018, Top Contenders and Underdogs

Good list.

57kg I'd add Edisherashvili and Uguev among the top contenders.

I would definitely put Vlad among the top contenders in 65kg, I know he doesn't wrestle there like he wrestle 61 or 57, but he always shows up when it matters.

74kg - Demirtas' name must be there, top contender or underdog.

In 125kg underdog, I would choose Khotsianivski of Ukraine over Khizriev, he has been giving Petriashvili some trouble this year, winning one and losing a narrow one.

Feeling I've forgotten some names, but that's about it.

23 hours ago, Axe_Spartan said:

Good list.

57kg I'd add Edisherashvili and Uguev among the top contenders.

I would definitely put Vlad among the top contenders in 65kg, I know he doesn't wrestle there like he wrestle 61 or 57, but he always shows up when it matters.

74kg - Demirtas' name must be there, top contender or underdog.

In 125kg underdog, I would choose Khotsianivski of Ukraine over Khizriev, he has been giving Petriashvili some trouble this year, winning one and losing a narrow one.

Feeling I've forgotten some names, but that's about it.

I knew I was missing someone, Kurugliev is also a top contender at 86 kg.

Question - Anyone knows if Magomedmurad Gadzhiev (POL) still wrestling at 65kg or  is h moved on to 70 kg?

I thought he moved on to 70kg, but one of the poster released by wrestdagu.ru for 65 kg have him listed..

a2a7a72902a98bbdef4bb7692e20e9f4.jpg

They also posted kind of survey on who would win..I could not figure out the russian language here..but anyone out there  (may be @Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin) could help translate it

3feae619c6d7a560a8007e9d8e75ec6b.jpg

65kg.jpg

Edited by freestyle_fan
Removed duplicate jpg file

Is Sadulaev going 97 or 92 Kg?   I have read that he is going 92, but there are posts here that he is going 97 (this thread and another I think).  Which is it?   If 92, he takes gold I believe.  If 97, I hope he and snyder are on opposite sides of the bracket.  If so, they will be in the finals.  If not, one heck of a preliminary match that would normally be the final. 

mspart

2 minutes ago, spartak said:

The poll was done among Dagestani. So, chances to win this worlds:

Chakaev  43.96%

Aliev.     22.62%

Hinchegashvili 14.48%

Gadjiev.     13.48%

Bajrang.  2.43%

Stieber.    0.73% (sorry for my countrymen)

Thanks for the translation!

1 hour ago, freestyle_fan said:

Question - Anyone knows if Magomedmurad Gadzhiev (POL) still wrestling at 65kg or  is h moved on to 70 kg?

I thought he moved on to 70kg, but one of the poster released by wrestdagu.ru for 65 kg have him listed..

They also posted kind of survey on who would win..I could not figure out the russian language here..but anyone out there  (may be @Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin) could help translate it

65kg.jpg

Edited by spartak
Add quote

12 hours ago, spartak said:

The poll was done among Dagestani. So, chances to win this worlds:

Chakaev  43.96%

Aliev.     22.62%

Hinchegashvili 14.48%

Gadjiev.     13.48%

Bajrang.  2.43%

Stieber.    0.73% (sorry for my countrymen)

I’m not surprised about Stieber. On paper, he is pretty unlikely to win. He is also on the only team that can challenge Russia this year. 

Chakaev being that high shows that no matter where you are, bias exists. Chakaev has a chance of winning, but almost half the people picking him is high

16 hours ago, mspart said:

Is Sadulaev going 97 or 92 Kg?   I have read that he is going 92, but there are posts here that he is going 97 (this thread and another I think).  Which is it?   If 92, he takes gold I believe.  If 97, I hope he and snyder are on opposite sides of the bracket.  If so, they will be in the finals.  If not, one heck of a preliminary match that would normally be the final. 

mspart

97 kg.

92 kg for Russia will be Tsakulov.

General consensus seems to be that the top three contenders at 65 Kg are Aliev, Tobier, and Chakaev, whereas Logan has almost no shot at a medal.  Should be noted that he is a combined 5-0 against the three listed wrestlers I believe.  Yes, I know he's laid a few eggs as well.

23 hours ago, freestyle_fan said:

65kg.jpg

bro, do u have vk.com account? give me link! 

1 hour ago, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

bro, do u have vk.com account? give me link! 

bro, I don't have a vk.com account. I am also not on fb and twitter, somehow i am not a fan of social media sites...i used to have fb earlier, but then deleted my account. But we can definitely share things here ( i found this forum to be more precise, focused discussion on wrestling) and discuss about our thoughts and opinions on wrestling!

12 hours ago, freestyle_fan said:

bro, I don't have a vk.com account. I am also not on fb and twitter, somehow i am not a fan of social media sites...i used to have fb earlier, but then deleted my account. But we can definitely share things here ( i found this forum to be more precise, focused discussion on wrestling) and discuss about our thoughts and opinions on wrestling!

no! i can talk about this with rookie only in social network! i teach u! u can send message in direct 

14 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

from top to bottom

Jordan Burroughs USA

Zaurbek Sidakov RUS

Frank Chamizo ITA

Bekzod Abdurakhmanov UZB

Zemilkhan Khadjiev FRA

Soner Dimertash TUR

then I think the last one just means 'other' but I'm not sure

It seems they really like Chamizo over there.

Maybe if it was Tsabolov over Sidakov, the results would be a little bit different.

1 hour ago, Axe_Spartan said:

It seems they really like Chamizo over there.

Maybe if it was Tsabolov over Sidakov, the results would be a little bit different.

Correct me if I'm  wrong, but they're just sending Sidakov because he won Nationals,  right? Tsabolov is a World Champ and a 2x finalist. Isn't that the kind of guy who they typically take even if he loses nationals? 

1 hour ago, GranbyTroll said:

Correct me if I'm  wrong, but they're just sending Sidakov because he won Nationals,  right? Tsabolov is a World Champ and a 2x finalist. Isn't that the kind of guy who they typically take even if he loses nationals? 

I don’t know the reason, but Tsabolov does have losses to Burroughs and Chamizo. That could have factored in. 

Azerbaijan line up announced for world championships - total 3 new faces to Senior stage - 2 from Junior Worlds and one from U23.

57 - Georgy Edisherashvili

61 - Parviz Ibrahimov  ( new  - 2017 U23 world championships Bronze in 57kg)

65 - Haji Aliyev 

70 - Gadzhimurad Hajiyev ( new  - 2018 Junior World Championships - 70kg - Gold)

74 - Abubakar Abakarov ( new - 2018 Junior World Championships - 74kg - Silver)

79 - Jabrail Hasanov

86 - Murad Suleymanov

92 - Sharip Sharipov

97 - Aslanbek Alborov

125 - Jamaludin Magomedov