Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Kharchla is gonna be 3 or 4 timer

Wrong. Snyder is a non factor. KharChla's biological age is 40 and he is a 170, Snyder is not a practice partner, at least not for a live go. There is also no evidence Snyder is gonna be a great coach, particularly if he is going to be competing through 2024, which we all hope for. F]

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

I didn't know he was a Miron guy, but even the most immature club coach in America couldn't sustain a career if they were running interference on tOSU. That said after about 23 posts bashing tOSU, but obviously they are the #2 program in the country right now.

For a guy who smugly lambastes everybody for even the slightest mistake on here, you first need to get a clue before making such a comment. Miron is his father. If there's any bad blood there (no clue if there is), it's going to be a factor. Many immigrants' children end up with differently spelled variations of the original difficult to spell last name. Vougar Oroudzhov's sons are other famous wrestling examples.

6 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

For a guy who smugly lambastes everybody for even the slightest mistake on here, you first need to get a clue before making such a comment. Miron is his father. If there's any bad blood there (no clue if there is), it's going to be a factor. Many immigrants' children end up with differently spelled variations of the original difficult to spell last name. Vougar Oroudzhov's sons are other famous wrestling examples.

To be more specific, from Cornell's web site:  "Vitali Arujau is the son of Vougar Oroudjov and Zhanna Arujava and has an older and younger brother."

7 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I need to get a clue before I admit I didn't know something? Can you explain that?

14 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Wrong. Snyder is a non factor. KharChla's biological age is 40 and he is a 170, Snyder is not a practice partner, at least not for a live go. There is also no evidence Snyder is gonna be a great coach, particularly if he is going to be competing through 2024, which we all hope for. F]

Wrong.  Snyder IS a factor.  I grant you, there may be no evidence that he will be a good/great/crappy coach... but... I ask you think before you rush to your snap judgement... What do the rest of the Buckeye squad think?  What does the rest of Team USA think?  Do you think that Gilman benefits from having Snyder on the team?  I think his sheer presence (along with JB's) is enough to sway MANY a youngun'.  

Besides, Stieber is just a few weight classes below, bringing 4x NCAA and World Champ creds himself.  Pile on MyMar, Bojo, McKenna, Moore, Tervel, Reece, Jaggers, and that room is lights out.

Here is my critique, you are arguing for presence over actual practice partners and coaching. 

tOSU might be the best place for Kharchla, I just don't think Snyder tips the scales, there are gold medalists at a lot of other RTCs. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

I know the room is a factor but I think "rooms' are a bit overrated as a factor for swayings HS-aged kids. By far the most important factor is the head coach, so if he ends up at tOSU, it'll be more because Ryan was able to connect with him than anything else. Kharchla is at a weight class at which several top schools can offer exceptional him an exceptional training environment. He's not a lightweight or heavweight.

9 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Start the miron love fest in another topic please.

Will post as I damn well please.  Someone asked about his relationship with the OSU staff.  Not good with the past regime.  Fine with the present regime and he has done some work with guys at the RTC.  Miron has said many times Carson's decision will be Carson's, not his.  The field of choices is getting narrowed--stay tuned.

One would think Ohio State should have the inside track here.  Columbus kid, freestyle ambitions and preference, great training situation, etc. That said, if he wanted to stay in Columbus you'd think he'd have already committed. How much time did Ryan & Ralph put in to recruiting him before he became such a hot commodity post-Fargo?  

Pure speculation, but I'd guess if he leaves the state he ends up at NC State.

17 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

. KharChla's biological age is 40 

How do you come to this conclusion?  

(edit)

Carson is gonna blow everyone's mind, when he chooses to wrestle at DII U of Findlay and Miron is named as an assistant coach.  

Edited by stp

14 minutes ago, stp said:

How do you come to this conclusion?  

(edit)

Carson is gonna blow everyone's mind, when he chooses to wrestle at DII U of Findlay and Miron is named as an assistant coach.  

Off topic but sometimes I wonder why good recruits seems to never go this route (well not never...)

21 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Pure speculation, but I'd guess if he leaves the state he ends up at NC State.

Could be cool if Tariq had a growth spurt, and these two were on the same team.   The practice videos would be worth PPV.