Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Kharchla is gonna be 3 or 4 timer

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

Rumor mill has it that Roselli at OU has the inside track on Kharchla

That would be surprising given OU wasn't one of the 5 schools he listed.  He also said after Fargo that he's not really interested in anyone outside the 5 he had already named (UVA, Ohio State, NC State, Minnesota, Oklahoma State).

He is scheduled for a visit this weekend in Stillwater though... perhaps Lou has been in his ear and can get him to swing on down to Norman before he leaves.  Would be a hell of a gazumping if he could pull that off..

What do Ohio State''s future upperweights (For 2021 through 2023 let's say) project to be if Karchla is a Buckeye? 

Thinking: 

165- Kaleb Romero

174- Rocky Jordan

184- Carson Karchla (possibly switch Jordan and Karchla)

197- Gavin Hoffman

285- Greg Kerkleviet

With plenty of other guys pushing for a spot including but not limited to Chase Singletary, Kevon Freeman, Ethan Smith and Kevin Snyder.

This is the type of thing that gets thrown around that I just don't believe. Any source for that info?

That goes along with the myriad of things random people love to say about every high achieving kid. 

I'm not saying he starves himself, but a kid like that can do 10 in a day easy, so why wouldn't he cut some weight...

Edited by hammerlockthree

On 10/8/2018 at 10:22 PM, wrestlingnerd said:

I know the room is a factor but I think "rooms' are a bit overrated as a factor for swayings HS-aged kids.

Is this just another of your opinions, or can you offer some proof?  

37 minutes ago, stp said:

Is this just another of your opinions, or can you offer some proof?  

I’ve never heard a top recruit say they chose a school because of the room. I’ve often heard it’s because of the coaches and usually the head coach. Every year, many top kids choose a school that may not have the best room for their weight. It’s a factor, but almost never the top factor.

15 hours ago, Coach_J said:

No way is Carson a future 184.  He cuts no weighr for 170.

Still, that can be a tad misleading.  Does he eat whatever he wants or maintain a reasonably strict diet?  How often does he train and what are his weights before and after?  Does he eat a healthy breakfast BEFORE weigh-ins?

Not trying to be confrontational, but I also hear/read that thrown around a lot without the full inventory.  He may not be wearing plastics to bed or starving himself for 24+ hours before weigh-ins, but is he following a combination of training and diet to maintain?

Edited by MSU158

14 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I think your selling me a little short. I have a bunch of really really smart post you must have missed. 

Guess I missed all the “smart” posts too.  In this thread alone you have:

1.       Claimed high schooler Carson Kharchla is biologically 40; if I have to explain the utter dumbness of that, well, we have bigger issues that your “smartness”

2.       Referred to Miron in a backhanded way as an “immature club coach”; anyone remotely aware of what Miron does for kids sees the idiocy of this

3.       Admitted you didn’t know Carson was Miron’s son; you’re clueless but that doesn’t stop you from spewing uninformed drivel

4.       Attempted to call out someone who actually knows Miron and Carson in order to spout more non-sense about Carson’s weight; gotta admire you, bro, knowing what you’re talking about doesn’t get in your way for a second

5.       Tried to order me not to write about Miron and ordered me to quit taking things personally (trust me, I don’t take this board very seriously, but I will point out a foolish comment when it occurs)

Regarding the last item, until TheMat.com totally loses its collective mind and appoints you moderator, maybe lay off thinking you can order people to follow your inane directives.

Sometimes... Its for the best... That when caught in a series of flakey, fake news-like epithets... To just say nothing and let it go away on its own.  You were wrong, factually refuted/rebuked.  Now swallow your pride and just let it go... Or is civility over here as well?

3 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Still, that can be a tad misleading.  Does he eat whatever he wants or maintain a reasonably strict diet?  How often does he train and what are his weights before and after?  Does he eat a healthy breakfast BEFORE weigh-ins?

Not trying to be confrontational, but I also hear/read that thrown around a lot without the full inventory.  He may not be wearing plastics to bed or starving himself for 24+ hours before weigh-ins, but is he following a combination of training and diet to maintain?

He's not very tall and his father is not very tall (about 5'6").  I can see him eventually being a 174 (a buzzsaw of a 174) but he is being recruited initially as a 165.

1 hour ago, treep2000 said:

Sometimes... Its for the best... That when caught in a series of flakey, fake news-like epithets... To just say nothing and let it go away on its own.  You were wrong, factually refuted/rebuked.  Now swallow your pride and just let it go... Or is civility over here as well?

What was I wrong about again, when I said i didn't think something was true and asked a question?

7 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Well from what I understand from his immediate relatives (no I haven’t been invited to dinner yet)  he’s stays on a reasonably responsible diet plan most of the time, which has been part of family routine for ages.  I’m sure he splurges from time to time, but a constantly family routine which is more of a “way of life” make it a little easier to stay on track.  

He’s also been on a fairly consistent training routine too since he was young.  This is not all wrestling move driven, but definitely to keep him active and building athleticism.  Like most other top recruits he’s spending a lot more time on than it does taking time off.  

As far as his weight cutting goes he had a big issue a couple years back which changed his focus going into last season.  He was trying to drop to 138 which was way too much of a drop.  The though was this move would help optimize his teams lineup, but since he wasn’t ever really at full strength there it didn’t allow him to be as productive on the mat.   The feeling of that weight cut, which caused him to miss the post season, was a catalyst to redirect his focus on building muscle and improving technique rather than trying to suck down as far as possible. His results from this past season at 170 sure speaks to his growth bring a positive move.   I’m sure he may drop some water weight due to training hard,  but after his prior experience I doubt you will see him wanting to cut a large amount of weight again.   

Edited by MadMardigain

You are an imbecile.  He doesn't cut weight to make 170, you dimwit.  Anyone who knows the kid knows that his sophomore year he was cutting way too much to make 138 as Mardigan recounted--after that bad experience, no more weight cutting.  He never finished his freshman or sophomore seasons due to injury.  I understand you really want to be right about something but try another thread.