Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Kharchla is gonna be 3 or 4 timer

This is like playing chess with a gerbil.  Do you understand that a sophomore year is different than a junior year?  And both of those are not the same as a senior year?  If not, the conversation is pointless; even so, I'm going to go out on a huge limb and assume you do.  After his sophomore year, the kid quit cutting weight; Mardigan is absolutely correct, as anyone who knows the kid is well aware of.  Are you following?  Do I need to go any slower?  He is now a senior (that comes after sophomore and junior) and he is staying at 170, which he can make with one decent work out.  In this thread, we have been talking about his current weight class--not his sophomore year when he cut too much weight.  It's that whole time progression thing--maybe we can get Neil DeGrasse Tyson to explain it to you.  I don't know if mental deficiency runs in your family or the Great Maker decided to drop the entire genetic curse on you.

Karchla is the missing piece for tOSU as he can slide into 165 or interchange at either there or 174 with Romero.

Future Buck lineup:

125: Malik Heinselman

133: Jordan Decatur

141: Quinn Kinner

149: Sammy Sasso

157: Jaden Mattox

165: Carson Karchla

174: Kaleb Romero

184: Rocky Jordan or Ethan Smith

197: Gavin Hoffman

HWY: Daniel Kerkvliet 

Imagine that lineup with Aaron Brooks at ‘84....

1 hour ago, Aviator12 said:

Karchla is the missing piece for tOSU as he can slide into 165 or interchange at either there or 174 with Romero.

Future Buck lineup:

125: Malik Heinselman

133: Jordan Decatur

141: Quinn Kinner

149: Sammy Sasso

157: Jaden Mattox

165: Carson Karchla

174: Kaleb Romero

184: Rocky Jordan or Ethan Smith

197: Gavin Hoffman

HWY: Daniel Kerkvliet 

Imagine that lineup with Aaron Brooks at ‘84....

Or Isaac Jordan

Edited by LemonPie

Carson is taking his fifth and final official visit this weekend--some schools that joined the process very late are making last ditch attempts for him to take unofficial visits before committing but only one of those schools has any chance.  Hoping this young man finds the right fit to reach his full potential.

8 hours ago, LemonPie said:

Or Isaac Jordan

Maybe I should respond with I’m rubber your glue since your comeback is older. Get new material, yours is tired and no one cares. My partner is really tight with the DiJulllius family and there was a ton of tugging towards Isaac to come and make a run as a grad 5th year. It was all in the end wishfull thinking, especially from us fans (I’m guilty)...but stop pretending like I was making it up. It didn’t happen but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t being discussed. In the end Issac couldn’t leave Wisconsin and his allegiance to his coach and I obviously respect that. There was also a huge need at 165 and Isaac obviously had a lot of familiarity with that tOSU squad. Not sure why I’m even explaining this to you but there it is...

17 hours ago, Aviator12 said:

Maybe I should respond with I’m rubber your glue since your comeback is older. Get new material, yours is tired and no one cares. My partner is really tight with the DiJulllius family and there was a ton of tugging towards Isaac to come and make a run as a grad 5th year. It was all in the end wishfull thinking, especially from us fans (I’m guilty)...but stop pretending like I was making it up. It didn’t happen but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t being discussed. In the end Issac couldn’t leave Wisconsin and his allegiance to his coach and I obviously respect that. There was also a huge need at 165 and Isaac obviously had a lot of familiarity with that tOSU squad. Not sure why I’m even explaining this to you but there it is...

Yeah, I’m not sure either.

But thanks for the Tom Ryan tampering tidbit, I guess.  If Tom was actively recruiting a member of a conference rival’s roster, then sure bud-- you were right all along!  

Edited by LemonPie

Where did I once say Tom Ryan??? Nice try goof ball. Jordan’s 5th year would have been as a grad transfer, he would have been free to go anywhere he wanted as a free agent so it wouldn’t have mattered nor have been tampering anyways...even if I said it was Tom Ryan....But I won’t let the facts hurt your attempt at I dont know what.

Reading comprehension aside, I said the Dijullius family, hence a wrestler and his teammates wanting Isaac to come aboard and fill the hole at ‘65....And even if he wasn’t a grad transfer candidate, if you don’t think wrestlers and especially FAMILY don’t discuss behind closed doors the potential of joining up if it’s at all possible .... I don’t know what to tell you.

You’re trying way too hard here Lemon. 

Edited by Aviator12

On 10/8/2018 at 11:35 AM, MSU158 said:

A strong joke, but not really all that accurate excepting Micah and Bo(depending on the year).

125: NaTo-Was very good in all 3 positions.

133: Pletcher-Wasn't a turner, but won his share of matches 1 or 2 point matches because he had no issues on bottom.

141: McKenna-Had no issues all season(other than the fluky Thorn loss) and made a poor decision to not choose bottom against Meredith.

149: Hayes-Moved well in both mat positions excepting against Zain(welcome to the club).

157: M. Jordan-One of the worst top level wrestlers on bottom that I have ever watched wrestle.

165: Campbell-Strong on top, decent on bottom until his gas tank inevitably emptied in the 3rd.

174: BoJo-Depended on what year.  Was a monster his 1st 2 season on the mat.  Regressed his last 2 seasons.

184: Martin-Very good in all 3 positions.

197: Moore-Without weight issues was as good or better than anyone at the weight in all 3 positions.

285: Snyder-Was as good as he felt like being on the mat.

Yeah, it's not a tOSU issue.  It's silly to apply the struggles of M. Jordan and less so for B. Jordan to the entire program.  They are outliers and Micah is a huge outlier.  Agreed that he is one of the worst blue chip recruits I've seen on bottom and that's after years in the room and as a starter.  

Edited by StallWarning

32 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

Yeah, it's not a tOSU issue.  It's silly to apply the struggles of M. Jordan and less so for B. Jordan to the entire program.  They are outliers and Micah is a huge outlier.  Agreed that he is one of the worst blue chip recruits I've seen on bottom and that's after years in the room and as a starter.  

I mean hell, Jeff Jordan's motto for a million years was "take him down, let him up."  

"Secure hand control, get your escape," just doesn't sound quite as sexy.  

9 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

It’s much more a Jordan issue than a tOSU issue but it’s still sort of a tOSU issue. Their latest stars: Snyder, Martin, Nato, and the Jordans are by far the weakest from bottom. I can’t think of another powerhouse program where the same was or is true. 

Weakest in comparison to what or whom?  Are you saying that in relationship to their own skill sets?

if so, I wouldn't really use Snyder at all as he never really focused on it, for obvious reasons, but he had no problem getting away from Coon or really anyone his senior year. 

As far as NATO and Martin goes, when exactly did bottom wrestling become the deciding factor in any of their limited losses? When did it keep their wins closer than they should have been? Honestly, I remember both being very solid on bottom and find it more of a theme chaser to include both by using weakest to describe a position that may in fact be their least productive of the 3 only because of how ridiculously good at the the other 2 they were/are. 

Martin has NEVER struggled from bottom. Neither did Snyder, he went down with Coon for Pete’s sake. NATO struggles with 2 guys... Spencer Lee and Ethan Lizak. So has everyone else. I know you said weakest and not weak in general.... but I’d say the group you listed were far weakest on top then bottom with being on their free their best.

Snyder, Martin and NaTo didn't really had issues on bottom. Now Kollin Moore struggled against Cassar and gave up RT and could not escape in the third period despite Ryan managing to get him some questionable restarts. 

11 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Why are you so passive aggressive, Charlie? Drinking early today?

Unfortunately no, if I were I might actually find your posts amusing.  

Call it passive aggressive if you want, but it's virtually pointless to argue with you, so I went for a laugh instead.  Hopefully your feelings remain intact.  

Trust me, Charlie, the internet doesn't bother me. 

If you thought my statement needed challenging you should have challenged it, and I could then have told you why I made it. But you decided to make this good thread about something else, hence my description of you being passive aggressive. 

Now now boys... play nice in the sandbox. 

I think there's a bit of overzealousness on the tOSU bottom struggles.  I think the Jordan's are the archetypes for this perceived issue at tOSU, but in all reality, the rest of the squad doesn't truly suffer from the same issues.  Mark Hall struggled mightily against Zahid.  Zain has had problems with Sorenson.  All of the "greats" tend to find their various adversaries that pose them fits in certain elements of the sport.  Whether it's nullifying Snyder's torrential TD barrage, or stopping Logie Bear's bar tilt, there's always been a thorn in everyone's side.  I think Moore's, Martin's and NaTo's situations were just that.  They found one or two guys that give them fits.  That's where it stops.  The Jordan's?  Yeah... I'm 40, fat, out of shape, and could probably tilt Micah a few times.

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Trust me, Charlie, the internet doesn't bother me. 

If you thought my statement needed challenging you should have challenged it, and I could then have told you why I made it. But you decided to make this good thread about something else, hence my description of you being passive aggressive. 

You've taken a single piece of anecdotal evidence and used it to imply something that isn't accurate.  Moore's fine on bottom.  It wasn't his mat skills that kept him from being an NCAA champ last year.  So yes, I do disagree with you.  

The thing which prompts the eye rolls, and that's essentially what I would equate the gif that I posted to... an eye roll, is your incessant need to shoehorn a PSU angle into every possible topic.