Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Kharchla is gonna be 3 or 4 timer

33 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

You've taken a single piece of anecdotal evidence and used it to imply something that isn't accurate.  Moore's fine on bottom.  It wasn't his mat skills that kept him from being an NCAA champ last year.  So yes, I do disagree with you.  

The thing which prompts the eye rolls, and that's essentially what I would equate the gif that I posted to... an eye roll, is your incessant need to shoehorn a PSU angle into every possible topic.  

First off, I said Snyder, Myles Martin and NaTo were NOT weak on bottom, so it isn't like I went after Ohio State because I didn't really do that.

I threw out Moore because 1) I had pretty good recall of how Conel put him on his back (from neutral, I will save you the trouble of typing that) and kept him there for 15 to 20 seconds in their winner's bracket match before pinning Moore last March 2) how Moore chose bottom in the 3rd period and Conel turned him for 4 back points which decided that 3rd place match between the two 3) how Cassar rode him. I didn't claim he was weak on bottom, I just threw that out there because it was an Ohio State discussion.

If it means anything to you, he's stronger on bottom than the Jordans. You happy? 

Edited by TBar1977

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

First off, I said Snyder, Myles Martin and NaTo were NOT weak on bottom, so it isn't like I went after Ohio State because I didn't really do that.

I threw out Moore because 1) I had pretty good recall of how Conel put him on his back (from neutral, I will save you the trouble of typing that) and kept him there for 15 to 20 seconds in their winner's bracket match before pinning Moore last March 2) how Moore chose bottom in the 3rd period and Conel turned him for 4 back points which decided that 3rd place match between the two 3) how Cassar rode him. I didn't claim he was weak on bottom, I just threw that out there because it was an Ohio State discussion.

If it means anything to you, he's stronger on bottom than the Jordans. You happy? 

You are claiming Moore struggles on bottom because he got thrown and pinned by Konel? That’s not the position anyone is talking about when they say bottom, as you are aware. 

Let me try!

I threw out Mark Hall because 

1. He got ridden by Zahid at NCAAs, a guy not known for riding, and gave up a riding time point

2. He got ridden by a 1 time AA from Iowa

3. he lost to brucki, who has never AAd by getting turned and ridden out. 

See? You can do this with anyone if we are going to use a couple of matches as the examples. 

14 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

You are claiming Moore struggles on bottom because he got thrown and pinned by Konel? That’s not the position anyone is talking about when they say bottom, as you are aware. 

Ok, my post seems to be a really big deal to you guys so I will just surrender.

1 hour ago, headshuck said:

Mods, please pin this example of how to make TBar surrender.

headshuck, by golly, I know this has been a long time dream of yours but (lol) somehow I don't think this is going to happen. 

According to a Yappi poster who appears in the know, as of a month ago N.C State was the leader in the clubhouse for Karchla. Did mention a late push with Cael and the freestyle allure at Ohio State. If he ends up a Buckeye Tom Ryan apparently will have earned his salt on this one.

Edited by Aviator12

UPDATE:

TONS of noise right now going on that Kharchla will be a Buckeye.. would give the Bucks 3 Top 10 P4P recruits in the ‘19 class in Jordan Decatur, Daniel Kerkilvet, and Karchla.

He’s their’s to lose. Nice class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

He’s their’s to lose. Nice class

I wouldn’t say he’s their’s to lose. But they do have some nice “amenities” for him that make them a big contender.   One or two other schools on his list have similar opportunities to OSU, so which ever school/staff makes him feel comfortable likely is the one with the leg up going into his final days of decision making. 

5 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Kharchla confirmed headed to Ohio State.  Huge class for Ohio State, potentially a #1 overall group.  

Now includes 3 guys who look like surefire multi-AA's, and potential champs in Decatur, Kerkvliet, and now Kharchla.  

I think he tips the scales in favor of the Bucks winning another NCAA title.  But Cael and the surging Hawks will obviously try to prove me wrong.  

I wouldn’t say he’s their’s to lose. But they do have some nice “amenities” for him that make them a big contender.   One or two other schools on his list have similar opportunities to OSU, so which ever school/staff makes him feel comfortable likely is the one with the leg up going into his final days of decision making. 

And as I was saying....

The impending Kharchla / Marinelli battles will be epic.  Marinelli will be heavily favored going into the first bout... Kharchla has the "it" factor going for him, and his upside may be huge still.  A relative unknown 12-18 months ago... and now... a coveted "prize".  Neat story for sure.

4 minutes ago, PhiferFuqua said:

Wow. Tom Ryan continuing to widen the gulf between his current team and his alma mater!

So, does that mean we have a bet on which team finishes higher between Iowa and tOSU?  Considering there already exists a gulf to "widen", will you spot me any points if we bet?

Iowa will finish ahead of Bucks this year, but for average finish the following 4 to 5 years I will take Thee Ohio State University over Iowa. Ryan recruits better than Brands. 

Edited by TBar1977

14 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

I'll take that bet, TBar.

what are the terms? 

If I win I get bragging rights on this bet, and if you win then you get the bragging rights on this bet. You might say that is no fun, but that is the only way that I bet on the Internet. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

If I win I get bragging rights on this bet, and if you win then you get the bragging rights on this bet. You might say that is no fun, but that is the only way that I bet on the Internet. 

fair enough.

thinking about it more, it could be closer than i though.

friendly bet it is.