Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Kharchla is gonna be 3 or 4 timer

Said it in the other thread, but given his love (and ability) for freestyle, would be happy if he decided to forego folk and just train at the OTC or an RTC.  Or maybe do a Brooks and spend his redshirt year focused on freestyle. 

I'm certainly not "in the know" or anything. I coach in Central Ohio and I havent heard anything as far as where he's leaning.

Certainly hope he ends up a buck, but he's going to be tremendous wherever he lands. 

If not tOSU, I hope he ends up at NC State. 

3 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I really don't want him to end up at tOSU, here is another chance to call me a broken record, he'll never learn to wrestle on the mat. NC State would be great.

I think its funny, and Im a buckeye fan obviously lol.

I dont agree, but I also dont have a good/rational explanation of tOSU's troubles on bottom. Sasso will be a pretty good indication of if it's really a problem, or if it was just a long string of bad luck/coincidence(?) Dude has the capacity to be another Jaggers. 

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

I really don't want him to end up at tOSU, here is another chance to call me a broken record, he'll never learn to wrestle on the mat. NC State would be great.

A strong joke, but not really all that accurate excepting Micah and Bo(depending on the year).

125: NaTo-Was very good in all 3 positions.

133: Pletcher-Wasn't a turner, but won his share of matches 1 or 2 point matches because he had no issues on bottom.

141: McKenna-Had no issues all season(other than the fluky Thorn loss) and made a poor decision to not choose bottom against Meredith.

149: Hayes-Moved well in both mat positions excepting against Zain(welcome to the club).

157: M. Jordan-One of the worst top level wrestlers on bottom that I have ever watched wrestle.

165: Campbell-Strong on top, decent on bottom until his gas tank inevitably emptied in the 3rd.

174: BoJo-Depended on what year.  Was a monster his 1st 2 season on the mat.  Regressed his last 2 seasons.

184: Martin-Very good in all 3 positions.

197: Moore-Without weight issues was as good or better than anyone at the weight in all 3 positions.

285: Snyder-Was as good as he felt like being on the mat.

Edited by MSU158

Carson is a great story.  His father did not let him compete until 8th grade, but he still trained relentlessly.  He did not finish a high school folk season until his junior year, when he won it all.  His father is, in my opinion, the best teacher out there, a demanding technical genius.  Great to see him excelling with such a bright future ahead.

2 hours ago, MSU158 said:

A strong joke, but not really all that accurate excepting Micah and Bo(depending on the year).

125: NaTo-Was very good in all 3 positions.

133: Pletcher-Wasn't a turner, but won his share of matches 1 or 2 point matches because he had no issues on bottom.

141: McKenna-Had no issues all season(other than the fluky Thorn loss) and made a poor decision to not choose bottom against Meredith.

149: Hayes-Moved well in both mat positions excepting against Zain(welcome to the club).

157: M. Jordan-One of the worst top level wrestlers on bottom that I have ever watched wrestle.

165: Campbell-Strong on top, decent on bottom until his gas tank inevitably emptied in the 3rd.

174: BoJo-Depended on what year.  Was a monster his 1st 2 season on the mat.  Regressed his last 2 seasons.

184: Martin-Very good in all 3 positions.

197: Moore-Without weight issues was as good or better than anyone at the weight in all 3 positions.

285: Snyder-Was as good as he felt like being on the mat.

I should have kept troll records, but I just remember them going neutral constantly at NCAAs, and not just against beasts on top. I sort of agree with this break down, but I'd say guys like Bojo, Campbell, Moore are wholesale supporters of my position. As far as an accountable staff goes, I don't see a huge difference between saying "They don't coach mat wrestling well," and "they don't get out because their guys are in bad shape and don't manage their weight properly."

I am being overly critical probably but i just have to point out when I see a program doing a little with a whole lot. 

6 hours ago, iGranby said:

Dude has the capacity to be another Jaggers. 

I doubt Carson K can make the cut to 141.  

(edit) * Ya never know, He may be the next Eric Grajales. Has some accolades in HS, ends up with a single All-American title in college.  

Edited by stp

I can see the Jaggers-Sasso comparison.  Both are gamers who have a high wrestling IQ and a knack for cradling.  Carson Karchla is a stud.  I know there are some tOSU haters out there but it's a great training situation for folk and freestyle, he can be part of a title contending team (hopefully), and he stays close to the old man.  I'm hearing he doesn't cut big weight and is projecting at 165.

1 hour ago, stp said:

I doubt Carson K can make the cut to 141.  

(edit) * Ya never know, He may be the next Eric Grajales. Has some accolades in HS, ends up with a single All-American title in college.  

Was talking about Sasso. 

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

I think it was a Sasso reference. 

Its a superficial comparison on the level that they both cradle....but its not on the level that he has the potential to take some bad losses and still be dangerous in March.

Correct I think they are more similar than you give credit for, but I agree on the last bit at least. Again, he's legit. Hope he does well in any case. 

Are the any legs to the rumors that Miron and the tOSU staff had a falling out?  Since Carson is considering tOSU probably not, but curious if he ever actually trains with the Ohio RTC.  With BoJo involved there as a coach that's a perfect folkstyle training partner/coach for him. 

Edited by Gantry

11 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I didn't know he was a Miron guy, but even the most immature club coach in America couldn't sustain a career if they were running interference on tOSU. That said after about 23 posts bashing tOSU, but obviously they are the #2 program in the country right now.

Well he’s more of a Miron son than he is a Miron guy.  

59 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Hellickson fired Miron.  Best thing that ever happened to Miron.  The long list of proteges he's coached speaks for itself; his son is one of many.

The "sins" of the Hellickson are not the "sins" of the Ryan.  Leadership changes are everything with programs.  Miron is a legend, pure and simple, just like Milkovich, Romano, Urbas, Riggs, Jordan(s), Derlan, etc. etc. etc. in Ohio.  The "best" case for Carson is that he stays where he can be the "hometown" hero, and STILL receive WORLD CLASS training, mentoring, and guidance.  Snyder in your corner?  C'mon... no brainer.