Gantry

Chavez out, Perkins in

What I find interesting is that it is across all three groups. Injury mitigation should be very high on the priority list of world team members. I heard stories that John Smith was very particular about who he would wrestle when he was training for worlds/oly and I would think this would be normal.

44 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Have we ever seen so many replacements after line-ups were established?

And three associated with Cornell:  Arujau (U23 FS), Garrett (Senior FS), now Chavez (Senior GR).  At least Berreyesa got through his GR tournament.

26 minutes ago, klehner said:

And three associated with Cornell:  Arujau (U23 FS), Garrett (Senior FS), now Chavez (Senior GR).  At least Berreyesa got through his GR tournament.

Garrett isn’t at Cornell anymore

Dake used to get injured a lot though

Hopefully this isn’t as bad at it seems. 

43 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Garrett isn’t at Cornell anymore

Jeez, people are picky today.  Do you know what "associated with" means?  I'm "associated with" Cornell, despite having graduated in 1980.  Garrett and Dake will always be "associated with" Cornell.

37 minutes ago, klehner said:

Jeez, people are picky today.  Do you know what "associated with" means?  I'm "associated with" Cornell, despite having graduated in 1980.  Garrett and Dake will always be "associated with" Cornell.

It is a relevant distinction here. The implication was Cornell was doing something wrong in their training causing these injuries. It’s not fair to group Garrett’s injury in with the others, because he doesn’t train at Cornell. 

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

It is a relevant distinction here. The implication was Cornell was doing something wrong in their training causing these injuries. It’s not fair to group Garrett’s injury in with the others, because he doesn’t train at Cornell. 

Just because you wrongly interpreted what I wrote doesn't mean there was any implication of Cornell and their training methods.  And we don't even know that Arujau is injured, as there could be five other reasons for him to drop out.

1 hour ago, klehner said:

Just because you wrongly interpreted what I wrote doesn't mean there was any implication of Cornell and their training methods.  And we don't even know that Arujau is injured, as there could be five other reasons for him to drop out.

Dude, what the heck are you saying? As part of a thread that starts with mention of epidemic you write "and three associated with Cornell". Housebuye ain't the only person who 'wrongly interpreted' your 'thoughtful' 'contribution' to this thread.

Edited by jon
Fixed a quotation so that it contains the correct wording, however silly that quotation may be.

1 hour ago, jon said:

Dude, what the heck are you saying? As part of a thread that starts with mention of epidemic you write "and three associated with Cornell". Housebuye ain't the only person who 'wrongly interpreted' your 'thoughtful' 'contribution' to this thread.

And I took it to mean that of the four people who have made World teams and are associated with Cornell, so far three of them have dropped out for various reasons. Also, since the man said he wasn't directing anything at Cornell's training methods, maybe we ought to give him the benefit of the doubt instead of jumping down his ****ing throat. It's what makes message boards so infuriating. People who would never dream of arguing with somebody face to face for whatever reason including the fact that they're just wrong will beat a dead horse to death on a message board because they don't have to look the man in the face and to try to impress others. I'll get down now.

13 hours ago, klehner said:

Let’s all calm down

clearly there was some confusion based on your post. It’s not what you meant, but a few of us misinterpreted it. Not a big deal. Let’s go grab a beer. 

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Let’s all calm down

clearly there was some confusion based on your post. It’s not what you meant, but a few of us misinterpreted it. Not a big deal. Let’s go grab a beer. 

Great idea, I'll buy in Pittsburgh.  One round, cheap domestics. 

2 hours ago, JBluegill133 said:

I feel like i read something about weight being an issue for Chavez,  although I can't find the source. 

Was in the article I linked, but they said this was an injury not weight.  72kilos has to be really tough for him to make, but given that he dropped out with weeks left it almost certainly legit that it wasn't weight.

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

Was in the article I linked, but they said this was an injury not weight.  72kilos has to be really tough for him to make, but given that he dropped out with weeks left it almost certainly legit that it wasn't weight.

It was an eye injury:  he just couldn't see making 72kg.