Sign in to follow this  
JBluegill133

Stoll and Turk

4 hours ago, Ching said:
I wrote a song called "Sam Stohl" (only has one verse)

Sam Stohl came home,
To his roomate's par-tee
After serving in the conflict at Erie.
And the time that he served,
Had shattered all his nerves,
And left a little shrapnel in his knees.
But the Yuengling eased the pain,
And the grass grew round his brain,
And gave him all the confidence he lacked,
With a wooden trophy and a monkey on his back.

There's a hole in Sammy's knee where all the scholly goes,
Tommy lied for nothin I suppose.
Little froshies have big ears,
Don't stop to count the years,
Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios.

I'm a John Prine fan also.

On 10/11/2018 at 10:25 AM, Housebuye said:

Is that really what happened?

No.  " Police were notified about the shooting at 4:37 a.m...". "A preliminary investigation revealed that several people were in a residence on Valley Avenue in Iowa City, blocks away from UI's Carver-Hawkeye Arena, when a person discharged a firearm, accidentally striking Stoll in the knee, according to police. "

https://www.press-citizen.com/story/news/2018/06/19/accidental-firearm-discharge-lands-iowa-city-man-hospital-sam-stoll/713964002/

The prank story was as concocted as the "I shot myself in the garage" story.

if I am sleeping and someone, unknown, ( Turk obviously didn't know who it was ) enters my bedroom I would have to assume I am in DANGER. THAT person is in much trouble (ie. danger)..... hope it is you house.

After an investigation Turk was not charged. If that isn't enough for you......go ahead and enter someones bedroom while they are sleeping. See what happens.

1 hour ago, wrestlingphish said:

Since you are asking you must agree it is a matter of opinion.

It is fair to assume that people would agree: Stoll shouldn't have been shot. Technically almost everything is subjective. Come on. Want to answer the question?

Edited by Housebuye

Whether Stoll should have been shot or not does not determine whether Turk is a responsible gun owner. 

Unless you were there and understand every fact , including Turk's state of mind given how Stoll roused him out of bed, you can't make that call. The cops didn't even think it merited further examination. 

I won't judge Turk on that.

Edited by TBar1977

On 10/11/2018 at 2:16 AM, swoopdown said:

I don't know why Turk should be so severely punished; it's entirely Stoll's fault for being so big, he's very hard to miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya know, I've been thinking about it, I am sure most of the guys on the iowa wrestling team are pretty proficient hunters....if Turk would've missed such a big target as Stoll he probably would've been bullied (cyber or real life) and isolated from the team.  With regards to team unity, this whole situation may have been a blessing.  Cup 1/2 full kind of guy over here.

I don’t know the whole story either, but if Stoll is trying to scare him or prank him by “attacking” him in a dark bedroom, that sounds like a justifiable use of a firearm. Definitely does not mean Turk is not a responsible gun owner... we really don’t know that one way or another.

Turk's statement to police: "Last night I dreamt that I shot Stoll in my pajamas....... How he got in my pajamas I'll never know."

Stoll's statement to police: "Last night I dreamt that Turk shot me in his pajamas. How I got into his pajamas I'll never know."

Somebody knows something that they're withholding from the cops. Brands should keep them out of the lineup until they come clean. Those pajamas didn't dress themselves.

8e59f2495ec5424b5799b1fe80286852.jpg

If Turk had hit Stoll’s Femoral artery aka Sean Taylor murder, people either would be screaming “bloody murder” or “Stupid idiot Turk.” Stoll would’ve been in grave while Turk would’ve sat in jail.

Why did Turk have the gun with him while sleeping? Isn’t Iowa City supposed to be safe? Is Turk that stupid idiot who is afraid of anything that he has to have the gun with him all time?

Wrestlers aren’t the cowards. If it was up to me, I would have tossed Turk off team for being stupid coward idiot who depends on guns rather than wrestle.

7 hours ago, Buckeyebison said:

If Turk had hit Stoll’s Femoral artery aka Sean Taylor murder, people either would be screaming “bloody murder” or “Stupid idiot Turk.” Stoll would’ve been in grave while Turk would’ve sat in jail.

Why did Turk have the gun with him while sleeping? Isn’t Iowa City supposed to be safe? Is Turk that stupid idiot who is afraid of anything that he has to have the gun with him all time?

Wrestlers aren’t the cowards. If it was up to me, I would have tossed Turk off team for being stupid coward idiot who depends on guns rather than wrestle.

Glad it wasn't more serious and we are able to joke about the situation.  To each their own, if turk obtained his gun in a legal way then that is his right to have.  Possessing a firearm for protection and safety doesn't make him a "coward" as much as someone not wanting to be around guns makes them a "wuss".  I do believe after this situation a re-training in gun safety or something like that as part of the punishment would be appropriate though.