Sign in to follow this  
GranbyTroll

International Wrestlers who could have done well in folkstyle?

On 10/15/2018 at 5:15 PM, Housebuye said:

Miron wrestled for you?! That's so cool. 

Any other stories you can share about him?

Good Miron Story:

In '92, he was fascinated by the idea of the presidential election debates.  He was still learning English but was picking things up quickly; he took an English-Russian dictionary with him everywhere he went and he was learning fast.  He watched the first debate between Clinton and Bush intently, taking in as much as he could, asking a lot of questions.

"John, what happens next," he asked me when it was over.

"Well," I said, "they'll see how they did on this debate and get ready for the next one."

"No," he said, digging deep. "What will happen tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow?" I asked, a bit puzzled.

"Yes, tomorrow, will Bush's army attack Clinton's army?  Clinton was very disrespectful.  Bush is still president."

I realized then what a different world he was coming from.  He was almost in disbelief when I told him that there were no armies, no armed forces would attack anyone, they would just get ready for the next debate.  Keep in mind he is from Abkhazia, which had declared independence from Georgia, which not long before had declared independence when the USSR split up.  Abkhazia and Georgia fought a bloody, horrible war in which his father and other relatives were killed.  It was very sobering to see the world through his eyes.

Many, many stories like that over the years.  He taught me much more than wrestling.

1 hour ago, Coach_J said:

Good Miron Story:

In '92, he was fascinated by the idea of the presidential election debates.  He was still learning English but was picking things up quickly; he took an English-Russian dictionary with him everywhere he went and he was learning fast.  He watched the first debate between Clinton and Bush intently, taking in as much as he could, asking a lot of questions.

"John, what happens next," he asked me when it was over.

"Well," I said, "they'll see how they did on this debate and get ready for the next one."

"No," he said, digging deep. "What will happen tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow?" I asked, a bit puzzled.

"Yes, tomorrow, will Bush's army attack Clinton's army?  Clinton was very disrespectful.  Bush is still president."

I realized then what a different world he was coming from.  He was almost in disbelief when I told him that there were no armies, no armed forces would attack anyone, they would just get ready for the next debate.  Keep in mind he is from Abkhazia, which had declared independence from Georgia, which not long before had declared independence when the USSR split up.  Abkhazia and Georgia fought a bloody, horrible war in which his father and other relatives were killed.  It was very sobering to see the world through his eyes.

Many, many stories like that over the years.  He taught me much more than wrestling.

So interesting. He grew up in a completely different environment than anyone I know. His perspective is unique 

Please share more! He should do a vlog of all of this

I abhor political discussions on wrestling forums, leave your pro AND anti Trump rhetoric at the door please, but that Miron story should remind all of us here in the USA of just how good we really have it and that we should continue to strive for peaceful discourse on our differing views.