Sign in to follow this  
cmsu34

Streaming options for worlds

23 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

In the past, simply spoofing your location outside the U.S. enabled free access to track streams. In other words, they were only charging people located within the U.S. Are you saying that Track was supposed to blackout their stream outside the U.S. and they violated the terms of their deal by making it available for free outside the U.S. market?  Or are you saying that starting this year it will now be blacked out?

And JB, apologies if I implied that anything related to the streaming service is corrupt.  I have no doubt that anything you're affiliated with is 100% legitimate.  I just mean UWW the organization, from which track has purchased the rights to stream, is corrupt. 

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. The only people who watch Trackwrestling streams of UWW events are people in the U.S. Internationally, fans will go to their respective rights-holder (as noted with India above) or right to the UWW website. I don't know where you jumped to the conclusion about violating terms. That isn't how any of this works. I've repeated myself enough that I thought it was clear. UWW contracts to Track for the U.S. market. They contracted Flo before that. Track is the U.S. rights holder for UWW events and has nothing to do with streams outside of the U.S. There are others out there too. Some countries don't have those deals in place with their federations or the international federation. 

The FILA regime had its well-documented corruption issues. In the last five years, while not perfect, UWW has made tremendous gains with excellent hires and an emphasis on promoting the sport. 2013 was a gut-check. I think the new regime and staff UWW's hired is doing everything they can to try to gain the trust of the wrestling public. I will say this with some trepidation, not EVERY bad call is a sign of corruption. Sometimes they're just bad calls. I mean, we have a verb named after an NCAA official for a bad call, but I digress. 

the Olympic channel appears to be showing all sessions live. This is part of NBC Sports, download the NBC Sports app and the Olympic Channel is part of the app.

shows Sunday 1pm starts live on the NBC Sports app, it's right on the home page.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2018/October/17/NBC-Olympics-to-present-live-coverage-of-2018-Senior-World-Championships-in-Budapest

11 minutes ago, DuckFor2 said:

the Olympic channel appears to be showing all sessions live. This is part of NBC Sports, download the NBC Sports app and the Olympic Channel is part of the app.

shows Sunday 1pm starts live on the NBC Sports app, it's right on the home page.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2018/October/17/NBC-Olympics-to-present-live-coverage-of-2018-Senior-World-Championships-in-Budapest

As the schedule you linked shows, we will not be showing all sessions live on the Olympic channel.  We will have finals live on the Olympic Channel and all other sessions live and archived for future viewing on TrackWrestling.  

17 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Add me to the list of those who think it has been unfair for the U.S. to be the only country to have to pay to watch on track.  If certain geolocations can no longer access the stream for free, as they have been able to in the past, then I will be happy to pay-just as I do for flowrestling and have for BTDN.  However, I do not believe it is the job of the U.S. wrestling fan to subsidize the already corrupt UWW operations for the rest of the world.  

According to JBryant, fans from India, Russia, and maybe 1-3 other countries will also have to pay to stream.  That does not make me, however, feel less annoyed.

Edited by Katie

On 10/17/2018 at 8:35 PM, JasonBryant said:

they pretty much are. very little crossover. Do you need an address to send a check? 

As soon as they are completely separated, I will pay----via Paypal.

12 hours ago, JasonBryant said:

Nah, you're all talk, just like the other account you're posting from. 

I'm not posting from any other account.  Like others on here, since the upgrade I can no longer access my old account and haven't used it in months.

Great showing by Greco this weekend, BTW, huh?  Shut it down.  No-one cares about it in the US and there won't be fake PC outrage about it -- like there is when people state that they don't find women's wrestling entertaining either.   Shut down Greco and put the funds to better use.