Sign in to follow this  
cmsu34

Streaming options for worlds

The stream for the past few World's have worked fine, even before Trackwrestling took it over. Hope this year it works again without any glitches or crashes, especially if and when there is an American in the finals. I paid for the annual Track subscription too and expect it to stream without flaws, like it did when we didn't have to pay.

15 minutes ago, cmsu34 said:

Thank you, just skeptical to pay more money the last time I paid for a track tournament it pooped out. So no UWW for this one?

UWW contracts with Track to stream to the U.S. viewership. UWW is sending that signal out to its vendors (the U.S. isn't the only country that has a vendor charging PPV access).

A comparison would be how NBC owns the broadcast rights for the Olympics in the U.S., even though the streams originate from OBS (Olympic Broadcasting Service). If you're watching the Olympics in Canada, you're not watching NBC, you're watching/streaming on who holds the Canadian rights.  

1 hour ago, JasonBryant said:

So it’s your belief $3.33 per day is too expensive for an event that spans nine days?

In the next four weeks, If I wanted to watch Worlds, Michigan State Open, Bearcat Open, Princeton Open, and the Grand View Open, it would run me $90 for a month's worth of tournament coverage-- almost the value of a year of Flo

Out of either pure laziness or greed, and for the third year in a row,  track refuses to put out a viable subscription model for dedicated wrestling fans.  They rather target the pockets of mom and pop who are trying to get a look-in at their kid. 

LemonPie -  Our pricing model was not formulated by some form of laziness or greed.  In fact it is the exact opposite.  It takes much more time and effort to organize the number of tournaments hosted on our platform vs a smaller sample size of only marquee events.  In addition, we pay money from subscriptions back to the tournaments that stream their events.  This allows local, state, and national tournament directors to partner with Trackwrestling to grow their event and get the proceeds from that growth back into their hands.    

Of the tournaments you listed the only ones that are streamed BY "Trackwrestling" are the Worlds.  The others are streamed TO Trackwrestling by the individual events.  We understand it isn't exactly the same model employed by other companies.  We are offering something different to the market that is clearly wanted, as shown by the hundreds of tournaments that are streamed monthly.  

We offer bundled content currently when we can, as shown by our UWW Season Pass, and others over the course of the year.   We are also working diligently to bring new and innovative ways to distribute content, including free wrestling streams when possible, while continuing to allow any level of tournament to stream their content if they so choose.  We understand this will not appeal to everyone, however we know it appeals to a whole lot of both tournament directors and viewers.

1 hour ago, LemonPie said:

They rather target the pockets of mom and pop who are trying to get a look-in at their kid. 

No -- Flo is the product targeted to parents and Track is the product that serves as a counter-, a rival-, a check to Flo. LemonPie's gripe is legit but perhaps Track pricing is a feature not a bug. Lock-in a bad thing! Especially when it's really lock-in plus sketchy billing plus sketchy customer service!

Thank you, Dennis, for the thoughtful, targeted, nonsnarky, nongrandiose response.

Edited by jon
Added sentence about lock-in.

On 10/15/2018 at 8:41 PM, JasonBryant said:

UWW contracts with Track to stream to the U.S. viewership. UWW is sending that signal out to its vendors (the U.S. isn't the only country that has a vendor charging PPV access).

A comparison would be how NBC owns the broadcast rights for the Olympics in the U.S., even though the streams originate from OBS (Olympic Broadcasting Service). If you're watching the Olympics in Canada, you're not watching NBC, you're watching/streaming on who holds the Canadian rights.  

I dont know any other country than USA where you cant watch uww stream via their homepage for free. Fortunately in europe we can watch for free.

17 minutes ago, FreestyleWrestler said:

I dont know any other country than USA where you cant watch uww stream via their homepage for free. Fortunately in europe we can watch for free.

There's a handful, when I know for sure, I will reply with that information. 

2 hours ago, TWDennis said:

LemonPie -  Our pricing model was not formulated by some form of laziness or greed.  In fact it is the exact opposite.  It takes much more time and effort to organize the number of tournaments hosted on our platform vs a smaller sample size of only marquee events.  In addition, we pay money from subscriptions back to the tournaments that stream their events.  This allows local, state, and national tournament directors to partner with Trackwrestling to grow their event and get the proceeds from that growth back into their hands.    

Of the tournaments you listed the only ones that are streamed BY "Trackwrestling" are the Worlds.  The others are streamed TO Trackwrestling by the individual events.  We understand it isn't exactly the same model employed by other companies.  We are offering something different to the market that is clearly wanted, as shown by the hundreds of tournaments that are streamed monthly.  

We offer bundled content currently when we can, as shown by our UWW Season Pass, and others over the course of the year.   We are also working diligently to bring new and innovative ways to distribute content, including free wrestling streams when possible, while continuing to allow any level of tournament to stream their content if they so choose.  We understand this will not appeal to everyone, however we know it appeals to a whole lot of both tournament directors and viewers.

i hope UWW will be like Flo Wrestling. for all the tournaments will have to pay. Subscription

9 minutes ago, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

i hope UWW will be like Flo Wrestling. for all the tournaments will have to pay. Subscription

They are a different company, doing great things on their own.  Our position is different in the market place, and I believe the wrestling world is fine with both options from the data we have seen over the past few years.  

Not quite on topic but I do want to say: I'm rooting hard for Track. "Grow wrestling" happens only without lock-in. I hope  Track provides the 'unlocked' channel that I think "grow wrestling" needs. Track service has room to improve but there's nothing to suggest Track organization inept. I don't have the impression that Track is in over its head.

21 minutes ago, jon said:

Not quite on topic but I do want to say: I'm rooting hard for Track. "Grow wrestling" happens only without lock-in. I hope  Track provides the 'unlocked' channel that I think "grow wrestling" needs. Track service has room to improve but there's nothing to suggest Track organization inept. I don't have the impression that Track is in over its head.

I would love-- ****ING LOVE-- to support trackwrestling.  Dashboard "time-outs" aside, their software is is mostly superior to FloArena.  Fantastic database with tournament results that are easily arranged by weight, team, age , etc.  FloArena can't even support dual tournaments at this point and Track has been doing it for over a decade.   Plus, guys like Andy Hamilton and JB are good dudes to have on board. 

So, please.  Do better, Track.  Or at least try. 

Edited by LemonPie

Despite the, increasingly desperate, attempts at justification from  TWDennis, Bryant and Willis; the fact remains that the American fan is being badly treated and used as a cash cow. Charging a fee for the Worlds when the rest of the world is getting a better feed for free, is nothing other than contempt. I was trained in folk style at a local USAF base in the UK back in the 1990's. My American trainer was very vocal on the failure of US wrestling to back its fans or athletes. Nothing seems to have changed. My sport used to be Judo and I still follow the sport quite closely. Both the international and nation bodies are supportive of its athletes and fan base.  Order equipment, videos, books and you get them quick  - with USWrestling you wait six months or have to claim back on your credit card. This is the reality and if members of USWrestling made as much effort in improving its service as it does making excuses, then it might become an approachable useful organization. 

Edited by THEMAN
grammer

Enjoy!  My dream is to make a World or Olympic wrestling tournament outside of the US.  I was at The Garden when we hosted the World Freestyle there.  This will be a fascinating once in a lifetime spectacle...or maybe not.

7 hours ago, Peso said:

Enjoy!  My dream is to make a World or Olympic wrestling tournament outside of the US.  I was at The Garden when we hosted the World Freestyle there.  This will be a fascinating once in a lifetime spectacle...or maybe not.

I have been been:

2009 Herning,Danmark 

2010 Moscow, Russia

2013 Budapest,Hungary

2015 Las Vegas, USA

2017 Paris, France

2018 Budapest, Hungary (on this friday start my sixth trip to world championship)