Sign in to follow this  
Tofurky

Hawkeyes of old?

Green backed up a lot but he used it (successfully) to set up his shot. He had probably 6-7 shots compared to DSJ's 1. Hard to hit a guy for stalling very much in that scenario.

Green whipped his butt. He actually wrestled. Whether one wants to whine about stalling, it's the offense before the stalling that matters.

Whipped his butt? Hardly. If Green doesn't get a 3 minute brake before the 3rd period, I suspect he breaks and loses in the end every other time they wrestled.

Green backed up a lot but he used it (successfully) to set up his shot. He had probably 6-7 shots compared to DSJ's 1. Hard to hit a guy for stalling very much in that scenario.

Green whipped his butt. He actually wrestled. Whether one wants to whine about stalling, it's the offense before the stalling that matters.

Whipped his butt? Hardly. If Green doesn't get a 3 minute brake before the 3rd period, I suspect he breaks and loses in the end every other time they wrestled.

AHHH but not this time!

Green whipped him, no doubt. He wasn't stalling (maybe the last what, 20 seconds? But who doesn't)? He didn't look tired. His shots were all legit shots.

Some Iowa fans are just dumb. St. John lost and didn't look very good.

Green is my pick (as I picked him a long time ago, before he and DSJ wrestled in the dual) to win NCAA's.

1. Penn State 123.0

2. Minnesota 112.5

3. Iowa 109.0

Why was this topic ever created? I think the same people who bang pots and pans together and call that a New Years Eve celebration are the same sort who created this topic :)

I am not a Hawk fan at all, just a wrestling fan, and anyone who thinks and says StJ is a thug is either stupid or a liar. I have met and talked to him many times and know many who know him very well, and ALL think he is an exceptional person, wrestler and friend.

I am not a Hawk fan at all, just a wrestling fan, and anyone who thinks and says StJ is a thug is either stupid or a liar. I have met and talked to him many times and know many who know him very well, and ALL think he is an exceptional person, wrestler and friend.

That's all Well and Good ... Yet have you ever wrestled him ?? Therein lies the current issues being discussed in this thread. I'm sure he is a good guy to shoot pool with, and tip back a cold one ... yet the discussion(s) over this season are about ON THE MAT.

:lol: .... it all went to pot, that's for sure.

1. Penn State 123.0

2. Minnesota 112.5

3. Iowa 109.0

Why was this topic ever created? I think the same people who bang pots and pans together and call that a New Years Eve celebration are the same sort who created this topic :)

I'm sure St. John is a nice guy off the mat, but he is a relentless eye poker on it. No joke. I have no problem with head slaps, but deliberate hands to the eyes isn't what this sport should be about. Does poking eyes prove who the better wrestler is? Nope.

I'm sure St. John is a nice guy off the mat, but he is a relentless eye poker on it. No joke. I have no problem with head slaps, but deliberate hands to the eyes isn't what this sport should be about. Does poking eyes prove who the better wrestler is? Nope.

Nope, and he might be better served learning to get out from bottom.People used to say Burroughs backed up too, but at the end of the match, it is the number of legitimate shot attemps, and ultimately scoring attempts that wins matches.Moving oponants backward while not really taking shots works better at Carver, where everyone is yelling stalling.

Nope, and he might be better served learning to get out from bottom.People used to say Burroughs backed up too, but at the end of the match, it is the number of legitimate shot attemps, and ultimately scoring attempts that wins matches.Moving oponants backward while not really taking shots works better at Carver, where everyone is yelling stalling.

Because Carver is the only place Iowa has ever won.

Because Carver is the only place Iowa has ever won.

No, just saying the pushing "Iowa style' works better there. with the fans, and officials hired.

Wouldn't it be interesting if there was a John Trenge type at 157 to respond appropriately to St. John's repeated eye gouging tactics?? :geek:

Wow. Funny Hawk fans. good thing they dropped the olympics.

Because Jordan Burroughs signature style and winning formula should be outlawed in your opinion.

Just b/c your guy loses, you say the other guy cheated. Don't you folks even remember the Iowa Wrestling Poem from back in the day?

he toiled on with faith and pluck and when he won men called it luck.

I wanted Iowa to outpace Penn St. too, but you know what...it goes like this...first we will be best and THEN we will be first.

The pin call against Alton in his match against DSJ was a joke. His right shoulder was never down. The ref was to Alton's left, but the camera was to his right. Ref couldn't see right shoulder.

The pin call against Alton in his match against DSJ was a joke. His right shoulder was never down. The ref was to Alton's left, but the camera was to his right. Ref couldn't see right shoulder.
good one

DSJ should have won and rightfully so, but I thought that call was crazy myself.

good one

DSJ should have won and rightfully so, but I thought that call was crazy myself.

He was flat for over 2 seconds. For the millionth time, your shoulders don't have to be on the mat.