Sign in to follow this  
TheOhioState

2018 Ohio State wrestle-off information

2 hours ago, pish6969 said:

Lol. You love using PSU for examples to get us roped in. Romero not close to Lee as prospect. Most PSU fans were predicting AA for Lee. We all knew he was better than Cortez it was just a matter of Cael thought he needed the points. When Cortez got hurt it was mute point.

Romero is what I call raw talent. Athletic kid that’s just scratching the surface of his wrestling ability. 2 yrs from now he may be a beast. But a raw undersized 165 not going to come close to AA this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as a point of order the word you are looking for is moot:

ADJECTIVE
  1. subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty.
    "whether the temperature rise was mainly due to the greenhouse effect was a moot point" ·
    "it is a moot point whether such a controversial scheme would have succeeded"

There are no mute points.

ADJECTIVE
  1. refraining from speech or temporarily speechless.
    "Irene, the talkative one, was now mute"

Sorry just a pet peeve.

Just as a point of order the word you are looking for is moot:

ADJECTIVE

1. subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty. "whether the temperature rise was mainly due to the greenhouse effect was a moot point" · "it is a moot point whether such a controversial scheme would have succeeded"  
There are no mute points.

ADJECTIVE

1. refraining from speech or temporarily speechless. "Irene, the talkative one, was now mute"   Sorry just a pet peeve.

Thank you spelling police. Life must be boring to worry about spelling errors on a message board that most people use their phones to type with.

Way to add to the discussion

6 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

Thank you spelling police. Life must be boring to worry about spelling errors on a message board that most people use their phones to type with.

It isn't a spelling mistake. They are two different words with two very different meanings.

6 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

You used the wrong word. It's not spelling - it's education.

I will refrain from ever making that correction. I see it used incorrectly so often on message boards that is bugs me just like when a hear people constantly say supposebly (not a word).

I apologize. I didn't mean to divert the argument about the hypothetical discussion of wrestlers careers results based upon a single wrestle-off.

Micah Jordan will not win a National Championship as an NCAA wrestler in my opinion. It will be a big disappointment based upon the recruiting hype.

2 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

There's a right and a wrong way to do grammar or verbiage corrections on a forum...

What JeanGuy said was completely fine, he wasn't trying to be rude I don't think.  

I taught HS English for years and appreciate correct grammar. 

But correcting grammar in non-official communications is pointless.  Half the people on this forum are typing on a phone.  A chunk are talk typing.  As long as you can understand what was intended who cares.  

Just now, JeanGuy said:

I will refrain from ever making that correction. I see it used incorrectly so often on message boards that is bugs me just like when a hear people constantly say supposebly (not a word).

I apologize. I didn't mean to divert the argument about the hypothetical discussion of wrestlers careers results based upon a single wrestle-off.

Micah Jordan will not win a National Championship as an NCAA wrestler in my opinion. It will be a big disappointment based upon the recruiting hype.

The worst is all the people who talk about how dominate a wrestler is.  

But like I said, I just assume people are smart enough but informal. 

4 minutes ago, boconnell said:

The worst is all the people who talk about how dominate a wrestler is.  

But like I said, I just assume people are smart enough but informal. 

That and when they claim a wrestler will "loose". 

9 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I taught HS English for years and appreciate correct grammar. 

But correcting grammar in non-official communications is pointless.  Half the people on this forum are typing on a phone.  A chunk are talk typing.  As long as you can understand what was intended who cares.  

The guy apologized in his initial post and said that it was a pet peeve, fair game as far as I'm concerned. 

If the board gets filled with grammar correction after grammar correction, or people were doing it to try to "embarrass" someone else, then I would agree it's a problem.  In this case I just think it's harmless. 

Thanks. Nice to know where you were coming from. Thought you were just breaking my chops.

I try to use proper grammar as much as I can even though this is a message board.

When I start typing moot on my phone it populates to mute.

I hear ya though. And thanks for the reply

18 hours ago, pish6969 said:

My impressions after watching it all. Thanks to Tan Tom for televising it. Was nice watching college wrestling again. I wish Cael would do this but now way in hell that happens.

125 Heinselman slick but too small right now. Probably shirt him

133. Pletcher looked great on top

149. Props to Jordan. Looked great that 2nd match. Hayes is one of this guys once he gets down it’s as if he gives up didn’t see any fight in him

165. Wasn’t impressed with Romero. Looks like a small 157 pounder to me decent neutral but didn’t show me anything special

171 Campbell is Campbell

184. Martin looked great as expected. Hoffman gonna be good. Kid has fight in him, and is a tricky wrestler with a lot of stuff Thought he showed himself well for a fresh against the former champ

197 Moore dominated

285. Wow Singeltary Wow

I agree that Romero is still a bit raw and will improve, but he is in no way undersized and is in fact pretty big for the weight.  Competed at 170 as a senior in HS and 174 last year in his redshirt year.  

1 hour ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Also whenever someone turns "dominate" into an adjective.  

One would think most forum users have noticed the word dominate correctly used as a verb, so why this word is continually substituted out for its adjective form is beyond reason. I suspect these are the same folks who incorrectly use that other term "loose".

I agree that Romero is still a bit raw and will improve, but he is in no way undersized and is in fact pretty big for the weight.  Competed at 170 as a senior in HS and 174 last year in his redshirt year.  

Was the kid he wrestled a giant 165 er? He looked a full weight class bigger to me. Maybe it was the crazy carrot top throwing me off

18 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

Was the kid he wrestled a giant 165 er? He looked a full weight class bigger to me. Maybe it was the crazy carrot top throwing me off

That kid's hair is called a "Wisconsinaskrenfro". 

6 hours ago, pish6969 said:

He is Greco style more than folk or free. Bronze in U23,i think it was Tbarr who picked up on his footwork being more Greco

22 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I thought Romero looked pretty good last night, but 165 will be a meat grinder this year so he may still not AA. 

Qualifying for nationals and winning a match or two would be a great year.  Reaching AA would be amazing.