Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Micah Jordan

Honestly, the guy gets knocked WAY TOO MUCH for how he wrestled against Retherford and Nolf.

Freshman year: He was 24-2, at 141, going into NCAA's with both of his losses being 1 point losses with his getting multiple escapes. He would end up R12 losing in the quarters to a very good rider in Randy Cruz 6-2 with escapes and 5-2 to Meredith(really good rider) with escapes. He finished 26-4.

Sophomore year: He finished 33-5, at 149, and ALL 5 losses were to Retherford and Sorenson(he also beat him at B1G's.) He placed 4th, losing to Sorenson in the quarters and for 3rd.

Junior year: He finished 25-9, up at 157, and EVERY loss was to an AA. He placed 6th.

Losses:
1. Shields 7-4. Also beat Shields 8-6
2,3,4 and 5 to Pantaleo 10-3, 12-7, 3-1 and 6-3
6. Kemerer 8-4. Also beat Kemerer by FALL.
7. Hidlay 6-3
8. Nolf 16-0
9. Berger 4-2 in OT.

So, other than Retherford and Nolf he was very competitive with very solid AA's.

TBar your a regular on the Penn State board. How can you seriously say that? Micah Jordan is constantly getting clowned I’m that board for his matches against the Penn Staters. To say otherwise is just foolish.

8 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Never saw anyone seriously knock Micah for losing to Nolf and Zain. I have seen him knocked for bottom position weakness.

Which was only really shown in THOSE matchups(and a few with Sorenson)................

You are absolutely wrong. This forum is for fan mentality rhetoric, and pointing out this trend is totally appropriate.

When you have the ultimate wrestling pedigree and attend the second most hyped school in the country, people are going to hold you to a high standard of performance. Pressure is a privilege. 

Call me when someone attacks his character. 

16 minutes ago, Aviator12 said:

TBar your a regular on the Penn State board. How can you seriously say that? Micah Jordan is constantly getting clowned I’m that board for his matches against the Penn Staters. To say otherwise is just foolish.

To be fair everyone with a connection to Ohio State gets “clowned” on that board 

24 minutes ago, Aviator12 said:

My post is about this board.

25 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Which was only really shown in THOSE matchups(and a few with Sorenson)................

Coming out of high school certain (not all) people on on this board used to say Micah was a better prospect than Nolf. 

I have only knocked him as being weak on bottom, and only in response to threads started by other people. People built him up and with all due respect his results are at the lowest posdible end of the range of possible results predicted for him.  

Honestly I think the main reason people "clown" him is because his progression hasn't been linear. He came in good as a freshman, and wrestled at a low AA (not title contender) level since then. People expect you to have a career like 8-4-2-1 or X-Q-R12-8, and interpret any year where you don't improve your NCAA placement as a regression. When in reality, NCAA's is just one day and luck (whether it be draw or key exchange in one match) can play more of a factor than us fans would like to admit.

To be fair everyone with a connection to Ohio State gets “clowned” on that board 

and you don’t think Tan Tom and his antics have nothing to do with that?

We clown but no one there disrespects their wrestlers.

99 out of 100x it’s in response to something Tan Tom did or said. The other 1 time is when Snyder said hes coming and bringing hell with him after Nolf was ruled out and then couldn’t deliver the bonus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

and you don’t think Tan Tom and his antics have nothing to do with that?

We clown but no one there disrespects their wrestlers.

99 out of 100x it’s in response to something Tan Tom did or said. The other 1 time is when Snyder said hes coming and bringing hell with him after Nolf was ruled out and then couldn’t deliver the bonus

Yeah you’re uhh reading way more into my comment then it needed to be. I said what I said because Micah isn’t the only one who gets talked about on there

11 minutes ago, somedude202 said:

Honestly I think the main reason people "clown" him is because his progression hasn't been linear. He came in good as a freshman, and wrestled at a low AA (not title contender) level since then. People expect you to have a career like 8-4-2-1 or X-Q-R12-8, and interpret any year where you don't improve your NCAA placement as a regression. When in reality, NCAA's is just one day and luck (whether it be draw or key exchange in one match) can play more of a factor than us fans would like to admit.

crazy thing is he can place way higher this year and shut everyone up.

but yeah we like our Abe 4-3-2-1 and Larkin ditto or St Johns rd 12-4-3-2 etc types. 

Yeah you’re uhh reading way more into my comment then it needed to be. I said what I said because Micah isn’t the only one who gets talked about on there

Just breaking your chops brother.

Maybe I’m crazy but I still see you guys as our biggest threat now and future

To specifically point out Jordan's inability to work off the bottom against ZR is 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Coming out of high school certain (not all) people on on this board used to say Micah was a better prospect than Nolf. 

I have only knocked him as being weak on bottom, and only in response to threads started by other people. People built him up and with all due respect his results are at the lowest posdible end of the range of possible results predicted for him.  

4th place losing to only ZR and Sorenson is the lowest possible range of possibilities for him? Actually that is the highest possible range of possibility for him for that year. 

Yes and the board sounds like a bunch of junior high imbeciles who name call and homer to the extreme at the expense of s rival. I think it’s both comical and sad. Why can’t your board just respect the sport and it’s athletes? ‘Tan Tom’s’ antics have built a pretty good program over the years...I’d say he’s doing something right. I’ve never seen him throw a fit and toss a marker unsportsmanlike....I know that.

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

To specifically point out Jordan's inability to work off the bottom against ZR is 

4th place losing to only ZR and Sorenson is the lowest possible range of possibilities for him? Actually that is the highest possible range of possibility for him for that year. 

That is for one tourney. His total number of losses and his cumulative record is about at the low end given the high expectations for him. When parts of your fanbase argues you are as good as Nolf, then you have to produce more to not be at that low end. 

19 minutes ago, Aviator12 said:

Yes and the board sounds like a bunch of junior high imbeciles who name call and homer to the extreme at the expense of s rival. I think it’s both comical and sad. Why can’t your board just respect the sport and it’s athletes? ‘Tan Tom’s’ antics have built a pretty good program over the years...I’d say he’s doing something right. I’ve never seen him throw a fit and toss a marker unsportsmanlike....I know that.

the board is supposed to sound like a bunch of junior high imbeciles. It's not an exclusive environment. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

That is for one tourney. His total number of losses and his cumulative record is about at the low end given the high expectations for him. When parts of your fanbase argues you are as good as Nolf, then you have to produce more to not be at that low end. 

So part of the fan base creates the realistic expectation to produce more than 2 AA finishes and less than 19 losses over 3 years? Hmmmm not sure that qualifies as the overall expectation when words like “part of a fan base” and “certain people on this board” create the entire narrative. 

1 hour ago, Aviator12 said:

Haven't seen him toss a marker. Have seen him throw fits. Guys missing big duals/tough match ups, I know they're hurting and feeling better for lower ranked guys and it just might help for seeding later on. Inj def. in 1st match of big 10s and come back healthy in consies is good medical staff. He has built a pretty good program. It seems like name calling isn't just for the junior high imbeciles, the sophisticated sport respecting guys name call while they're pointing out how much better they are than homer name callers.

1 hour ago, danoftw said:

Haven't seen him toss a marker. Have seen him throw fits. Guys missing big duals/tough match ups, I know they're hurting and feeling better for lower ranked guys and it just might help for seeding later on. Inj def. in 1st match of big 10s and come back healthy in consies is good medical staff. He has built a pretty good program. It seems like name calling isn't just for the junior high imbeciles, the sophisticated sport respecting guys name call while they're pointing out how much better they are than homer name callers.

Must I explain to you the difference between an irrelevant poster name calling another irrelevant poster and an irrelevant poster name calling innocent coaches and wrestlers who nowhere near deserve said name calling...?

Must I....? Really??