Sign in to follow this  
nom

Portion of posts

What’s your guess on the portion of posts on this particular board (college) that are:

1.  Informative and move along discussion in constructive way.

2.  Nit picky debate which goes on and on

3.  Snide comments putting down people

I’m going

Nice post.

I feel its more like 15, 50, 35.  It is hard to move on when you get insulted and spend 45 minutes preparing a spreadsheet to prove your salt. Also, what percent of the nit picky debate is over the adjectives describing Penn State's prowess?

It's truly a shame that this forum functions the way it does.  I would argue that SetonHallPirate is about as close as you can be to spot on.  I think a higher percentage start off as genuine and authentic, either raising a point, or asking sincere questions.  It's just that the snarky trolls take their swipes, because it makes them feel good or vindicated or whatever to spout off, thus ruining the original intention of the post.  

I gain a lot of insight from this forum, and I thank "most" of you for your help and perspectives.  But... some of you?  Seriously?  Lives need to be "gotten".  Maybe a little happiness found.  I dunno.

So many people have to get the last word in ad nauseam, they can't make a point an move on. 

It's easier than ever to put people on ignore, hover over their username and click Ignore User.  Please do it for people you can't stop getting into heated debates with, are straight up toxic, provide little benefit to a conversation,  etc. 

If I hadn't stumbled upon the board roughly 7 years ago, I wouldn't be working at USA Wrestling today. So obviously I have soft spot for it.

That being said, being a mod is a pain in the ass and bums me out more frequently than I thought it would.

1 hour ago, Willis said:

If I hadn't stumbled upon the board roughly 7 years ago, I wouldn't be working at USA Wrestling today. So obviously I have soft spot for it.

That being said, being a mod is a pain in the ass and bums me more frequently than I thought it would.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to this thing.  And thanks for also getting rid of those who give this forum, and the sport, a bad name.

I don't mind people who argue obnoxiously as long as they (1) sincerely think they're right and (2) don't base their opinion on the color of the singlet they root for.  

#1 rules out trolls who don't feel anything sincerely and are motivated by something I can't understand, and a lack of #2 results in 90% of the arguments on here.

If you are going back and forth without those 2, then I don't care how productive you are.  It's a discussion board and arguing is obnoxious, but it's definitely discussion.

13 hours ago, nom said:

What’s your guess on the portion of posts on this particular board (college) that are:

1.  Informative and move along discussion in constructive way.

2.  Nit picky debate which goes on and on

3.  Snide comments putting down people

I’m going

I try to mix all three aspects into every post....wish I could say that was a joke.