Sign in to follow this  
Katie

86kg Discussion

5 hours ago, PSUMike said:

Just looked at the top half of the bracket. Is Makojev really going to make it to the finals again? Not sure I see anyone on that side who gets the better of him. No doubt in my mind the winner of the bottom half wins it all. 

No way will Makoev make the finals again. This guy doesn't even resemble an elite wrestler. Here's his results against Americans other than J'Den:

Lost to Nick Marable (10-3)

Lost to Moza Fay (Fall)

Lost to Andrew Howe

Lost to Kyle Dake

Lost to David Taylor (Fall)

Lost to Richard Perry

The last two years at Euros his record is a combined 0-3. You could probably wrestle last year's worlds 100 times and he never makes the finals again, everything just fell into place. 

Your point that his half bracket is sad is spot on though.  The finals may be DT's easiest match of the tournament! 

Edited by Cradle1

DT's path to the finals isn't getting much easier meanwhile- even with his biggest obstacle knocked out of the way in dominant fashion. The guy from Belarus won Medved this year I see with Makoev, Sulemanov, and Erdin being the other medalists. Also took a Bronze up at Yaser Dogu up a weight.  Then the Cuban who always wrestles him tough.

Wow, the Magic Man, what an impressive run. Congrats to him on making the finals and earning USA's first medal of the tourney. I know that his Turkish opponent is tough, but I have no doubt that in Erdin's mind he knows he's going up against a guy who stuck him, and I bet that Erdin will probably be very tentative in this match. I believe we see DT win a one sided match, and claim a World Championship tomorrow. 

Alright, so the Magicman pulls Yazdani back into medal contention. Will be interesting to see how Yazdani does tomorrow especially if and when he wrestles Kurugliev for the bronze.