Sign in to follow this  
Katie

125kg Discussion

43 minutes ago, coachjeff said:

Great, great draw for Gwiz! No reason he should not make the finals, which could be huge for us! Highely unlikely Russia backs into 5th place points at this weight again like they did last year either.

It is a great draw. As for the no reason he should not make the finals part...no reason except the fact that it's the World Championships and pretty much anything can happen. There's a heck of a lot that goes into what a guy does this tournament and a little bit of luck is absolutely part of it. 

38 minutes ago, cwillaert said:

It is a great draw. As for the no reason he should not make the finals part...no reason except the fact that it's the World Championships and pretty much anything can happen. There's a heck of a lot that goes into what a guy does this tournament and a little bit of luck is absolutely part of it. 

Very true. No "easy" draw at worlds, all the guys he has to go thru to make the finals are tough, particularly his first match being a rematch of bronze bout last year. That said, not having Akgul, Petriashvilli or even the Ukrainian on his side I consider as good as it gets.

I called Hadi over Akgul!

14 hours ago, PRyan2012 said:

Guys this draw is even better than Varner's 2012 draw! I am sure everyone is picking an Akgul/Gwiz final here but don't sleep on a huge 305 pound Hadi from Iran! 

I called Hadi!!!!