Sign in to follow this  
TripNSweep

157 Semis

Honest question, what did Green do to show a lack of class?

Tripper tripped out. Funny how Green was the only kid he called out for his perception of being a "punk". Strikes me that most kids nowadays flex and point. When a bunch of classless fans boo the sheet out of a college kid working his butt off, who can fault him for calling them out.

Either tripper is related to St John or he has a specific issue with James Green.

Now tripper, either ignore my post or try not to go off like a sixth grader on the playground.

I have an issue with people who taunt the crowd like that. I'll be honest, I pulled a similar stunt once in high school and my coach put it on me at practice the next day and got it through my head that doing things like that was not OK. I could understand if it was something like when Dake won against Molinaro and was asking his section to get louder for him, that's positive interaction. We don't need no class punks on the mat who are going to anatagonize and get confrontational with fans over what they see as an insult. Most other pro sports leagues will fine people for taunting the crowd. And sometimes it escalates like that guy from Oregon a couple years ago when they lost to Boise State and he wound up sucker punching a player and tried to go after fans. You should act like you've been there before, not use the position as having won as a means to taunt people.

I was sitting by the Iowa fans during that match - they deserved it for what some of them were yelling. There was more than one ignorant remark thrown around from the Hawk Eye faithful... :roll:

Anyone who interjects things like race, gender or sexual orientation into heckling doesn't deserve to be called a human being IMO.

I have an issue with a bunch of people who sit up in the stands and boo the crap out of a college kid who devotes his life to wrestling and who happened to kick the butt of a wrestler they root for. There's no place for booing IMO. Yeah, he gave it back to them. Good for him. I didn't hear you call anyone else a punk this weekend?

And your Obama comment gives you away dude. You're lucky you didn't get warned banned.

3. Consistent foul language. Sure, you might speak like that every day, but I don't speak like that every day on a board visited by kids and their parents. People have been given the normal three-strikes policy on this.

I have an issue with a bunch of people who sit up in the stands and boo the crap out of a college kid who devotes his life to wrestling and who happened to kick the butt of a wrestler they root for. There's no place for booing IMO. Yeah, he gave it back to them. Good for him. I didn't hear you call anyone else a punk this weekend?

And your Obama comment gives you away dude. You're lucky you didn't get warned banned.

3. Consistent foul language. Sure, you might speak like that every day, but I don't speak like that every day on a board visited by kids and their parents. People have been given the normal three-strikes policy on this.

It's your right as a fan to boo or cheer. What is this the special Olympics where we can't hurt anyone's feelings? Don't want to make them cry, they might not be able to handle someone yelling at them. I disagree with fans taunting athletes about certain things, cheering for injuries (really low class), or encouraging unsportsmanlike behavior, but feel free to criticize someone's style of wrestling (or in Green's case track and field) all you want. If I pay to attend a match I have the right to cheer or boo for whomever I want. Do you have the same issue with people who attend NBA and NFL games who shout things that make me wonder if we're even the same species? How about college football and basketball games? You know the university near my house still gets heat over chanting something wildly inappropriate at a player from a rival school over 2 decades ago?

As far as foul language, you can kiss my ass.

Thanks for that HurricanWrestling.

Trip, you always have been a pathetic homer, but this particular thread sets the bar higher.You must be closely related to St John and watched with Iowa 'colored' (sorry) glasses. You've shown your true colors beyond belief. I picture you as the bigest redneck,overalls wearing,mullet wearing, tobacco spitting tool out there. The kentucky mudflap persona and picture that gets tossed around here in good fun all the time, may not be as far off as people think.If I were St John, who I respect, and read your thread, knowing I just got beat by a great wrestler, I'd be embarasses that this thread ever was started.

I watched the match and saw Green take about 15-20 shots compared to 2 by DSJ. Iowa fans want to talk about track shoes but Green needs space to set up his attacks. DSJ knowing Green wants space tries to close the gap as quick as possible. Just because Green doesn't tie up does not mean he is not working toward his offense. If I was a die hard Iowa fan I would be nervous too, Green is starting to get scary good.

+2 Hurricane

I'll post same as yesterday.

Funny hawk fans dont even remember their own poem

he toiled on with faith and pluck and when he won men called it luck.

guess it's a good thing they got rid of olympic wrestling, b/c Burrough's signature style and proven winning formula should be banned according to these geniuses.

Green's improving by leaps and bounds. A year from now, I doubt DSJ would have a legit shot at beating Green.

Because nobody has ever reversed a 5-4 decision. I'm not saying St. John is a lock to win next time but I think it will be a good match.

Some of you always throw all us Iowa fans in the same group about how we view stalling. A lot of us actually look at it the other way like i do and that way is if you need a stalling call to beat a guy then you dont deserve to beat him.

Trip, you always have been a pathetic homer, but this particular thread sets the bar higher.You must be closely related to St John and watched with Iowa 'colored' (sorry) glasses. You've shown your true colors beyond belief. I picture you as the bigest redneck,overalls wearing,mullet wearing, tobacco spitting tool out there. The kentucky mudflap persona and picture that gets tossed around here in good fun all the time, may not be as far off as people think.If I were St John, who I respect, and read your thread, knowing I just got beat by a great wrestler, I'd be embarasses that this thread ever was started.

All of that because I think Green acted like a fool and was stalling except for taking a shot here and there? DSJ had to literally chase the guy down to initiate any action.

All of that because I think Green acted like a fool and was stalling except for taking a shot here and there? DSJ had to literally chase the guy down to initiate any action.

You didn't just start a thread, but threw a hissy fit, with cursing, name calling, and blatant untruths, What do you expect,... that no one would react to it? Even Hawk fans are wondering what you saw. Simply rewatch the match, and count legitimate shot, and reshot attempts for each wrestler, then get back to us.

As for Green acting like a fool,...if he did, do you think it had anything to do with the attacking the face and especially eyes from the Hawk wrestler. I'd have probably done more tham that.

What was untrue? Green was stalling. He got called for it. As far as name calling? Someone said I was mad because of Green's ethnicity. I could care less about that, he was stalling and that was the reason he won, DSJ had to chase him down to initiate anything. Is it a good strategy to back away and wrestle from the edge of the mat? Not usually, and he caught DSJ coming in a little aggressively a few times. But the superior wrestler did not win the match.

It's like Hawk fans think every match is won in the final minute. 9 of 10 are won earlier and it's the guy with the lead and no danger of stalling out to coast to the hard-earned victory.

You wanna see who wins the 1 out of 10 comeback? Watch Steinhaus and Storley for starters.

What is this the special Olympics where we can't hurt anyone's feelings? Don't want to make them cry, they might not be able to handle someone yelling at them. As far as foul language, you can kiss my ass.

And you are upset because a wrestler flexed and pointed to the crowd?