Sign in to follow this  
THEMAN

Taylor wins

40 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Yeah I don't like the "me me me" types.

Still rooting for the guy, I'm sure he's great, just thought that was a small blemish on the day. 

It’s really pretty pathetic and small to point that out. He just beat the 2 time defending gold medalist in his first worlds match ever and this is what your concentrating on. A moment he has been waiting for years, there are greater tragedies in the world.

So what if David Taylor is a bit egotistical. Sure, it wasn't classy to call out J'Den Cox last year.  But guess, what: he backed it all up by beating one of the top p4p wrestlers in the world at the premier event of the year. He is a late bloomer on the international stage, but has developed into a dominant force at 86 kg.  It's awesome to see. 

19 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

Quality dude and class act until he loses, then the true DT comes out.  I really did use to be a big DT fan, until the stuff he pulled tweeting about Cox.  That being said, I still hope he wins tomorrow.

Sounds like a solid system- defining people strictly by their worst moment.  If the worst thing DT ever does is make an impolite Twitter comment then he'll have lived a pretty good life.

17 hours ago, treep2000 said:

I think it's finally time to get whatever monkey the DT haters have had on their back, OFF their back.  DT is representing Team USA, and representing US, with humility, dignity, charisma, and downright amazing wrestling skills.  Did he lose to JB?  Yup.  Did he have problems with Dake?  Yup.  Did he lose to Cox?  Yup.  Is he going for a World Championship tomorrow after running an absolute gauntlet of a draw at 86kg?  YUP...  

Let's put all those other bits to bed, and realize, he used them as inspiration and learnings to get where he's at today.  Let's cherish his match tomorrow, and hopefully, we all witness that Gold being draped around his neck!

100% agree. It is possible to really dislike his tweet about Cox and at the same time have an overall good feeling about him. I’ve certainly been forgiven a few times in my life for acting like a total ass :)

Another thing about DT, no matter what one thinks of his worst moments, I’d be hard pressed to put his worst moments anywhere near the top ten worst of fifty even worst behavior in wrestling history. My opinion is every person who ever lost and refused to shake hands is right up there in terms of super uncool behavior. 

2 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

100% agree. It is possible to really dislike his tweet about Cox and at the same time have an overall good feeling about him. I’ve certainly been forgiven a few times in my life for acting like a total ass :)

Exactly.  We need to get over this culture where your life is ruined by posting something stupid on Twitter. we've all acted like a jackass at some point in life, even Mother Theresa.  The haters also need to keep in mind how frustrating it must have been to know you were the best in the world and have to sit and watch yet again.  DT represents something truly pure in my view- what separates him from the rest is that his love of the game has always been off the charts- burnout eventually hits everyone, but not DT, he still has that youthful enthusiasm and he's always innovating and getting better as a result.  Since he's not a guy who relies on blazing speed and always seemingly improving his skill set- I feel like he can continue to dominate this weight class through 2024 and it could be that the best is yet to come.

25 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

Another thing about DT, no matter what one thinks of his worst moments, I’d be hard pressed to put his worst moments anywhere near the top ten worst of fifty even worst behavior in wrestling history. My opinion is every person who ever lost and refused to shake hands is right up there in terms of super uncool behavior. 

After he lost in match 3 vs Cox, Taylor kicked the brick and walked away without shaking J'Den's hand. 

Edited by KCMO2

1 hour ago, BigTimeFan said:

so now... after all said and done, Taylor was behind Burroughs (World champ/Olympic champ), Dake (World Finalist, potential gold), and Cox (World Finalist, potential gold).  And now... Taylor is himself a World Finalist (potential gold).  

Rarified air indeed.

On 10/21/2018 at 12:52 PM, treep2000 said:

so now... after all said and done, Taylor was behind Burroughs (World champ/Olympic champ), Dake (World Finalist, potential gold), and Cox (World Finalist, potential gold).  And now... Taylor is himself a World Finalist (potential gold).  

Rarified air indeed.

Within 24 hours it may be that only World Champions were the ones to deny each other over the past few years. 

Edited by TBar1977

On 10/20/2018 at 1:25 PM, TobusRex said:

Taylor looks like he has a significant advantage in length/reach.

I don't know how it is these smaller guys just run out of gas in these matches.

11 hours ago, quanon said:

Where is part 1?

For some reason it was taken down last time I looked.  The guy does a great job with the analysis, though.  He's done a few others.

10 minutes ago, scribe said:

I don't know how it is these smaller guys just run out of gas in these matches.

Americans are almost always better conditioned than foreign guys.   But muscle mass slows one day; it requires more oxygen to the blood to sustain over time.