Sign in to follow this  
THEMAN

Taylor wins

In the semis, I was a bit nervous because Kurugliev had a decent wheel kick. But Taylor came back surgically and did exactly what he needed to do. He was nails.

I'm very glad to see Taylor in the finals.  He's been at this for a while, and never gave up.

1 hour ago, Coach_J said:

What a quality dude.  So much praise for his training partners and pointing out that he is often down 6-2 in practice so he knows how to wrestle from that situation.  Best of luck tomorrow--class act.

Quality dude and class act until he loses, then the true DT comes out.  I really did use to be a big DT fan, until the stuff he pulled tweeting about Cox.  That being said, I still hope he wins tomorrow.

Edited by KCMO2

I think it's finally time to get whatever monkey the DT haters have had on their back, OFF their back.  DT is representing Team USA, and representing US, with humility, dignity, charisma, and downright amazing wrestling skills.  Did he lose to JB?  Yup.  Did he have problems with Dake?  Yup.  Did he lose to Cox?  Yup.  Is he going for a World Championship tomorrow after running an absolute gauntlet of a draw at 86kg?  YUP...  

Let's put all those other bits to bed, and realize, he used them as inspiration and learnings to get where he's at today.  Let's cherish his match tomorrow, and hopefully, we all witness that Gold being draped around his neck!

3 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

Quality dude and class act until he loses, then the true DT comes out.  I really did use to be a big DT fan, until the stuff he pulled tweeting about Cox.  That being said, I still hope he wins tomorrow.

I was only speaking about this interview.  I agree his act after the Cox loss was sour grapes--not cool.  Whether those tweets represent the "true" Taylor or were an unfortunate lapse in character, I don't know Taylor well enough to cast that stone.  That said, I will be rooting for both Americans tomorrow.

Edited by Coach_J

9 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I am gonna be rooting for him too...

But for the record, after he beat Yazdanicharati, he stood up and pointed to the back of his singlet, not the front. Not a good look imho.

He’s also been one who started the crowd going with the USA chant in a prior event.      So until we see a pattern of narcasism at the expense of patriotism in these type of moments I’m not reading too much into this one. 

Edited by MadMardigain

the great thing about Worlds, is no matter how sore you might be about the local tribe someone has always been on, it is impossible NOT to root for the same guy on the big stage. Best of luck for the guy tomorrow! He looked fantastic today.

59 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

He’s also been one who started the crowd going with the USA chant in a prior event.      So until we see a pattern of narcasism at the expense of patriotism in these type of moments I’m not reading too much into this one. 

Isn’t USA on the back of the singlet too?