Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Day 2 Thread

38 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

By the way, what happened to Gilman in the semis I very much think could happen to him against Spencer Lee. 

I had some thoughts before the WTT this year and Spencer not competing.  I knew that he had to have been beating Gilman in the room, but I'm sure that T&T told Spencer that it's Gilman's spot for now since he has seniority in the room.  Next year, who knows who the HWC send to the WTT, but I'm pretty sure that Lee can win that spot.

After several years of bickering we should all just acknowledge the home battles between Burroughs, Dake, Taylor and Cox we were watching men at the very cusp of being best in the world. I think they sharpened steel on steel to get here to this place where they can win Gold.

1 minute ago, CA_Wrestler said:

I had some thoughts before the WTT this year and Spencer not competing.  I knew that he had to have been beating Gilman in the room, but I'm sure that T&T told Spencer that it's Gilman's spot for now since he has seniority in the room.  Next year, who knows who the HWC send to the WTT, but I'm pretty sure that Lee can win that spot.

I think this is very unlikely. Seniority in the room at this level doesn't exist when it comes to competing at worlds. In Iowa especially, they seem to settle things on the mat. 

Keep in mind Lee took a break from competing since NCAAs. He could've gone to juniors and decided not to. I highly doubt Spencer didn't compete because of seniority.

1 minute ago, BigTimeFan said:

Here’s a crazy fact. Dake has beaten every time they wrested Taylor and Cox once versus losing twice. JB has beaten Dake and Taylor every time they ever wrestled (I think). 

Dake beat JB once (in a best of 3) at the WTTs one year.