Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Day 2 Thread

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

I think this is very unlikely. Seniority in the room at this level doesn't exist when it comes to competing at worlds. In Iowa especially, they seem to settle things on the mat. 

Keep in mind Lee took a break from competing since NCAAs. He could've gone to juniors and decided not to. I highly doubt Spencer didn't compete because of seniority.

Could have happened, who knows.  I'm sure they didn't want another Ramos situation.  Especially since Gilman was the past silver medalist from 2017.  If Spencer were to beat him, Gilman could have been disgruntled and he's obviously an asset in that room.

Looking at Ivan Yankousk's wins during this tournament, it suggest Jden may be the favorite tomorrow. 

Dake and Taylor are both favorites.

I'm getting ahead of myself here, but we could win gold from 79-97KG. That assumes a lot, but still cool to think about. 

Just now, TBar1977 said:

If you bet this exacta many many years ago to both someday be world champions, the odds would equal this weekend's Powerball!

taylor-dake-at-FARGO-2006-040.jpg

Isn't that the only time David beat Dake? Love this picture. 

Reminds me of Molinaro facing Burroughs in the NJ state finals and then both were on the 2016 Olympic team

1 minute ago, nom said:

I need to stop underestimating Cox based on non-world’s performances.

I think we all knew he had the ability to be a world champ, but there was something missing. He either figured it out or world semis is just that hard. Him being 1-2 in work semis isn't bad. 

if Yakhkeshi doesn't beat Colon I will be very upset, Hadi should get bronze too especially after he beat Akgul, Yaz vs Kurugliev is going to be saucy 

Karimi deserves a bronze just for beating Sharifov and the Russian decisively 

Edited by The Genius

My wife and I were hiking Cascade Canyon near Jackson Hole this summer and we ran into a young gal who was an Athletic Trainer at the University of Missouri. I asked her if she knew J'Den Cox and she said yes, that she knew him, but she was shocked some guy from Pennsylvania knew who he was. She didn't seem to understand just how good Cox is on the world level. She said he is the nicest athlete she ever worked with. 

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Isn't that the only time David beat Dake? Love this picture. 

Reminds me of Molinaro facing Burroughs in the NJ state finals and then both were on the 2016 Olympic team

Could be. I don't really know. It is all good today, though. Hope and pray they both win their next match. J'Den too. 

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

My wife and I were hiking Cascade Canyon near Jackson Hole this summer and we ran into a young gal who was an Athletic Trainer at the University of Missouri. I asked her if she knew J'Den Cox and she said yes, that she knew him, but she was shocked some guy from Pennsylvania knew who he was. She didn't seem to understand just how good Cox is on the world level. She said he is the nicest athlete she ever worked with. 

cool story! He seems pretty humble too. I imagine he doesn't talk about his accomplishments unless somebody asks him about it.