Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Day 2 Thread

59 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Dake wins 11-0

That was quite the match. Dake can turn guys, a conspicuous and perrenial deficit with the USA team (I’m not breaking new ground in saying this, I know, I know). It’s actually amazing to think we do so well while scoring so few points in par terre. 

Adding to my last comment, it’d be fascinating to see how many points each team scores by category. We often here so and so guy outscored his opponents 27-4. It’d be really cool to also hear so and so scored 27-4 and that was 7 push out points,12 takedown points and eight turns. I’d love to see how many points each team scores in each category and Russia’s ratio of turn points to pushout and takedown points. 

Key for Dake against the Russian will be getting the first takedown.  I feel like once he gets a lead he's so much more formidable than coming from behind.

Gilman is so reliable and impossible to score on that he's become boring.  Not a knock on his style, I just always know he's gonna win once he gets the lead.  It's crazy, in the decade since Cejudo and Abas retired we're trotted out about a half dozen guys over the years, none of who experienced much success. Along comes Gilman and makes world competition look easy.