Sign in to follow this  
Swayz

NEO A&M Coaching Position Filled

Got word today that the NEO A&M program which will be NJCAA level and start competing in 2013-14 season has closed its search for a head coach. No word yet on who it is, a buddy of mine was an applicant and received an email informing him the spot had been filled. Anybody out there have a clue as to who it is?

I have heard it was Aaron Sweazy.

That wouldn't be a bad guess. I didn't apply though, there was another job in Oklahoma that had my interest with possible teaching though (high school level)

UPDATE: Per the email I received today from the AD/Head Football Coach, they have hired a coach, but will not announce until September.

UPDATE #2: While it is not me, the person that has been offered the job had success in SE Kansas area this last year as well, in fact I would say he was the top coach in this part of the state based on how his team did throughout the year.

Is it filled ? or just been offered?

Well the person who is supposed to be taking over told his current team that he is going to be taking the NEO job from several sources I have spoken with that know of the situation.

The head coach at NEO will be Joe Renfro, current Head Wrestling Coach for the reigning National Champs at Labette CC.

That is the word in Southeast Kansas anyway. Sounds like the president of LCC wouldn't give him a facility, even if fundraised. However...we will wait to see, official announcement is still not made by NEO on their website.

Exact same word that I heard along, with NEO putting together a top of the line facility.

Plus you add in the fact a President that cares about wrestling (son is a Sr. Wrestler for Miami, Ok) and a better payday to boot. Word I heard is Joe only makes about 25k coaching salary at Labette. Other schools in the area start Juco Coaches off at 35 ish and have paid assistants that get $1,000 a month.

Wow, impressive how they won it with little support last year. I'm sensing a very competitive JUCO Nationals this year.

Last year was Renfro's second title as head coach at Labette. In his 10 years as the head coach at Labette, his teams have the following finishes at Nationals:

2003 - 7th

2004 - 6th

2005 - National Champs

2006 - 3rd

2007 - 2nd

2008 - 3rd

2009 - 5th

2010 - 2nd

2011 - 5th

2012 - National Champs

That's a pretty successful run in your first 10 years as a head coach. NEO will be getting a good coach and a good guy.