Sign in to follow this  
HoundedHawk

What a bad day for Storley.

And my point keeps coming back over and over again: what differences does it make?

Storley is in the big dance, and, not only that, he will be among the favorites to win the national title one week from now at 174, even though he really couldn't feasibly get out of his conference tournament.

So, why have the conference tournaments? 8-) Say what we want about basketball, but even it doesn't operate THIS way.

Storley is in the big dance, ...he should be among the favorites to win the national title one week from now at 174....

8-)

I don't know how he'll do one week from now, but he should do okay two weeks from now.

;)

Thanks! MY schedules were inaccurate.

I'm shocked! I thought he had a shot at a national title. All I can think is he is sick or maybe he tweaked something in practice and isn't 100%? At any rate, I hope he turns it around at Nationals.

I will be shocked of he isnt hurt.....

I know he's one some close matches all year but cmon

I'm shocked! I thought he had a shot at a national title. All I can think is he is sick or maybe he tweaked something in practice and isn't 100%? At any rate, I hope he turns it around at Nationals.

I will be shocked of he isnt hurt.....

I know he's one some close matches all year but cmon

Or ill, perhaps.

If you look at high seeds at this year's Big Ten tourney, it appears that several tough guys got the yips.

174 in Big Ten could be wrestled ten times and you'd never get the same result.

This ^^^

This was one of the most unpredictable weights, I don't get how so many had Storley pegged as the winner. He may very well end up a national champion, but there's going to be 5-6 guys that challenge for that as well. It's a total crapshoot of a weight with no clear favorite in sight.

Evans is a slight favorite tomorrow, but it was close in IA City.

174 is raw and will be in two weeks. It is a real true pick em'.

Fact is, they all can beat each other. Certain guys have the others number.

Perry struggles with Storley because he can't ride him.

Same goes for Evans.

Brown is just plain dirt tough and never out of a match.

Everyone forgets Blanton and he is talented on his feet.

Kokesh is up and down and when he is up he can win it.

Heflin is never out of a match.

Throw in Asper and Porter and good luck figuring that weight out.

And my point keeps coming back over and over again: what differences does it make?

Storley is in the big dance, and, not only that, he will be among the favorites to win the national title one week from now at 174, even though he really couldn't feasibly get out of his conference tournament.

So, why have the conference tournaments? 8-) Say what we want about basketball, but even it doesn't operate THIS way.

It doesn't? So Indiana won't go to the NCAA Bball tournament next week if it drops it's opening big ten tournament game by 30 to the #8 or #9 seed?

Actually basketball operates in almost exactly the same way. Win your conference tournament and you are in. Otherwise it depends on your resume.