Sign in to follow this  
jmachinder

MFS Team Race - This session will decide it

19 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I like this better than NCAAs

Nope. Make it a solid Double Elimination tournament so each wrestler earns their placing. This BS of "follow the guy that beat you" is asinine.

At a minimum every wrestler who shows up should know they will have at least two matches before they are out.

You earn your place and third actually has meaning.

22 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

Nope. Make it a solid Double Elimination tournament so each wrestler earns their placing. This BS of "follow the guy that beat you" is asinine.

At a minimum every wrestler who shows up should know they will have at least two matches before they are out.

You earn your place and third actually has meaning.

My comment is limited to scoring

Really need Iakobishvili to knock of Gadzi in semis at 70kg to have any shot in the team title. I have Russia as a favorite in all three medal matches and Sad is crushing people right now. We would still need all of our remaining guys to win out and a Russian upset somewhere else, but if the Georgian doesn't pull this one out, team race is essentially over. 

Edited by Giovanni

Green losing basically ends the hunt for team USA without Russia losing a number of big upsets.  Right now it's 133 Russia, 130 USA (They still haven't counted Russia's 8 points at 92KG)  If Russia wins both semis and Snyder wins his, that makes it 153 140- Russia.  If Russia wins their three medal matches and USA wins all three of theirs, that makes it 168-155 Russia.  If Russia wins the title at 70KG, that would make it 173 - 155 heading into Snyder-Sadulaev with 5 points on the line.  

1 hour ago, jmachinder said:

Green losing basically ends the hunt for team USA without Russia losing a number of big upsets.  Right now it's 133 Russia, 130 USA (They still haven't counted Russia's 8 points at 92KG)  If Russia wins both semis and Snyder wins his, that makes it 153 140- Russia.  If Russia wins their three medal matches and USA wins all three of theirs, that makes it 168-155 Russia.  If Russia wins the title at 70KG, that would make it 173 - 155 heading into Snyder-Sadulaev with 5 points on the line.  

133 does include the 8 points from 92kg

its never good to require Russia to lose to another country, as the win is out of our control, but us winning out gives us a shot at the title

we would end with 160 points I believe. If Russia wins out in the semis, they will have 153. They would then have to lose their medal matches today (3 matches). If that occurs and Snyder wins tomorrow (as factors in already), even a 70kg gold will give us the win 160-158. 

If russia wins their medal matches and semis today, they will have 168, which means we can’t catch them. In fact, Russia can lose one medal match if they win both semis and still lock up the title

Edited by Housebuye

all of the official scores on the media sites aren't including the 8 point.  I'm including it above in the 133 Total I've given them.  They are listed at 145 now, but it's really 153.  They have five wrestlers left going for medals (57,65, 70, 79, 97), with each win being five points.  We have 140 points right now with four wrestlers going for medals (57, 79, 92 and 97)